Cejudo barely beat an injured DJ

Cejudo sure is winning at life isn't he? Haha.

I wasn't a fan of the guy for a long while...but in his last 2 fights, he's won me over...2 absolutely dominant wins...against 2 really good fighters...

I think DJ won the fight. I have only watched it once though, and i was a little biased at the time. Couldnt stand Cejudo but he has grown on me a little bit. At least he is himself. If they fought a 3rd time i think DJ wins a decision.

absolutely not...cejudo's standup has improved greatly since he fought dj....I know it didn't happen all that long ago...but the guy is progressing a ton...he looked like a beast against both tj and the dude he just fought...names slipping my mind all of a sudden.

Injuries you suffer inside a fight are caused by your opponent.

I thought DJ won the fight. I still think he is the best 125'er in the world but Cejudo is not far off. Their fight was really close.

I don't think MM would have the same success moving up as Cejudo had. He has better wrestling and I think probably hits a little harder too.

I think people are overlooking how much cejudo has improved..especially his standup...

If you dislike DJ you are that of a hoe.

DJ ran to Asia as soon as someone came along that could compete.

He's not even fighting any of the decent guys in ONE.

He looked very average against Cruz, meanwhile Cejudo looked exceptional at 135.
He looked better than most of Cruz's opponents despite being much smaller. Also, did you seriously just compare a performance from 8 years ago to a fight that happened a few weeks ago as if the difference in experience doesn't matter?

BTW DJ is 15-2 at BW. That's pretty damn good.

He looked better than most of Cruz's opponents despite being much smaller. Also, did you seriously just compare a performance from 8 years ago to a fight that happened a few weeks ago as if the difference in experience doesn't matter?

BTW DJ is 15-2 at BW. That's pretty damn good.

I'm not.

The moment DJ stopped fighting at 135 he became elite. Cejudo is elite in both divisions out the gate.

I can't stand Cejudo, but you can't take away the fact that he beat the greatest (by far) FLW in history.

Close or not, DJ was making it look like he was a class or two above the field. Cejudo changed all that.

I still don't enjoy Cejudo as I find his personality boring and lately he's become one of those lame phoney tough guys (not that he isn't tough, but his recent speeches are ridiculous, I'm not buying the act).

But his accomplishments speak for themselves.

DJ could have fought TJ Dillashaw but chose to fight Ray Borg instead.
The Juicer dillashaw self admitted he wasn’t making the cut without juicing.

DJ was very logical in asking for TJ to have a fight at 125 to show he was able to make championship weight. We saw how that turned out.

The man holds two belts right now and he fought for them, everything else is irrelevant. He just keeps on growing.. I expect Cejudo to be in the GOAT discussion sooner than later.

I don't think Cejudo did enough to beat him, he is only still champion due to circumstance. If DJ was still in the UFC he would have won the rubber match.

Even if you believe Cejudo "barely" beat DJ, or the fight could've gone either way?

You're a total idiot for not realizing how impressive that is on it's own.

I can agree with that. People waited for years for DJ to have a rival on his level and sadly once we got it the UFC used it to get rid of DJ in an attempt to get rid of the division.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back