Cat Zingano vs Rousey

Have to disagree. She's been a boxer for what, a decade? I don't think she has enough time on her athletic clock to suddenly develop world class TDD. I don't do MMAth, but I do watch/remember all of the fights I can on fighter A and then do fighter B to try to envision what it would look like. I have for these two and prognosis is not positive.

Rousey is younger and a horrific style match up for Holm. If they ever cross paths, Holly would be finished in the first round. Not exactly a bold statement I know, but there are people that think Dana is protecting Rousey from Holm who I assume have only ever seen her KO gif.

I mean, I can't disagree. It's not going to be easy for her.

But her boxing skills give her something unique that the other women don't have. If she can develop it in a way that allows her to maintain distance and counter Rousey, then she has a real chance- her striking is something no one in WMMA has. But it is a long shot, I do agree.

It's still a better shot than most of the WMMA roster though, who are basically weaker and less skilled version of Rousey. They might be more well rounded than Holm, but they really don't have anything to threaten with.

I think there is a very, very real possibility that Cyborg and Holm are both stopped relatively easily in the first by Rousey. I'd be expecting it to happen- but I wouldn't be completely shocked if it didn't. Not entirely dissimilar to JDS/Cain- I'd be expecting Cain to win, but if JDS pulled out a big shot it wouldn't surprise me.

I think Holly Holmes is the future champ but I dont think she will be able to beat Ronda. Her striking is spectacular, better than some UFC men but I doubt if she will ever have more than an average ground game and Ronda would exploit that every time.

Cyborg could probably destroy Ronda at 145, but I dont think she has much chance at 135.

Honestly I dont see any competition for Rousey right now, I dont think any of the women fighting right now will be able to beat her. Rousey is too far ahead, and I think she is probably pulling away from the pack still.

you don't buy your girl nice things?

douche.

No, I would never buy a $5k purse, and I would never be with a girl who wanted one.

Cat is awesome, I wish she was good enough, she's not, she will be dominated.

No, I would never buy a $5k purse, and I would never be with a girl who wanted one.

Cat is awesome, I wish she was good enough, she's not, she will be dominated.

It's just a handbag.

She would of had lost in the first round, she was getting beaten by Meisha, slow starter against a really really faster starter.

Dat difference.

brittneyrealdoll_zps926b4faf.jpg

wow, from pretty to slutty.

IT'S WHAT SOCIETY WANTS!

Obviously, still doable.

Ziggy should take a fight before fighting ronda. Cat has great hips and is bigger than most of the women in her div so she will be harder to clinch and throw than most. Her and ronda make it a brawl ronda wins a close close decision very gus bs jones esque

while you're at your imaginary mcdojo, I'll have 2 burgers and one large fries please.

haha... but no, I kid. I don't eat that garbage. But one thing's for sure you don't know shit about martial arts. go back to wwe dude. And read a couple of books while you're at it.
so says the person that can't handle fighters wanting to beat up other fighters. Upset enough to write up a long post and sign it rant/emo. Yea you're clearly the best person to be talking about fighting.

I mean, I can't disagree. It's not going to be easy for her.

But her boxing skills give her something unique that the other women don't have. If she can develop it in a way that allows her to maintain distance and counter Rousey, then she has a real chance- her striking is something no one in WMMA has. But it is a long shot, I do agree.

It's still a better shot than most of the WMMA roster though, who are basically weaker and less skilled version of Rousey. They might be more well rounded than Holm, but they really don't have anything to threaten with.

I think there is a very, very real possibility that Cyborg and Holm are both stopped relatively easily in the first by Rousey. I'd be expecting it to happen- but I wouldn't be completely shocked if it didn't. Not entirely dissimilar to JDS/Cain- I'd be expecting Cain to win, but if JDS pulled out a big shot it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm not sold on Holm's striking. She was getting outboxed by Jones in the first round.

I think Ronda will then this one fairly easily. IMHO, Miesha was getting the better of Cat until she got caught late in the fight.

Cat has great hips and is bigger than most of the women in her div so she will be harder to clinch and throw than most. Her and ronda make it a brawl ronda wins a close close decision very gus bs jones esque

I have a challenge for you. Rewatch Rousey/Tate II, and Zingano/Tate, and say that again with a straight face.

If you can, you're borderline insane.

so says the person that can't handle fighters wanting to beat up other fighters. Upset enough to write up a long post and sign it rant/emo. Yea you're clearly the best person to be talking about fighting.

do I know you?

Ziggy should take a fight before fighting ronda. Cat has great hips and is bigger than most of the women in her div so she will be harder to clinch and throw than most. Her and ronda make it a brawl ronda wins a close close decision very gus bs jones esque

Cat isn't big.

Holm remains an unknown quantity at this stage, which is better than most women on the roster can offer.

It's more likely that Nunes can develop her ground game enough to stand up and get back to trying to Falcon Punch Rousey after being taken down (especially given that she's 25) than it is for Holm to do so.

Tate did not dominate Zingano as much as you people are claiming. Zingano reversed her several times in that fight and Tate has looked like shit from bottom position in BJJ. Count how many times Tate was able to get up or reverse when Zingano was on top of her. NONE. Zingano let Tate up when she wanted and she has much better technique in shooting for takedowns than Tate did when they were fighting. Zingano will have to cut a lot of angles to defeat Rousey.

Back