Castellammarese war

Sometimes I'm amazed at the intelligent conversations about interesting subjects to be found here...

They were all fucking idiot criminals that somehow fellow idiots respected. I grew up around the like, and it was amazing how stupid they were, but were able to run criminal enterprises.

Running criminal stuff is fairly simple

Highly stressful but not that complicated

Gang boss confirmed.

Was a street level idiot in my early twenties.

Was suggested running a crew,Not because i was especially tough or smart but simply because i knew how to not attract attention

Lol i used basic logic when working and i was considered smart.

Tells something about the iq of these type of guys.

Was a street level idiot in my early twenties.

Was suggested running a crew,Not because i was especially tough or smart but simply because i knew how to not attract attention

Lol i used basic logic when working and i was considered smart.

Tells something about the iq of these type of guys.
lol at Finland gangsters.

Boyhunter with Full Leather Jacket wins.

NUP_188012_1724-1000x640.jpg

Anyone know much about some earlier guys salvatore d'aquila, giovanni bonventre, joseph pinzolo, guiseppe morrello or any others?

I don't know a ton of the pre 1930's either. I know more about the guys from the 70's forward. My Gradnmother is first cousins with Domenico "Italian Dom" Cefalu. Great uncle Dom was inducted as a made man by John Gotti back in the late 80's. So I'm specifically familiar with the Gambino crime family.

Can't say I know Dom well, only met him a few times at family gatherings and at my Grandma's funeral. Some of my cousins got involved in shit with them though and one is dead now and a few others are in prison.

I'm not the best on pre-1930s era crime families. I do know that three of the four you mentioned were killed during the war. It was a dangerous time to be a mobster.

Yeah from what I've read there were hits left and right in that era.

Are you more of a 80s/90s Gotti era guy?

Last edited:
I don't know a ton of the pre 1930's either. I know more about the guys from the 70's forward. My Gradnmother is first cousins with Domenico "Italian Dom" Cefalu. Great uncle Dom was inducted as a made man by John Gotti back in the late 80's. So I'm specifically familiar with the Gambino crime family.

Can't say I know Dom well, only met him a few times at family gatherings and at my Grandma's funeral. Some of my cousins got involved in shit with them though and one is dead now and a few others are in prison.

Interesting stuff man, I have read about Italian Dom. I don't know much about after 2000. Any idea what the five families presence is like in NY nowadays?

Back