Carousel Mount escape?

looks like he could get your leg also.
i think the guy could read what you are doing too easy also, he could flatten out on you, it could be used when the guy is in the upright position and not trying to put wieght on you, i think it would have to be done fast and you would ahve to be limber

Could work if someone sits up and high on your chest and tries to unload on you. In pure grappling then I really doubt you'd get away with this move. I rarely sit up when I have someone mounted for them to bring that leg around and under me. Or if he did get it in front of me I'd stack down hard on it and pull his head up into his knee. Getting folded in half would make him think twice about doing that. Hell you could proabably get an inverted heel hook on him for doing that shit.

If the person mounting you acts lobotomized while you're pulling your leg up and then trying to push him away, it probably works just fine.

Push the guy up and get the other knee inside and you're cool. I do it all the time...

Should work fine assuming you time it right. It's best to go for when they have based out on you from mount or even have their hooks behind your thighs from mount. However it is very hard to take clear pictures with someone else lying on top of you. Assuming you don't put the foot too high up their body or too far across you won't get heel hooked.

Jin'emon, I escaped from Murilo Rupps mount with this escape and seeing as how he is an American Top Team black belt instructor I think it is safe to say it can be achieved against someone that isn't lobotomised. Apparently Roy Harris also uses and includes this technique on one of his tape sets (Smorra commented on lockflow about it). I doubt he's lobotomised either.

I-Shoji, it's possible to make space to get the leg in quite easily most of the time. Even if you do stack and try bring their head to their knee, assuming they are as flexible as myself, they can simply let you and turn their hips and still score the turnover. Or another option isd to simply anklepick the person stacking you, they fall back, you have a leg trapped.

Superbeast, we've been playing with this in the gym a bit, and a couple of my guys have been having somw good luck with it!, love your additions to our database.

Something else you can do is, after your foot is in place, push with both hands and your leg and watch them fly.

Superbeast said:
.. Apparently Roy Harris also uses and includes this technique on one of his tape sets (Smorra commented on lockflow about it).
Yeah, I remember now, that it was on Roy's Heel Hook seminar tape and on one of leglocks.com's Leglocks That Work tapes. Your variation is a little different, you end up with a half-boston-crab, instead of ankle lock or heel hook lying on your side, and you grab your own foot to bring it in front of him. I recall that both of the instructionals said to push the other guy's hips back and to the side to make space in front, then whip your leg in-front on its own power.

the guy whose in the mount is given a heel hook ?

this looks a lot easier than the accordion escape that Im always trying to get.....

question, what really stands in the way of you finishing the lock at step 5?...especially if you can push your other leg through at that point?

TwIsTeD&BrOkEn said:
this looks a lot easier than the accordion escape that Im always trying to get.....

question, what really stands in the way of you finishing the lock at step 5?...especially if you can push your other leg through at that point?

is the accordian escape where you get your feet beneath your mounting opponents shoulders?

thats my name for it....I dunno if there are other names or not..... Im pretty flexible, and I do no gi, and Im short, so its pretty tough to get my feet in thier armpits....I usually just swing them around and hook thier waist......and pop out the back door....sometimes I can get a leg.

this escape looks a lot easier to do tho, for sure.

I nailed a couple of people with this escape at the BTT Barcelona summer camp and I got a "good, good, NIIIICE" from Mario Sperry as he was watching on so I guess it can't suck too much.

Looks like you could grab a heel hook when you brought that first leg up.

Read the fucking thread. I already explained how a heelhook can't be caught unless you don't do the technique right.

well you wanna answer my question then?....I read the fucking thread!

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to DutchMasterj3 mentioning the heelhook when I have already said in this thread and in the step by step that you won't get heel hooked unless you put the foot too high up or too far across and do it wrong.

As for your question, there is no reason when at step 5 you can't finish it, I just prefer to be able to sit down and pin their leg to the mat under my ass. If you do want to just go to finish at step 5, you'd obviously need to get the foot that was by their waist under the opposing knee to avoid a counter leglock and squeeze their knee between yours.

Superbeast said:
I nailed a couple of people with this escape at the BTT Barcelona summer camp and I got a "good, good, NIIIICE" from Mario Sperry as he was watching on so I guess it can't suck too much.

Ahh, so thats what you were going for when practising mount escapes with me. It looks like the technique is worth a shot when both of you are tired.

You know the Madasgascan French speaking dude? Got him with it. Also had a roll with on of the Irish guys (think it was Mick, not Judo Mick though) and got him with it. He escaped the footlock but I got a toehold after to get the tap.

Back