catcalls

rock.gif

Thank you.

Anyhow his comment just sums up what kind of person he is and how he views women (and its sick). I am glad that some other men on here are intelligent enough to understand the seriousness of the situation.

What really gets me is the same kind of poster who freaks out over seeing a 'gang' of Tenajo cholos or a group of black males approach him at a Mcdonalds and yet the criticize women for being cat called.

I haven't been to a McDonald's this century, so...

I haven't been to a McDonald's this century, so...

well I personally check my position again. It is sad how one can make fun of women for being offended at cat calling yet they enjoy some degree of privilege.

Last edited by a moderator:
well check your position again.
My position? WTF does that even mean?
It is disgusting how one can make fun of women for being offended at cat calling yet they enjoy some degree of privilege.
Nobody has made fun of women in this thread. You're being an oversensitive shithead and making women look borderline retarded though.

Male privilege is real more so than any race privilege and it is most evident by men in this thread who think cat calling is something women overblow. By laughing at this you are mocking all the lives cat calling has affected and made uncomfortable.
Words can only affect you if you let them. Like how I let them uplift me as I was running.

Also I hope you realize that BRUTAL rapes and murders have followed cat calling. There are too many cases of a scantily dressed female being cat called rebuffing the piggish men and then being raped or even killed (in some parts of the world). One case just happened in India!
This is a claim that feminists make all the time yet it doesn't seem to comport to reality.

You're confused because you're not a woman and you probably never talked to a woman about it and never had a girlfriend who got catcalled. I had a girlfriend with a big bottom and black dudes always commented on it, sometimes straight to my face. You already said you aren't that good looking so those compliments weren't targeted towards wanting to have sex with you while for many women the guy makes the comment because he wants to f*ck her. It's not really rocket science brah. If you've ever walked through the RLD some of those bitches will cat call you and it was disturbing in some instances for me especially if it was from one of the "Blue light" windows. By definition I don't think what they did was cat calling because cat calling has malicious intent.

You're confused because you're not a woman and you probably never talked to a woman about it and never had a girlfriend who got catcalled.
Holy motherload of assumptions batman.

I had a girlfriend with a big bottom and black dudes always commented on it, sometimes straight to my face.
My last girlfriend had the same issue, neither she nor I were ever bugged by it.
You already said you aren't that good looking so those compliments weren't targeted towards wanting to have sex with you while for many women the guy makes the comment because he wants to f*ck her. It's not really rocket science brah.
That was called self deprecation, I just normally don't go around touting being handsome.
If you've ever walked through the RLD some of those bitches will cat call you and it was disturbing in some instances for me especially if it was from one of the "Blue light" windows. By definition I don't think what they did was cat calling because cat calling has malicious intent.
"red light district?" Like in Amsterdam? Dude, it's way worse in Tijuana, those bitches will straight grab your shit and try to drag you into an alley. Bringing that up though, we're obviously operating on different definitions of what catcalling is though. This is the one I'm using:

cat

I was going to write something, but Panamaican nailed it.

Good on you for running and looking good, TS. Keep it up.

1. Not really important.
It is when the point I was responding to is how unattractive the men are that do this. Context matters.

2. Yes. A smaller person can feel threatened by something a larger person disregards.
That is more a reflection on the person feeling threatened than it is the person making the comment.

3. Maybe but the fear is much greater for women than men. So, they interpret the catcalling differently.
Fear? Of what? Words?

4. But men are rarely smaller and weaker than women.
There's so much generalizing here it's hard to agree or disagree.

5. Probably because you haven't experienced the frequency in play. For catcalling, you have imagine that it's everyday, multiple times a day, ranging from innocuous to outright creepy.
I've experienced other things in that frequency. The frequency never changed anything from a positive to a negative.

That said, I love being catcalled by women (when the wife isn't around) and loved it even more before I got married. Although, I did meet some overly aggressive women that made me uncomfortable, lol.

Fair enough.

It is when the point I was responding to is how unattractive the men are that do this. Context matters.

That is more a reflection on the person feeling threatened than it is the person making the comment.

Fear? Of what? Words?

I've experienced other things in that frequency. The frequency never changed anything from a positive to a negative.

You said in the OP that you were confused as to why, but you've seem to have gone into debate mode here. I can get that, seeing as a few of the answers were a little hostile, but if your actually seeking to understand, I'd advice you to think a little more about the answers than what your retort is going to be.

You said in the OP that you were confused as to why, but you've seem to have gone into debate mode here. I can get that, seeing as a few of the answers were a little hostile, but if your actually seeking to understand, I'd advice you to think a little more about the answers than what your retort is going to be.

I did go into defense mode a little didn't I...

Thanks for pointing that out.

I wonder what it says exactly.

Would you say that there's a rightness and a wrongness to these feelings, in the sense of being correct?

I wonder what it says exactly.

Would you say that there's a rightness and a wrongness to these feelings, in the sense of being correct?

No, just a reflection on your outlook of the encounter.

And the context is that it's how women feel about the men catcalling them, not how you feel about the women catcalling you.

Not really. The audience for our words matters. We speak differently to people based on who they are. All of us know that comments that our friends would laugh at might be taken differently by a complete stranger. We modify what we say accordingly. That you don't consider the impact on your audience is as much about you as it is about them.

Fear? Of what? Words?

Fear of the intent behind the words. Aggressive men tend to start with aggressive language. We've all seen that guy at the bar/party - how often to do see "that" woman? Women legitimately fear aggressive men more than men need fear aggressive women.

You don't know if men are generally smaller than women? Just agree.

I'm curious - what unsolicited attention from complete strangers have you experienced at that frequency?

I did go into defense mode a little didn't I...

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers :)

Nothing wrong with arguing, but you seemed more curious at the start of the thread than spoiling for a fight.

Good luck with the thread.

And the context is that it's how women feel about the men catcalling them, not how you feel about the women catcalling you.
Not to sound childish but I set the context when I made the OP, and in that context it is important.

Not really. The audience for our words matters. We speak differently to people based on who they are. All of us know that comments that our friends would laugh at might be taken differently by a complete stranger. We modify what we say accordingly. That you don't consider the impact on your audience is as much about you as it is about them.
Thus reflecting upon the listener, not the talker.

Fear of the intent behind the words. Aggressive men tend to start with aggressive language. We've all seen that guy at the bar/party - how often to do see "that" woman? Women legitimately fear aggressive men more than men need fear aggressive women.
I don't party with douches but I get what you're saying.

You don't know if men are generally smaller than women? Just agree.
It's too general to agree with. Yeah, as a sexually dimorphic species the femal is smaller than the male, but in the microcosms we all run into you can find yourself around a large group of women that are bigger than the men. Like in areas with a lot of asian men and non-asian women.

I'm curious - what unsolicited attention from complete strangers have you experienced at that frequency?
That will have to remain a curiosity as it would derail the thread too much.

Holy motherload of assumptions batman.

My last girlfriend had the same issue, neither she nor I were ever bugged by it.
That was called self deprecation, I just normally don't go around touting being handsome.
"red light district?" Like in Amsterdam? Dude, it's way worse in Tijuana, those bitches will straight grab your shit and try to drag you into an alley. Bringing that up though, we're obviously operating on different definitions of what catcalling is though. This is the one I'm using:

cat

i wouldnt go out with a girl who doesnt get catcalled on a daily basis, nothing wrong with it

Back