Cathal Pendred boasts about submission attempt.

I don't even know what to say. I was as shocked as anyone that he got the win but the to go and brag about his sub "attempt"..........PAAAAAALEASE.........

Nice excuse for not trying to get an inverted triangle to probably secure the kimura.

IIRC he already had the classic teabag kimura position, but transitioned to this silly leg scissors crap.

boasting about robbing a victory from a fighter who looks a full weight class below you
nice

I don't hate the dude by any means, but he looked like shite in his last fight. Homie looked like he was fighting under water.

He has a really bad sense of spacial awareness. How many times has he lunged forward with missed shots, compromising his stance, standing like half a foot away from his opponent totally square and gotten clocked across the jaw.

IIRC he already had the classic teabag kimura position, but transitioned to this silly leg scissors crap.

100% correct. It looked like he could have really put Spencer in danger with the kimura but then fucked up positioning. If he actually did the leg scissor choke on purpose, then wow.

I definitely thought Spencer won that fight, but several in the betting thread talked about the possibility of Spencer dropping rounds 2 and 3 before the decision was read. Spencer was really inactive in those rounds.

All pendred had to do was rotate his hips over his opponent and he could have finished, this guy is the worst mma fighter I have ever seen. I've even watched children fight in those hick mma leagues that are 10x more skillful

Olivier aubin-mercier set up a kimura from that position in his last fight.

Cathal will go down in legend for this, just like the guy who ALMOST invented the wheel except it was kind of too square, and the guy who almost did the longest stunt jump ever but died on impact. Cathal 'Almost' Pendred, ladies and gentlemen.

He's talking about trying to choke Spencer with leg scissors.

I know what he's talking about. Just saying it's been close to happening or being attempted in the ufc before.

Mercier is just smarter and took the higher percentage sub.

Cathal will go down in legend for this, just like the guy who ALMOST invented the wheel except it was kind of too square, and the guy who almost did the longest stunt jump ever but died on impact. Cathal 'Almost' Pendred, ladies and gentlemen.

As long as he keeps "Almost losing" he'll go far for sure.

At least, we won't have to worry about him soon. He will probably get a wrestler with good standup (aka Rick Story, Neil Magny, or, at wild shot Luiz Jorge Dutra) and we'll witness the fall of Pendred.

Also, the inverted triangle isn't a MUST for finishing a guy on a kimura from north south position, it would just secure the submission since you would be attacking 2 parts of the body. He should have done what Sotiropoulos did to Lauzon:

6.gif

I know what he's talking about. Just saying it's been close to happening or being attempted in the ufc before.

Mercier is just smarter and took the higher percentage sub.

I thought Mercier had an inverted triangle? Did he actually get in this stupid leg scissor position?

Anyone have a gif of his spinning attempts? Lol

I thought Mercier had an inverted triangle? Did he actually get in this stupid leg scissor position?

I thought he had leg scissors but I could easily be wrong. Seems like that wouldn't have stood out so much to me if it was from an inverted triangle but who knows with my memory and all the fights on these days.

It's kind of sad that the dude is getting so much hate for winning the fight. Even if the decision was BS, he's got nothing to do with how it's actually scored.

True, but he could at least be honest in that he probably should have lost the fight. He has been pretty open about the fact that he deserved the win.

True, but he could at least be honest in that he probably should have lost the fight. He has been pretty open about the fact that he deserved the win.

Not even just that, but the fact that he says he DOMINATED the fight. If you didn't actually watch the fight and just listened to his assessment of it, you'd think Spencer caught a McGregor/Siver level beatdown.

he should have triangled his legs that would have sealed it. would have gotten a bonus for it.

Pendred is a terrible fighter. His arrogance and undeserved sense of self-satisfaction are classless and I find it irritating. I am not the biggest McGregor fan but at least he can fight and backs up his bragging. Pendred is a blowhard, delusional and I have no idea why this guy was touted in TUF and now STILL being touted as a half-decent fighter and bragging about robbing decisions and failed submission attempts.

Conner is the King's fool & a court jester......Pendred is just a kid's party clown.

Back