Chad and Frankie should be fighting each other. They've both had enough title shots.

yookfarb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Between the two of them, they've lost their last 6 title fights(3 each)

Frankie is due for his last title shot in this weight class, and I think it's very admirable that he is deciding to be so active while he waits on the sidelines for McGregor/Aldo, but I don't think there's any need for him to kill off all of the new promising young faces of the featherweight division in the meantime, let him beat up on guys like Faber and Penn. The Oliveira fight was a stinker anyways.

I would rather see the winner of McGregor/Aldo just fight the winner of this fight rather than both of them. and then bring in someone fresh like Holloway that brings something different to the table... dangerous long limbed kickboxing for instance.

This is a bit of a dream fight for me personally because I've always believed Chad Mendes would've always won.

A guy on a four fight winning streak and already has done enough to earn a rematch facing a guy who already fought the champ twice and has lost two of his last three. Yeah, I just can't get behind the timing of this fight at all no matter how exciting it is on paper.

I'll be a little disappointed if Chad doesn't at least hurt Frankie standing. Edgar's fight are usually only exciting after he gets hurt.

This fight should have happened instead of Edgar fighting Cub. It should have been Frankie vs Mendes in Austin, and Cub vs McGregor should have been scheduled after Conor beat Porier.

All in all, I'm excited this fight is finally happening.

as long as chad doesn't get a TS too soon, if he does beat Edgar

It will be interesting to see what happens if Aldo and Mendes both win

Going to be a crazy fight. I like both guys but I'm rooting for Frankie to pull this off.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Aldo and Mendes both win

Good point. I think what would next be considered then would be how did Aldo beat Conor. Was it a close decision that warrants a rematch or was it a beat down? Worst case is Mendes defeats Edgar and Aldo finishes Conor in a beat down. No one wants to see Mendes vs Aldo 3

Other than that there is no one after them.

A guy on a four fight winning streak and already has done enough to earn a rematch facing a guy who already fought the champ twice and has lost two of his last three. Yeah, I just can't get behind the timing of this fight at all no matter how exciting it is on paper.

I actually agree with Dana, Chad rightly got the shot over Frankie, he had only ever lost once in the UFC which was in a 5 round war to Aldo that he arguably won, he decimated Lamas whilst Edgar bored the shit out of half the world against Faber in a very unimpressive performance.

All was fair Chad was #1 and got the shot, Chad was also the much tougher match up for Conor, Frankie doesnt have the power to even trouble Conor anyone thinking so is just nuthugger/delusional Conor destroys him and I didnt say Conor would destroy Chad because I knew Chad had a chance.

I honestly dont even think Frankie has a punchers chance against a guy who hits like Conor. We all seen what Maynard did to him lets face it he was extremely lucky that fight wasnt stopped.

This is actually a bad match up for Chad Mendes. He's on the verge of a 3 fight losing streak when he was considered the guy that only loses to Aldo.

I would have liked to have seen Hollaway vs Edgar. Would have gave a definitive contender. I'm sure Hollaway vs. Stephens will happen around the same time. Aldo vs McGregor will have a rematch at UFC 200.. Edgar vs Mendes winner will headline a card next April or May against the Hollaway vs Stephens winner. Then they get the next title shot in November. Then the Champ gets injured and they push the title fight back to superbowl weekend of 2017.

You got to love the UFC

Yeah if Mendes wins, that will be incredibly awkward since he's already fought for the FW title 3(well, 2 1/2) times in the UFC while Edgar in my opinion has already earned a 2nd title shot. I think Edgar will win because of his amazing cardio, footwork, durability and once Mendes gasses(yes even full camp Mendes will probably gas against Edgar) Frankie will probably take over the fight with TDs & GNP.

I am an Edgar fan so I'm admittedly biased. I think he should've fought Conor instead of Mendes, partially because I think Edgar would've beat Conor and I've never seen the man gas.

Back