Cat Zingano vs Rousey

Hez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cat vs Rousey, what do you guys think? Will this be the next fight? Who will win?

BR_OctWCQAIQEpU.jpg:large

Brittany looks like she would be the jon jones of the division.

I'd rather see Ronda fight the person next to Cat...

Cyborg.

based on zingano's last fight against tate, i don't think zingano will be able to out grapple rousey. zingano is very likely to get armbarred by rousey if the fight ends up on the ground.

in a stand up fight, i think zingano has a better chance in defeating rousey. zingano has experience fighting muay thai and this will work to her advantage against rousey.

when zingano fights rousey, her best option is to avoid the clinch and keep the fight standing up. zingano should gameplan her fight like gustafsson did when he fought jones. jab, punch, avoid the takedown, and move. this would give zingano the best chance to win against rousey.

I'd like to see the fight eventually. I think Cat woulda been a good fight at one time (the way she came back in the fight and worked over Tate was impressive) but with this much time off, and all the stuff she's had to deal with, it's a tough first fight back for her.

Tate while still having stamina got the better of Zingano.
Then she got injured.
She has nothing on the ground against Honda
She's bit better in the clinch than Tate
She will land a few meaningless punches against Honda, like everybody

Something tells me they're going to make Cat fight again before getting her title shot, but given the shallowness of the division, maybe I'm wrong. Either way, as much as I like Cat, Rousey by first round armbar.

Cat vs Rousey, what do you guys think? Will this be the next fight? Who will win?

BR_OctWCQAIQEpU.jpg:large

Brittany looks like she would be the jon jones of the division.

Awwwww yeah now that's a lovely sight.

Ronda will DESTROY Zingano. Cat was losing badly to Tate in the grappling dept. She has good striking, yes, but Ronda is good at moving inside and nullifying that.

I am excited about the fight between these two fighters, but I think comparing the effective ranges for Rousey and Zingano are very worrisome for Zingano.

Zingano would have an advantage at standing punching or kicking range. Ronda would be the favorite from the clinch, ground, ect. Basically everything but standup range. It's not going to be easy to remain at that range for the entire fight against a former judo Olympian medalist. I think Zingano is certainly capable of laying down some serious punishment with her muay Thai, but that's easier to discuss on paper than implement in practice given she's also going to have to be very wary of being taken out of her comfort zone. Ronda isn't the catastrophically bad matchup she is for Tate, but it's still looking like Ronda has heavy advantages in most areas.

Can't understand why people really think Zingano has a chance- Tate was laying a beating on her for two rounds, and Rousey is 10x the fighter Tate is. If Zingano can't even cope with Tate's wrestling, she is going to get ragdolled so hard in the first.

Face facts, there are 3 fighters that can pose a realistic threat to Rousey- McMann, Holm and Cyborg. McMann has some work to do, but I actually think she has the best chance of anyone still- her standup looked crisp, she avoided being thrown pretty neatly. She just has to up her clinch game and she could really push her next time, but she needs to do it fast.

Holm needs to seriously improve her TDD to incredible levels, and Cyborg needs to use a bit more fight IQ- but they have the tools to make it a good fight.

Rousey would still be a clear favourite against anyone at this current point, though. She goes as far as she wants as it stands until she loses motivation.

And let's be honest, everyone here would still dive on Arianny in a heartbeat, Brittany too. She still looks damn good.

Can't understand why people really think Zingano has a chance- Tate was laying a beating on her for two rounds, and Rousey is 10x the fighter Tate is. If Zingano can't even cope with Tate's wrestling, she is going to get ragdolled so hard in the first.

Face facts, there are 3 fighters that can pose a realistic threat to Rousey- McMann, Holm and Cyborg. McMann has some work to do, but I actually think she has the best chance of anyone still- her standup looked crisp, she avoided being thrown pretty neatly. She just has to up her clinch game and she could really push her next time, but she needs to do it fast.

Holm needs to seriously improve her TDD to incredible levels, and Cyborg needs to use a bit more fight IQ- but they have the tools to make it a good fight.

Rousey would still be a clear favourite against anyone at this current point, though. She goes as far as she wants as it stands until she loses motivation.

And let's be honest, everyone here would still dive on Arianny in a heartbeat, Brittany too. She still looks damn good.

I can find no fault in this entire post. I tried but came up empty.

Cat is tough no doubt...but I think the bigger question will be whether she's going to be mentally there given everything that's happened to her recently

Face facts, there are 3 fighters that can pose a realistic threat to Rousey- McMann, Holm and Cyborg.

The one with the most punching power in the division and the only real 'puncher's chance' is being overlooked.

Back