Cerrone willing to fight at 170

a much better idea than going down to FW I must say.

Dana wont let it happen, he already said no to 145

Dear God.. I hope not. I like Cowboy. He would get destroyed at 170, unless he fought some sub-par fighters, which is fine with me. Give him easy no name fighters at 170 just for fun.

But if he wants to be a contender he needs to stay at 155.

Sadly, Cerrone will never be champ at LW. But he seriously is the best gatekeeper in MMA, and there is no shame in that. Everyone loves to see Cerrone fight.

Last edited:
Dear God.. I hope not. I like Cowboy. He would get destroyed at 170, unless he fought some cans, which is fine with me. Give him easy no name fighters at 170 just for fun.

Sadly, Cerrone will never be champ at LW. But he seriously is the best gatekeeper in MMA, and there is no shame in that. Everyone loves to see Cerrone fight.

Are you calling other fighters Cans?

No reason to let him go up to 170, where he won't contend for a belt, and pick off new guys and potential contenders. Let him do that at 155.

Dear God.. I hope not. I like Cowboy. He would get destroyed at 170, unless he fought some sub-par fighters, which is fine with me. Give him easy no name fighters at 170 just for fun.

Agreed. No shame in enjoying someone as a fighter when they don't have a title.

Honestly, I have no idea how anyone could say they don't enjoy watching Cowboy fight. Win or lose, he brings it every fight. He is a warrior.

He looks like he cuts a decent amount to fight 155, if I had to guess, I'd guess he probably weighs about 175 in shape before any cutting whatsoever i.e calorie restriction, water cutting etc. If he went on a good "diet" and packed on 10 pounds, he's be a good sized WW for his height.

I think he could do it, I'd love to see it too. Big fan of his fighting style.

He looks like he cuts a decent amount to fight 155, if I had to guess, I'd guess he probably weighs about 175 in shape before any cutting whatsoever i.e calorie restriction, water cutting etc. If he went on a good "diet" and packed on 10 pounds, he's be a good sized WW for his height.

I think he could do it, I'd love to see it too. Big fan of his fighting style.
I just would hate to see him lose against elite WW's just because he is undersized compared to those guys.. There are some HUGE welterweights.

That's why I would prefer Cerrone stay at 155.

But I am also a big fan of him and his fighting style. There are some fights at 170 for him that would be awesome.

I would really enjoy Condit vs Cowboy.

I've often wondered what MMA would be like if there were no titles at all. Just guys duking it out with no goal past winning the next fight.

I just would hate to see him lose against elite WW's just because he is undersized compared to those guys.. There are some HUGE welterweights.

But I am also a big fan of him and his fighting style. There are some fights at 170 for him that would be awesome.

That is true, plus Cerrone does have a weakness in the wrestling department.

I just feel like he's been around the block as a 155, he's fought basically everyone. He's won enough to be considered a high level gatekeeper, but not enough to be a contender.

At 170 he's got a bunch of new guys to fight and who knows what could happen. I feel like since he's been around for so long and fought everybody they ask him to, he would get to call his shots a little. Be able to fight guys that aren't gonna just lay on him. He gets to cut less weight and have a new challenge, that could motivate him massively.

I think they both train at Jackson's, that fight probably wont happen.

Like Cowboy, I just don't see him doing better at WW than at LW where he is fighting often, getting bonuses and doing pretty damn good.

Can't see a Condit fight happening, they are probably buds and if anything, Carlos is just a bigger, better version of Cowboy.

Lol at him having the frame for it

Hes tall enough but not a big frame

Would get killed at 170

Not surprised to hear that, he is a monster indeed and is the type of fighter that would be willing to go up. That being said in my opinion he should remain where he is, he's on a solid run and seems to have found his form and desire again as he has said aswell, no reason to jeopardize his current streak which hopefully will lead him to a number 1 contender match or title shot down the road.

He would get destroyed at 170 and I'm a big Cowboy fan. If he can't handle Dos Anjos's grappling at 55 there's no way he beats any decent grapplers at 70.

Back