Cerrone DESERVES a TS with win over Henderson

cowboy vs khabib would be great #1 contender fight...if cowboy wins henderson

Since Cowboy accepted this fight on 3 weeks notice, I am willing to bet he added a caveat that he gets the next title shot if he wins.

Cowboy absolutely deserves it, regardless of how much Sherdog hates rematches.

Khabib can take a warm-up fight.

Since Cowboy accepted this fight on 3 weeks notice, I am willing to bet he added a caveat that he gets the next title shot if he wins.

Agreed. If Cowboy beats Bendo he will have 7 straight wins over good-great comp. as much as Khabib deserves a shot based on his record he hasn't fought in quite a while and Cerrone's strength of schedule has him trumped in my opinion.

Off topic, I like the new sig, can't argue with Jones' insane list of opponents. I really thought Cormier could beat him but Jones simply wouldn't be denied.

Agreed. If Cowboy beats Bendo he will have 7 straight wins over good-great comp. as much as Khabib deserves a shot based on his record he hasn't fought in quite a while and Cerrone's strength of schedule has him trumped in my opinion.

Off topic, I like the new sig, can't argue with Jones' insane list of opponents. I really thought Cormier could beat him but Jones simply wouldn't be denied.

First person to comment on my new sig and not av, haha.

It's no secret that I am a huge Jones fan, however, I honestly believe every fight going forward is his to lose and not his opponent's to win.

Jon's fight IQ, which is what wins his fights, is on another level.

No, I'd rather see Khabib get his much deserved title shot. The guy Khabib dominated and shut out 3-0 is getting a title shot against Pettis. That says a lot about Khabib. It also won't look good on the UFC, or Pettis, if he chooses to rematch a guy that he knocked out easily in one round instead of the undefeated fighter who everyone thinks will give him his toughest test.

Khabib > RDA > Cerrone.

As Khabib said on twitter following RDA's TKO win over Henderson "and now you understand who is who @ufc"

If Cerrone bests Bendo i think he deserves the shot he's EXACTLY what the fans want in a fighter. He's always looking for a finish and he's very ACTIVE. None of this 1 fight a year rubbish

I hope TJ Grant can make a full recovery. Curious to see how he ranks now.

yep!

No, I'd rather see Khabib get his much deserved title shot. The guy Khabib dominated and shut out 3-0 is getting a title shot against Pettis. That says a lot about Khabib. It also won't look good on the UFC, or Pettis, if he chooses to rematch a guy that he knocked out easily in one round instead of the undefeated fighter who everyone thinks will give him his toughest test.

Khabib > RDA > Cerrone.

As Khabib said on twitter following RDA's TKO win over Henderson "and now you understand who is who @ufc"

You have been a fan since (at least) 2012, and still use MMAth this heavily?

I think he deserves one without the win because I think Khabib will be out for a while (provided Pettis somehow doesn't get injured)

Lol

He's going to be taken down and end up losing a decision

What title shot? So he get get his liver kicked again?

But what if Henderson beats Cerrone again? He sure as hell won't fight Pettis for the third time on 1-fight winning streak and he kills a potential title contender. Who will he fight then? Henderson vs Nurmagomedov?

Khabib's streak is impressive but you still have to consider his top wins don't stand head and shoulders above every other contenders.

His top 10 wins are Healy and RDA.

Cerrone in his current streak has top 10 wins over Barboza, Miller, and Alvarez. If he adds Benson Henderson to that then that's a legitimate argument for a title shot or a title eliminator against Khabib.

Back