International Centenary: Chinese Communist Party (1921-2021)

Check out one of our newest members of parliament.

xiaomei_correct.png

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

They know how to play and win the game. It certainly looks like the Chinese century.

Mukbang

The Chinese Navy is probably a force to be reckoned with but saying that their numbers are superior doesn’t mean that much.

Reminds me like a decade ago when people were talking about how the PLA is larger than the US military and they were shitting their pants about it. Meanwhile, the average PLA soldier had access to some tiny fraction of the equipment the average American soldier had.

From what I’ve heard, the tonnage of the PLAN is a fraction of the US Navy.

Quantity is a quality in and of itself, etc, etc.

But to think that the balance of power has already tipped towards China at this point? I think that’s a rather dubious claim for a country that is technologically behind and imports all its food and energy. Shit, they even import Rare Earths, last I checked.
It's not their numbers, but their pace of modernization. They're building new ships at twice the rate as USN, and these new ships are on par with current US and European equivalents. In 2019, they launched more ships than the navies of France and Spain put together.

20200926_USC698_0.png

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/china-army-navy/

Thanks to their strong industrial sector and economy of scale, they can produce similar ships at fraction of the cost. That means their budget, although smaller, have a lot more buying power. While USN is still the superior force in the open seas, China has the advantage inside the first island chain. If given another decade, even second island chain would become shaky.

defenselayers-lg.jpg

Importing food, energy and rare earth is not necessarily indicative of particular weakness. US has been importing the same things for decades.

@ShinkanPo The big day (23rd of July) is only a couple months away. I wonder what type of extravagant celebrations The Party has planned, and if @IGIT will be in attendance.

<Kpop775>

@ShinkanPo The big day (23rd of July) is only a couple months away. I wonder what type of extravagant celebrations The Party has planned, and if @IGIT will be in attendance.

<Kpop775>

I can't wait to work for the Pro Chinese guberment of The Philippines and be given some travel perks to Sichuan and Harbin.

Like I said, Zerohedge reposting a Redstate blog post on a Spytalk article about rumours from Kanzhongguo, isn't even Chinese whispers.
It's not just a matter of Zerohedge being rubbish, but the fact that the first link in the chain was Kanzhongguo, which is worse than Radio Free Asia when it comes to propagating rumours both about and from defectors. They are part of that whole string of media operations run by Falun Gong. Last year they made similar claims about Shi Zhengli supposedly defecting.

I posted this several days ago from Zerohedge. @Ruprecht says its fake news tho

Big Rup always allows pesky facts to get in the way of juicy narratives.

Like I said, Zerohedge reposting a Redstate blog post on a Spytalk article about rumours from Kanzhongguo, isn't even Chinese whispers.
It's not just a matter of Zerohedge being rubbish, but the fact that the first link in the chain was Kanzhongguo, which is worse than Radio Free Asia when it comes to propagating rumours both about and from defectors. They are part of that whole string of media operations run by Falun Gong. Last year they made similar claims about Shi Zhengli supposedly defecting.

I have been waiting (and waiting) for the last few days for more. This one would be particularly major if true; I guess one difference is that a number of various 'mainstream' outlets are actually running with it albeit as a possibility and loud rumor.

I have been waiting (and waiting) for the last few days for more. This one would be particularly major if true; I guess one difference is that a number of various 'mainstream' outlets are actually running with it albeit as a possibility and loud rumor.

Yeah, it seems like they are making up for being overly dismissive of the lab leak theory (calling the very idea a CT. Instead of just the much less likely scenario and without evidence, even if it did feature in a number of actual CTs) by reporting on the rumour mill as news.

Yeah, it seems like they are making up for being overly dismissive of the lab leak theory (calling the very idea a CT. Instead of just the much less likely scenario and without evidence, even if it did feature in a number of actual CTs) by reporting on the rumour mill as news.

It's also how big of a fish he would be that makes it seem incredibly unlikely to me -- this is no ordinary Dong. Any member of the National People's Congress already enjoys an almost unimaginable level of privilege and power in that country, nevermind the guy in charge of countersurvellance for the Ministry of State Security (and much less one as close as he allegedly is to Xi). There's so few people capable of putting him in the sort of distress that would provide enough of an incentive to 'defect' and spill state secrets to the US government of all entities.

It's also how big of a fish he would be that makes it seem incredibly unlikely to me -- this is no ordinary Dong. Any member of the National People's Congress already enjoys an almost unimaginable level of privilege and power in that country, nevermind the guy in charge of countersurvellance for the Ministry of State Security (and much less one as close as he allegedly is to Xi). There's so few people capable of putting him in the sort of distress that would provide enough of an incentive to 'defect' and spill state secrets to the US government of all entities.
Yup. I find myself lured in by how much I'd like this to be true. As I said earlier today there's some really alluring rumors about what Mr Dong is supposed to be willing to disclose. A dream scenario to those of us with an axe to grind.

Yup. I find myself lured in by how much I'd like this to be true. As I said earlier today there's some really alluring rumors about what Mr Dong is supposed to be willing to disclose. A dream scenario to those of us with an axe to grind.

Do you think my OP was reasonably objective?

Do you think my OP was reasonably objective?
I'll revisit it if you want, but going off memory I think so. The idea that the Chinese people traded freedoms for improvements in standard of living (paraphrasing here) stuck with me because it rings true for most of the herds that make up humanity. To be honest with you I don't recall any other specifics, except I was nodding my head and didn't roll me eyes once while reading it. :D

Back