International Centenary: Chinese Communist Party (1921-2021)

Yup. I find myself lured in by how much I'd like this to be true. As I said earlier today there's some really alluring rumors about what Mr Dong is supposed to be willing to disclose. A dream scenario to those of us with an axe to grind.

A dream to grind that an axe on some Mr.Dong?

@Deorum what the hell am I talking about?

Can we go to Shandong?

It's not their numbers, but their pace of modernization. They're building new ships at twice the rate as USN, and these new ships are on par with current US and European equivalents. In 2019, they launched more ships than the navies of France and Spain put together.

20200926_USC698_0.png

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/china-army-navy/

Thanks to their strong industrial sector and economy of scale, they can produce similar ships at fraction of the cost. That means their budget, although smaller, have a lot more buying power. While USN is still the superior force in the open seas, China has the advantage inside the first island chain. If given another decade, even second island chain would become shaky.

defenselayers-lg.jpg

Importing food, energy and rare earth is not necessarily indicative of particular weakness. US has been importing the same things for decades.

@Yehudim

What concerns me about China's military potential is not their quality nor quantity but their motivation.

The countries leader leaderan seems solid and the population is behind every program aimed to strengthen the national spirit.

There seems to be very few defeatist among them.

Back