Carmont is gone

The UFC is going to be pretty much American dominated from here on out and at this point I'm not sure they are going to be looking in other nations except Russia and Brazil. We've seen that only Russia and Brazil can produce fighters as tough and determined and athletic and good at wrestling as American fighters, and even with them it is only a handful. We have seen that Canadian fighters are not gonna cut it, sans GSP and that is largely because he was a one in 10 million athletic marvel to start with, and European fighters (especially French fighters) are not gonna cut it either with maybe a couple at most exceptions. Americans really are tougher, braver and have more heart than the rest of the world.

The UFC is going to be pretty much American dominated from here on out and at this point I'm not sure they are going to be looking in other nations except Russia and Brazil. We've seen that only Russia and Brazil can produce fighters as tough and determined and athletic and good at wrestling as American fighters, and even with them it is only a handful. We have seen that Canadian fighters are not gonna cut it, sans GSP and that is largely because he was a one in 10 million athletic marvel to start with, and European fighters (especially French fighters) are not gonna cut it either with maybe a couple at most exceptions. Americans really are tougher, braver and have more heart than the rest of the world.

Lol.

I have to wonder how his robbery wins over Lawlor and Larkin will affect the decision, he SHOULD be 1-4 in his last 5 fights.

As I said before, maybe French people now are too wimply and unathletic enough and don;'t have enough martial prowess for MMA and don't have the heart of American fighters. We've seen Cheick Kongo, Karl Ammoussou and now Carmont basically become washouts and it seems like they were among the French fighters who had the best potential for MMA. And then there was Pairaisy on TUF season 11, who had Dana say on national TV he should get a different job. I guess the French cannot fight anymore, or at least they cannot do it as well as Americans.

lmao

no chance he's cut.

yeah, it wasn't a bad fight by any stretch. and a loss to jacare is not some bit black spot on his record either. i don't really get the op--maybe it would help if it consisted of more than three words.

Too little too late. Some truly awful fights recently. If you're boring and lose consecutive fights, hard to complain.

Eh jacare fight was good....he was getting best of the striking.....and showing some aggression

Change your thread title TS. For a moment- i thought that Carmont was actually cut. No need for this misleading title here.

Yes you're right.....nationality is what determines athletic ability, and "toughness"

Change your thread title TS. For a moment- i thought that Carmont was actually cut. No need for this misleading title here.

yeah i thought the same thing, saw no link, and saw nothing posted on any of the main news sites. this is kind of a whitebelt thread IMO. it says nothing and is misleading. step your game up red belt.

yeah i thought the same thing, saw no link, and saw nothing posted on any of the main news sites. this is kind of a whitebelt thread IMO. it says nothing and is misleading. step your game up red belt.

My thoughts exactly. Change the thread title, or otherwise this thread belongs in the wasteland. I actually went online to twitter and other news sites to see if Carmont was actually cut. No need for this misleading title.

I see you're fine with the French-bashing comments, but threaten to ban me for posting a (not derogatory or generalisation) comment about America.

Hmmm, wonder what nationality you are...

Are you that British guy who was bitching way back when because someone called GSP a frog? I bet you are.

He's too explosive to be cut if you know what I mean.

I don't get the hate for this guy.

Wins the first with striking, loses the 2nd to grappling, so comes out in the third and decides to grapple.
He threw a win away.

Wins the first with striking, loses the 2nd to grappling, so comes out in the third and decides to grapple.
He threw a win away.
Two of the judges scored all 3 rounds for Dollaway. I thought Dollaway definitely stole the first round with all the damage he did after he knocked Carmont down. If I was going to give Carmont a round it would probably be the second.

Back