Cerrone willing to fight at 170

I just would hate to see him lose against elite WW's just because he is undersized compared to those guys.. There are some HUGE welterweights.

That's why I would prefer Cerrone stay at 155.

But I am also a big fan of him and his fighting style. There are some fights at 170 for him that would be awesome.

I would really enjoy Condit vs Cowboy.

They are teammates, wonder if they'd fight

Imagine the size difference if Cerrone fought Hyun Gyu Lim

He would get destroyed at 170 and I'm a big Cowboy fan. If he can't handle Dos Anjos's grappling at 55 there's no way he beats any decent grapplers at 70.
Fight Finder fan detected.

As a matter of fact, Cerrone was sorely outstruck by RDA.

Like Cowboy, I just don't see him doing better at WW than at LW where he is fighting often, getting bonuses and doing pretty damn good.

Can't see a Condit fight happening, they are probably buds and if anything, Carlos is just a bigger, better version of Cowboy.
Exactly, that's why I'd prefer him staying at LW. He can beat most guys in the division except the top dogs. No shame in that, especially since he is getting bonuses left and right, and puts on some of the most exciting fights in the division.

That is true, plus Cerrone does have a weakness in the wrestling department.

I just feel like he's been around the block as a 155, he's fought basically everyone. He's won enough to be considered a high level gatekeeper, but not enough to be a contender.

At 170 he's got a bunch of new guys to fight and who knows what could happen. I feel like since he's been around for so long and fought everybody they ask him to, he would get to call his shots a little. Be able to fight guys that aren't gonna just lay on him. He gets to cut less weight and have a new challenge, that could motivate him massively.

I think they both train at Jackson's, that fight probably wont happen.
I agree, I don't think the UFC would match him up with someone who would lay on top of him for three rounds at 170.

They know Cerrone will stand and bang with anyone and put on a great fight.

Which is why I suggested Cerrone/Condit since both guys love to strike.

But considering they are teammates, I doubt it would happen, it is just a dream matchup for me if Cowboy did move up to WW.

They are teammates, wonder if they'd fight
Sadly, even if Cerrone moves up to 170, this fight probably won't happen. But it is a dream matchup for me. Neither guy would lay n pray and someone would definitely get finished.

Carlos is bigger and every bit as good as Cerrone as a striker, I think he would win if they ever fought. Would be a fun match to watch though, for sure.

i dont see him being champ in either div so if thats what he wants then let him. Id prefer LW where he could maintain top ten status.

Back