cauliflower ear

I've wrestled and played judo for most of my life and I've never gotten coliflower ear. It makes me somewhat sad, honestly.

I say - keep the couliflower ear. It's a badge of honor.

get it drained and wear ear guards

Find a descent ENT and get it drained. Don't train while it is healing or you will just have to go through the process again.

thanks alot guys i appreciate all the responses...its cool u guys can all relate too

i cant remember who made the sleeping comment but ya im sure i will have a painful sleep tonite lol...ne ways im gonna go get it drained 2moro and then ill be investing in an ear guard even tho i think they look stupid...but as soon as that shit is fully healed its coming right off and ill probably end up repeating this whole situation again

feel free to keep posting ur experiences tho its good for future reference

shoot some heroin into it, then cut that fucker off, lol jk, i say ice 20 min, then take it off for 10, and do that for about 3 hours a day, on and off, then if it doesnt work, the drain it slightly from the lobe in the middle of it, like on the side edge (thats just if u feel forming, such a an erection type thing on ure ear.)

lol, but it happened to me and it seemed to work pretty good.

TigreDeBengala said:
I guess you will just look like Nogueria...,that's not a bad thing.
Yep,it could be worse.

Get it drained. When I was in Rugby a lot of the guys got it (not me, I was inside flanker), to varying degrees. That was where I saw the worst EVER, and I do mean ever, far worse than any MMA athlete I have ever seen. It was so swollen that there wasn't even a recongizable ear, only a mound of flesh with folds in it, size wise you would have been looking at half a tennisball (we measured by holding one up and being frightened).

So then everyone that trains grappling gets coliflower? how do u aviod thid ?

i would definitely get it drained, i just waited for min to go down and now my ear is hard as a rock

How do tou get couliflower ear? im gonn a start Bjj training soon. what are the main causes of it?

MMA_Bonez said:
How do tou get couliflower ear? im gonn a start Bjj training soon. what are the main causes of it?
Yea I plan to start gappling soon I want to know how to avoid this problem I like my ears!!!

why won't you go see a fucking doctor instead of asking on sherdog??
LOL

mugsy said:
im gonna see if the swelling goes down in few days b4 i decide on if ill have it drained

The swelling will not go down! Drain it TODAY as soon as you can see a DR. If you take too long the damage will stay that way.

Get it drained, and buy headgear to train. Most fighters wear it while training.

this is a mma forum. dont sound like such a pussy. it's nothing pliers couldn't handle.

honestly, I'm sure it would hurt like hell if it was infected. maybe not, but probably.

go to a good doc and have him use lidocaine. no need for heavier drugs.

Back