Castellammarese war

KeiranMc

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Any of you gangsters have any knowledge on this?

I know most folk hang off the balls of Lucky Luciano but just wondering what you think of the two bosses he had killed, Salvatore Maranzano and Joe The Boss Masseria.

In b4 Anastasia whoops both at same time.

I liked what I read about Maranzano. He was cultured, educated, spoke several languages. I’m assuming pretty intelligent. Trusted only fellow Sicilians from Castellammarese, like Joseph Bonnano. I believe was very secretive about keeping the Mafia underground.

I personally think the Mafia should not only be involved in blue collar crimes, but also weave and incorporate itself into corporate businesses. Be legit and be able to have connections and power in the upper crust of society.

Yeah apparently he was obsessed with Ceaser too, was power hungry and set on old ways of running the mafia.

Bonnano spoke highly of him.

Frustrating thing is the only known photos of Maranzano are from his death scene.

Oh and nice Persico av.

I liked what I read about Maranzano. He was cultured, educated, spoke several languages. I’m assuming pretty intelligent. Trusted only fellow Sicilians from Castellammarese, like Joseph Bonnano. I believe was very secretive about keeping the Mafia underground.

I personally think the Mafia should not only be involved in blue collar crimes, but also weave and incorporate itself into corporate businesses. Be legit and be able to have connections and power in the upper crust of society.
that is actually what Michael Franzese did.

I know most folk hang off the balls of Lucky Luciano but just wondering what you think of the two bosses he had killed, Salvatore Maranzano and Joe The Boss Masseria.

Both of those guys were so old school and set in their ways and determined to be absolute ruler of the mob that it led to their downfall.

Maranzano deserves credit for working out some of the blueprint for the 5 families, but he was still determined to be master overseer. He was also super opposed to working with other gangs in any capacity, where Luciano was open to working with Irish and Jewish folks.

The new blood knew if they worked together they could stay under the radar of law enforcement. At the point Lucky Luciano and Bonanno took those guys out, the consensus was if Luciano moved for boss of bosses, nobody would oppose him. instead he formed the commission and declared everyone gets a single vote. It surprised the hell out of everyone and worked for decades. No gang wars between Italians whatsoever was what separated the Italian gangs. Their level of cooperation is what made the Irish and jews and every other gang back the fuck off. Everyone knew not to fuck with the Italians.

The book "Five families" is the best read of all the books I have read.

The book "the sixth family" is also terrific. A lot of people don't realize the Montreal family eventually became far more powerful than any of the new York families.

hopefully all those cowardly piece of shits die...nothing worse than trying to glorify scum bag pos gangsters

hopefully all those cowardly piece of shits die...nothing worse than trying to glorify scum bag pos gangsters
Triggered.

Your mom get banged by a Paisan in front of you while you were told to sit in a corner and suck your thumb?

Triggered.

Your mom get banged by a Paisan in front of you while you were told to sit in a corner and suck your thumb?

If by paisano you mean my dad, yes and no...plowed many times...never in front of me though

Triggered? Lol

You must be one of them wanna be guido gangsters

FWIW, the real OG of the mafia was at my grandfathers funeral...even though he made it clear that he hated the mafioso....maybe it was because the black hand murdered his first wives husband

They were all fucking idiot criminals that somehow fellow idiots respected. I grew up around the like, and it was amazing how stupid they were, but were able to run criminal enterprises.

They were all fucking idiot criminals that somehow fellow idiots respected. I grew up around the like, and it was amazing how stupid they were, but were able to run criminal enterprises.
They were a combination of stupid and insanely intelligent. Some of the schemes these douches came up with surprised even me with how damn deep they were.

Intelligence isn't some stable trait but an ability with MANY dimensions you can train. They were/are dumb as shit by most usual standards (abstract thought, mathematic logic, formal logic etc) but they have experience and training in making "business", persuasion, administering a capital and catching their own off guard.

They're also good at PR in their own environment. In my city they are still hugely popular in some suburbs and effectively rule some towns. They rule like shit obviously but still. Not easy.

They were all chumps they get murked with a quickness by buster from Chicago

that is actually what Michael Franzese did.

Yes sir. I was actually thinking of what the Yakuza has done in Japan when writing, but can’t argue with Michael Franzese. I also believe if Paul Castellano hadn’t been killed, that’s the path he would have taken the Gambino Family down.

You are not wrong sir, I just take an interest in reading about it but yeah they were bad men.

Bonnano played a part in taking out Maranzano?
Actually, I am not sure. I do know he was 2nd in command and didn't give a fuck his boss had just been killed because he was cozy buddies with luciano.

Actually, I am not sure. I do know he was 2nd in command and didn't give a fuck his boss had just been killed because he was cozy buddies with luciano.

I have seen a video of Bonnano talking highly of Maranzano.

And I thought the three who were tight from a younger age were Luciano, Costello and Genovese (although I think Genovese later put the hit out on Costello that forced him to retire, carried out by Vincent Gigante)

I have seen a video of Bonnano talking highly of Maranzano.

And I thought the three who were tight from a younger age were Luciano, Costello and Genovese (although I think Genovese later put the hit out on Costello that forced him to retire, carried out by Vincent Gigante)
yes that is accurate. however, bonanno stood by and forged a partnership right away with Luciano that lasted a lifetime instead of taking revenge.

Costello and genovese were never close. Genovese ran the rough crews while Costello ran more white collar crime crews. Costello was afraid of Geno always with good reason.

Back