CEO Who Raised Minimum Salary to $70k, Falls On Hard Times

Pretty much yeah. Or, its only important that the poor keep being poor. This is what motivates those people: The poor need to continue having a shitty life. That is all that matters.

Its all last place aversion

AS long as there is someone worse off then them, they can feel 'alpha' even if they are dirt poor compared to their bosses.

You mean, rather, that you don't like the implications so you can easily avoid thinking about it, right?

Same thing. People get paid just for owning something. Breeds resentment. Apparently, the most important thing is avoiding resentment, unless it leads to policy outcomes that the ruling class is uncomfortable with.

I mean what I said. The statement was made in one context and you've applied it elsewhere. A child could see it. As if competing in the workforce is the same as sharing among family members.

Who gets paid just for owning something? Usually you've got to loan or rent something out to generate passive income.

I mean what I said. The statement was made in one context and you've applied it elsewhere. A child could see it. As if competing in the workforce is the same as sharing among family members.

LOL! OK, buddy.

Who gets paid just for owning something? Usually you've got to loan or rent something out to generate passive income.

Anyone with passive income.

So what is your position on crafting policy to avoid hurting the feelings of those who resent others who are more fortunate? Against it completely or against it as long as the people who are hurt by the policy are poor?

LOL! OK, buddy.

Anyone with passive income.

So what is your position on crafting policy to avoid hurting the feelings of those who resent others who are more fortunate? Against it completely or against it as long as the people who are hurt by the policy are poor?

:eek:

It's like you're not even trying anymore.

Nobody saying it isn't personal to some, but to take it to this level -quitting your job- is an obvious indication of some type of mental illness. Can't imagine how inadequate and feeble that person must feel when conversing with someone who makes 250k+ per year if they tie up so much of their self esteem to their 75k / year salary. Truly embarrassing.

The woman who quit her job described an interaction where the CEO belittled her for raising legitimate concerns about the raise. Another guy who manages a wealth management company also described feeling belittled for rationalizing higher pay for better qualifications. It sounds like he may have developed a messiah complex and became abrasive, that's a legit reason to quit a job.

I see a lot of posts recognizing the value of a more skilled, educated, experience required position vs a new, lower end position. I think a specific detail that is being left out of that is responsibility. If the receptionist gets in a 8 and leaves at 4 while making $70K for answering the phone and the CFO is working 12 hour days and weekends away from his family for the same amount its definitely cause for friction and resentment.

The woman who quit her job described an interaction where the CEO belittled her for raising legitimate concerns about the raise. Another guy who manages a wealth management company also described feeling belittled for rationalizing higher pay for better qualifications.

Sounds contrived. Premeditated hit job in hope of justifying the grubby fashion in which they left the company. To think they were given a raise and spat in the face of their employer. We can only hope that they never find employment on any level again.

Anung Un Rama said:
its definitely cause for friction and resentment.

That's very understanding of you. What about the other side of that coin? No cause for friction or do you just not care since the dregs of society simply aren't on your sympathy radar?

Sounds contrived. Premeditated hit job in hope of justifying the grubby fashion in which they left the company.

Well, seeing as there were 2 different sources to this attitude, it doesn't sound contrived to me at all. And how is leaving a job for another job "grubby"?

To think they were given a raise and spat in the face of their employer.
Well, it was a raise that was given unilaterally (although her raise wasn't nearly as big as most), so I don't see why she shouldn't entertain better options.

We can only hope that they never find employment on any level again.
:icon_surp ...extreme...

That's very understanding of you. What about the other side of that coin? No cause for friction or do you just not care since the dregs of society simply aren't on your sympathy radar?

You feel receptionists and janitors are the dregs of society? Wow, thats really extreme. Personally, I think all work is noble, it all depends on individual effort.

Lol @ this thread.
Falls on hard times. He's a multi millionaire. What douche baggery is this?
The workers that he's paying $70k a year are still on way harder times than him!

Why not just reveal your position?

Thought I did. My position is your attempt to misconstrue things was beneath the level of posting I've seen from you in the past. Not so much the cheap tactics but rather the complete lack of attempt to provide substance.

