Cases of genuine hate between fighters before and after?

Idk why people want to see fighters who hate each other.

Why's that exciting for you?

Why don't people in other sports like tennis or basketball care about watching people who hate each other play?

Idk why people want to see fighters who hate each other.

Why's that exciting for you?

Why don't people in other sports like tennis or basketball care about watching people who hate each other play?

Because it's fighting.

Because it's fighting.

So?

Its still just a game.

My hand hits your face in this direction and you go to sleep, I win. Your hands and feet hit me more than mine hit you and you win. Etc.

There's no need for animosity over a game.

Especially between 2 people who are both pros at this game. Having a common interest and all, you'd think they would get along instead of hate each other.

i felt like Rashad legit hated Jon. From what i recall, he sorta felt like he was pushed out of Jack/Wink when Jon became a big deal.

So?

Its still just a game.

My hand hits your face in this direction and you go to sleep, I win. Your hands and feet hit me more than mine hit you and you win. Etc.

It isn't a game. If you're going to be intentionally dense about this, there's no point in discussing this. But fighting isn't a game in any way.

Cruz and TJ
Cruz and Cody
Matt Brown vs everybody
Rounda and Bethe
Silva was not a fan of Vitor when they fought
Matt Brown respects Robbie at least.

Someone needs to post the gif of Rampage punching Wand with the referee holding him.

So?

Its still just a game.

Especially between 2 people who are both pros at this game. Having a common interest and all, you'd think they would get along.
of course there's no NEED, but you can't deny the fact it spurs interest. And 2 fighters who legit hate each other, on paper, should please JBG.

It isn't a game. If you're going to be intentionally dense about this, there's no point in discussing this. But fighting isn't a game in any way.

It literally is a game. There's even points if you can't get a finish.

We are playing who can shut each others brain off first. Or who can hit the other more. Or who can make the other tap.

How is it not a game?

of course there's no NEED, but you can't deny the fact it spurs interest. And 2 fighters who legit hate each other, on paper, should please JBG.

DC and Jon hated each other more than any other 2 fighters and it wasn't really a just bleed war. It turned out pretty lackluster.

Aldo hated Conor and look how that turned out. Real exciting war wasn't it?

It literally is a game. There's even points if you can't get a finish.

We are playing who can shut each others brain off first. Or who can hit the other more. Or who can make the other tap.

How is it not a game?

You're obviously trolling.

Uriah vs John Doomsday Howard; The hatred between those two was too much for me.

DC and Jon hated each other more than any other 2 fighters and it wasn't really a just bleed war. It turned out pretty lackluster.

Sure, lets just pick rivalries that had boring fights, and Ignore great ones like Snake vs Cruz.

Krazy Horse and Wand

Sure, lets just pick rivalries that had boring fights, and Ignore great ones like Snake vs Cruz.

That wasn't a JBG war either.

What're other examples?

Nick Diaz vs GSP? Boring ass fight.

IMO, I think when 2 fighters truly dislike one another, it makes for a worse fight not a better one.

The tenseness and the nervousness of not wanting to lose to a guy you hate will make you either fight more careful than usual, or more reckless/aggressive than usual.

Either way, it won't make for as good of a fight as when 2 guys are completely lucid and clear headed going into it.

But fighting isn't a game in any way.

It has rules, games have rules. It has fouls, games have fouls. It has referees, common amongst games. A defined set of parameters for winning and losing. It's a formal competition with a complicated point scoring system.

I don't really have a dog in this.. game, but, I mean, it is totally like a game in some ways.

That wasn't a JBG war either.

What're other examples?

Nick Diaz vs GSP? Boring ass fight.

IMO, I think when 2 fighters truly dislike one another, it makes for a worse fight not a better one.

The tenseness and the nervousness of not wanting to lose to a guy you hate will make you either fight more careful than usual, or more reckless/aggressive than usual.

Either way, it won't make for as good of a fight as when 2 guys are completely lucid and clear headed going into it.
Diaz and GSP never had real hate for eachother. I honestly am the wrong dude to ask for JBG wars with two fighters that hated eachother.

It has rules, games have rules. It has fouls, games have fouls. It has referees, common amongst games. A defined set of parameters for winning and losing. It's a formal competition with a complicated point scoring system.

I don't really have a dog in this.. game, but, I mean, it is totally like a game in some ways.

The only time fighting isn't a game is when its on the street, happens unexpectedly and neither guy knows whether the other has any intention of stopping once the other is out.

Whenever you agree to a contest, even if it's not a sanctioned fight, even if its out on a park somewhere, it becomes a game.

Hence I used the phrase "on paper" . I agree it's not needed every fight, and it's nice to see fighters who didn't need/ do it like GSP and others.

It still brings interest when a fight happens with genuine animosity between the fighters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back