Chad and Frankie should be fighting each other. They've both had enough title shots.

I actually agree with Dana, Chad rightly got the shot over Frankie, he had only ever lost once in the UFC which was in a 5 round war to Aldo that he arguably won, he decimated Lamas whilst Edgar bored the shit out of half the world against Faber in a very unimpressive performance.

All was fair Chad was #1 and got the shot, Chad was also the much tougher match up for Conor, Frankie doesnt have the power to even trouble Conor anyone thinking so is just nuthugger/delusional Conor destroys him and I didnt say Conor would destroy Chad because I knew Chad had a chance.

I honestly dont even think Frankie has a punchers chance against a guy who hits like Conor. We all seen what Maynard did to him lets face it he was extremely lucky that fight wasnt stopped.

The real fair thing to do would have been to give Frankie a title shot after he mauled Cub Swanson for five rounds. The timing of the Faber fight also made zero sense (and I don't care what anyone says about Frankie for that fight; Faber was losing, it was his responsibility to try and make something happen and he never pulled the trigger).

Chad and Frankie were actually going back and forth with the #1 spot around the time of the Mendes/McGregor announcement as well. I also have to disagree and say Frankie is a worse match up for Conor than Chad is solely because he could've put Conor on his back as well, and he would have had the cardio to do it for five rounds.

The real fair thing to do would have been to give Frankie a title shot after he mauled Cub Swanson for five rounds. The timing of the Faber fight also made zero sense (and I don't care what anyone says about Frankie for that fight; Faber was losing, it was his responsibility to try and make something happen and he never pulled the trigger).

Chad and Frankie were actually going back and forth with the #1 spot around the time of the Mendes/McGregor announcement as well. I also have to disagree and say Frankie is a worse match up for Conor than Chad is solely because he could've put Conor on his back as well, and he would have had the cardio to do it for five rounds.

beat you to it ;)

Come on man, that fight between Faber and Edgar looked very bad on Edgar post fight, that was one of the worst high profile fights I can recall seeing in the UFC and I was actually looking forward to it. Both guys put in disgraceful performances.

I understand you think hes a worse match up I honestly just cannot agree with you though because Mendes is at least as good a wrestler(probably better actually) and is much much more powerful than Frankie. Frankie has better cardio for sure, probably marginally better striking negated by hitting like a girl compared to Conor apart from that Mendes is better in all departments.

Edgar didn't put on a bad performance, just a really fucking boring one. He fought very safe and beat Faber easily.

Fight wont happen. Edgar will end up fighting Conor when Aldo pulls out again.

Fight wont happen. Edgar will end up fighting Conor when Aldo pulls out again.

thats not that unlikely but at the same time i would actually be quite comfortable in aldo mcgregor happening cause he wont be missing the huge amount of money this fight would bring to him

The fight should be entertaining and a great test for both fighters. It only serves the purpose of the UFCs personal interests. They know Chad is the only one at FW that is a legitimate threat to at beating Frankie preventing him from fulfilling his titleshot.

The UFC had made it painfully clear in July they did not want Frankie anywhere near Conor. Chad selection as the replacement made no long term sense. It served as a short time alternative to their long term Frankie problem. This is just another attempt at solving that problem.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Aldo and Mendes both win

I'd think Mendes would need another win, perhaps the rematch with mcGregor, while Aldo could fight Holloway.

Being the UFC, they'll probably go with Aldo-Mendes 3 immediately.

The fight should be entertaining and a great test for both fighters. It only serves the purpose of the UFCs personal interests. They know Chad is the only one at FW that is a legitimate threat to at beating Frankie preventing him from fulfilling his titleshot.

The UFC had made it painfully clear in July they did not want Frankie anywhere near Conor. Chad selection as the replacement made no long term sense. It served as a short time alternative to their long term Frankie problem. This is just another attempt at solving that problem.

Such a crazy post dunno where to start, keep it simple ok here goes, 1) Frankie put on a disgrace of a performance against Faber 2) Mendes in fairness was already ranked #1 and obliterated Lamas. Case closed.

Why does it all have to be a big conspiracy for some guys? your day dreaming man.

I wanna see Frankie champion again, if he beats Chad he has a very good chance against the winner of Aldo x MCG. I hope it happens.

Back