Isn't he the same poster schooling you in Igit's Clinton thread? No need to let your failure have a spillover effect. :icon_chee

I see a lot of posts recognizing the value of a more skilled, educated, experience required position vs a new, lower end position. I think a specific detail that is being left out of that is responsibility. If the receptionist gets in a 8 and leaves at 4 while making $70K for answering the phone and the CFO is working 12 hour days and weekends away from his family for the same amount its definitely cause for friction and resentment.

I touched on that awhile ago when I described my position at a company as being practically non-stop compared to others. Nobody chimed in to say it was of any worth. Just me needing to feel better than others I guess. :icon_lol:

Taxes are a more efficient way of actually targeting poor and low-income families. A MW (price fixing) doesn't guarantee that poor and low-income families actually receive any benefits (not to mention price controls heavily distort markets) and empirical studies have concluded that indeed MW do a horrible job at targeting poor and low-income families.

In other words, you can still hold corporations accountable but instead of pretending to help the poor we can actually do so by diverting resources directly to them.
Yes, but, unlike mw, taxes also spread the burden to people who will never benefit directly from the labor, and increase the (generally already tilted) bargaining power of the corp over the worker, especially in a sluggish economy.
The other thing about MW is simply that it is politically possible, versus the nightmare of trying to raise taxes. Which is why I disagree that it is "stupid", even while I agree it is not the best solution.

MW distort market forces, taxes dont (when applied evenly).
I'm not sure that distorting market forces is always a bad thing.

Edit: And I would also say that taxes effect market value.

Last edited:
i make more money then most people i work with because i pushed myself and took on responsibilities. i would be pissed if that gap closed because of some policy that rewarded those who didnt put in the work i did.

i make more money then most people i work with because i pushed myself and took on responsibilities. i would be pissed if that gap closed because of some policy that rewarded those who didnt put in the work i did.

This is why you'll always be a part of the rat race (no offense). Hilarious outlook. Funny how people like you wonder why you never experience true wealth. As long as you get a few more crumbs than the lower class you are A-ok LMAO, not a word out of you.

This is why you'll always be a part of the rat race (no offense). Hilarious outlook. Funny how people like you wonder why you never experience true wealth. As long as you get a few more crumbs than the lower class you are A-ok LMAO, not a word out of you.

Maybe he wants to be part of the rat race as you call it. Maybe his definition of true wealth is different than yours. Regardless, his point is well taken and he should valued, provided his extra effort benefits the employer, and subsequently rewarded.

This guy Price took home in excess of 5% of his companies revenue each year and yet he gets a guilty complex and decides to reward even people that deserve it less than those that worked hard for him to make his millions...all because he took out of context what his mythical $70,000 wage resulted in. Meanwhile, his company is now taking a financial bath.

I'm not sure that distorting market forces is always a bad thing.

That's not at issue. Distorting the value of labor is.

3592273962_4bb3e56194.jpg

Maybe he wants to be part of the rat race as you call it.

di_05812.jpg

boomertx said:
decides to reward even people that deserve it less than those that worked hard for him to make his millions

How delusional do you have to be to claim this type of knowledge? I'm actually curious.

I touched on that awhile ago when I described my position at a company as being practically non-stop compared to others. Nobody chimed in to say it was of any worth. Just me needing to feel better than others I guess. :icon_lol:

My work is the same, so I can def empathize and I definitely think it plays a huge role in this environment.

How delusional do you have to be to claim this type of knowledge? I'm actually curious.[/QUOTE]

I actually read the article...and a few more to educate myself on what this guy is doing. Maybe you should do the same before posting...you'll come off as less ignorant. Oh, you'll still look ignorant but a little less so because you don't come across as well read or too bright.

What is your definition of "true wealth"?

not trying to brag, but im doing well for myself, clear 100k annually and legit love my job. but i started at the bottom with the company and i see guys still at the bottom and i know exactly why they are there, I went to school, took state certs and asked tons of questions. Volunteered for opportunities to assist other departments so i could learn various areas of my field. The other guys choose not to do any of those things. They wanted to coast and thats fine for them if thats what makes them happy. If my company decided to pay them the same or close to my slary becasue they wanted to be nice to the guys who didnt work as hard as me, i would be pissed.

edit* also like to add there are some guys near the bottom who deserve to make as much as me and do work just as hard as me. But they are exceptions not the norm. Thats why blanket pay scale raises to close the gap dont work. If the guy in this article wants to give everyone the same pay raise including those already clearing 70k, then that would be great.

Back