Cesar Gracie BJJ wins fight camp of the year.

Did they have the best win-loss record? Most champions crowned this year? Most title defenses this year? I know Gilbert defended in Strikeforce in 2012, but Diaz vacated in 2011.

What did they use as criteria?

The awards are based on votes, and Cesar Gracie BJJ has the most fans. Simple as that.

You want more fans, produce fighters that fight like that ones Cesar produces, imo.

Diaz fans are very vocal..
Can't say the same for Melendez and Shields.

The awards are based on votes, and Cesar Gracie BJJ has the most fans. Simple as that.

You want more fans, produce fighters that fight like that ones Cesar produces, imo.

Then why didn't John Cena's fight camp win?

The Diaz brothers, Jake Shields, and Gil Melendez.... That's literally the only noteworthy fighters they have if I recall correctly, two of which, have not recorded a win this year. But hey, I guess you definitely can't knock a Diaz fan for not being dedicated.

Did Cecil Peoples give out these awards?

You know... I wouldn't vote for the fight camp i liked best if their fighters didn't do anything good. I can't say i'm surprised though... with the intelligence level of their fans.

Diaz fans are very vocal..
Can't say the same for Melendez and Shields.

The Melendez fans have been out in force lately. Then again, probably the only reason they suppor him is because he trains with the Diaz brothers and they think he has a shot at being UFC champ.

There's a lot of bashing going on here in this thread....just respect the fact that his camp won and move on. Maybe if Greg Jackson's figgters didn't need to fake sportsmanship for fans then his camp would have won.

None of their fighters had great years. Ridiculous.

Fans show how much they appreciate fighters like the Diaz brothers.

I agree that there have been better gyms this year, but this is a popularity contest.

There's a lot of bashing going on here in this thread....just respect the fact that his camp won and move on. Maybe if Greg Jackson's figgters didn't need to fake sportsmanship for fans then his camp would have won.

I'm gonna be that guy and point out the irony in this post

Please enlighten me with what the camp did that made them deserve the award. Thanks.

Fans vote for the awards

Fans like to watch Cesar Gracie fighters
Fans dont like to watch lay and pray from Greg Jackson and Tristar

It seems pretty simple to me

Back