Cejduo vs O'malley

This would look like a dad getting beat up by a child. And I don’t even like Henry!

Ah, you’re right. I agree with your thoughts — I would favor HC but think that physically it’s an intriguing matchup. I think the people predicting a total Henry wipeout are underestimating O’Malley. Other than the Chito leg kick, O’Malley has outclassed and clowned everyone he’s faced since returning from injury. He is a long sniper with pretty good power. I think if he faced the entire top ten right now he’d knock a few of them out. What remains to be seen is a how he holds up defensively.
He is the definition of a glass cannon, been taken out on a stretcher twice in like 5 fights, Cejudo would be the 3rd time.

O'Malley is really, really low on the list of people I'd like to see Henry fight if he comes back.

Henry destroys him.
As a Vegan myself I am not interested in this skinny fake guy winning such a fight but in his last fight he did show some decent enough high end timing.
I

Lol Cejudo would destroy him. Cejudo can box, wrestle and has never shown signs of a weak chin
“Poon erodes the chins of men” - Ancient Tibetan proverb.

O’Malley by Henry retiring on his stool to go have sex with his girlfriend.

Why do people intentionally come up with these fake one sided match ups for O’Malley just so people can shit on him?

I’m a fan of the kid, he’s talented and has a fan friendly style but this is obviously a mismatch at this point in time. Let’s see how O’Malley develops in the next couple of fights.

If you know the sport then you know this is a mismatch so I’m going to assume that the TC either doesn’t know the sport or just intentionally made a joke topic to gig on O’Malley....cause no one would ever assume this is even remotely close to competitive at this point and time.

That would be the first death in a UFC cage

i don’t think you’ve seen many of Henry’s fights. If you think he’s a killer in there. He has two very good wins. But a bad stoppage and I thought Mighty Mouse beat him the second time.

Joke post?

They are 2 completely different levels of fighter. Henry is top 2 in the division, Suga bitch O'Malley is barely top 15.

Henry beats him 100/100, easily.

Joke post?

They are 2 completely different levels of fighter. Henry is top 2 in the division, Suga bitch O'Malley is barely top 15.

Henry beats him 100/100, easily.

Why is Henry top two? He’s beaten two bantamweights and neither is currently among the elite. I don’t think he performed appreciably better against Marlon than Aldo did the be honest. It was a tough fight that Henry survived because he’s a winner and Marlon is a flat track bully, but it didn’t fill me with confidence that he’s gonna smash everyone. I could see a Munhoz fight being extremely competitive, for example.

I agree that he would be a considerable favorite over O’Malley, but in my eyes Henry is smack in the middle of the top ten until proven otherwise. He’s still really, really short.

Why is Henry top two? He’s beaten two bantamweights and neither is currently among the elite. I don’t think he performed appreciably better against Marlon than Aldo did the be honest. It was a tough fight that Henry survived because he’s a winner and Marlon is a flat track bully, but it didn’t fill me with confidence that he’s gonna smash everyone. I could see a Munhoz fight being extremely competitive, for example.

I agree that he would be a considerable favorite over O’Malley, but in my eyes Henry is smack in the middle of the top ten until proven otherwise. He’s still really, really short.

Yeah I know the Moraes win didn't age that well, but I honestly think Henry had something to do with Moraes' slide. Sometimes one fight affects a fighter more than expected, either physically or psychologically, and that appears to be the case with Moraes. A bit like Kelvin post Izzy.

He had looked very good until then, and don't forget he easily starched the guy who just fought for the title.

I know Cruz is past it, but Henry just beat him extremely easily.

I would only pick Yan over Henry tbh. Who are the 4 or 5 you'd pick over him?

He is the definition of a glass cannon, been taken out on a stretcher twice in like 5 fights, Cejudo would be the 3rd time.

I think that’s very possible. But it’s not a given. Almeida is a MT fighter who landed a good number of kicks and O’Malley was still able to plant and murder him late in the fight.

What makes the fight fun is that if O’Malley DOESN’T cave to leg kicks we’ve got a fascinating contrast is bodies and styles. If HC can get takedowns SOM is screwed. But if he can’t he’s gonna need to overcome a MASSIVE height and reach deficit. HC would get stung with punches and be a perfect headkick height. Personally I would love to see it.

135.. Cejudo vs Yan, vs Cody
145.. Cejudo vs Volk, vs Emmett
Shits and giggles.. Cejudo vs Gregor
135.. O'malley vs Sandhagen
145.. O'malley vs Zabit
Shits and giggles.. O'malley vs Ferguson
I assume u mean conor but there’s a Gregor gillespie in the rankings already.

I think that’s very possible. But it’s not a given. Almeida is a MT fighter who landed a good number of kicks and O’Malley was still able to plant and murder him late in the fight.

What makes the fight fun is that if O’Malley DOESN’T cave to leg kicks we’ve got a fascinating contrast is bodies and styles. If HC can get takedowns SOM is screwed. But if he can’t he’s gonna need to overcome a MASSIVE height and reach deficit. HC would get stung with punches and be a perfect headkick height. Personally I would love to see it.
I wouldnt mind watching it honestly, but sometimes a guy that could be good competition for the top 5 simply hasnt made it there yet so he wont get those fights, even if he could make it competitive (i dont think he will against Cejudo), he was matched up against a guy who's highlight reel was way back from before the Reebok deal...and they are running Venum now, so its been a while, coming of loses iirc, as good as Almeida might had been ( i was high on him back then until Cody derailed him) he has been on a steep decline.

Yeah I know the Moraes win didn't age that well, but I honestly think Henry had something to do with Moraes' slide. Sometimes one fight affects a fighter more than expected, either physically or psychologically, and that appears to be the case with Moraes. A bit like Kelvin post Izzy.

He had looked very good until then, and don't forget he easily starched the guy who just fought for the title.

I know Cruz is past it, but Henry just beat him extremely easily.

I would only pick Yan over Henry tbh. Who are the 4 or 5 you'd pick over him?

I agree with Yan. I would also take Sandhagen, although wrestling could/would obviously be the big issue there. Munhoz would IMO be very competitive, and if Henry is rusty at all I think he loses. Font, Garbrandt, Aldo would all be competitive IMO, though I might give HC a small edge. Against Edgar I would definitely give HC the edge as the younger, more powerful guy. Sterling is actually the interesting one, as the guy who fought Yan gets beat IMO, but against Henry you’d want the opposite gameplan. Would take HC in that one.

henry would absolutely maul him.

HC can kick hard and wrestle. Seems like it could be a bad matchup for SO. I would enjoy seeing it though. Both are guys it would be interesting to see against a top contender. We really only saw HC in one BW fight and he had issues until Marlon gassed.
Marlon is a goddam tank at 135 that hits like a truck. O'Malley would break his legs throwing a Moraes power kick.

Hard to see the UFC paying Cejudo what he would want to fight again just to come back and smash Sean. Though if O'Malley wins a few and gets more popular it could happen.

I could see O Malley hurting Cejudo but CCC's wrestling would be too much for him

Back