Carlos Condit's final fight

Condit/Cowboy would be awesome. Too likable guys who will surely put on a highly entertaining fight. That sounds like the best sendoff to me.

He's had a great career, I'm good with him just hanging em up. But if there were one more scrap to make, I'd say Cote on the bottom end and Lawler at the top.

Final-Fight-CD-Player-Select.png

I like the Cowboy suggestion or how about a rematch of this...

DanHardyKOd.gif

"Yet he threw knees, hard punches, and head kicks at Nick"

-Didn't throw one shot that was capable of dropping Nick. Not one punch was thrown harder than the hook he hit Hardy with, as they were exchanging.

"Anderson couldn't even rock Nick."

-Nick got dropped by Daley, Gomi, and Zaromskis.

"Nick even stated post fight (in his retirement rant) that he (Nick) didn't fish for an armbar at the end because he thought he was ahead on points. Sounds like Nick was pointfighting."

Passing on a sub attempt to hold a dominant position is much different from trying to win by slap-fighting from a distance for 25 minutes.

"he gave up like he always does"

-lol

49-46 Albuquerque what?

Look, you can spin the fight from your rose colored glasses and no one can convince you otherwise, but you're retarded.

Daley and Gomi are two of the hardest punchers of all time. Both lost those fights, btw.

Condit landed more, landed harder, and easily outstruck Nick. Nick had no answer for lateral movement. Not everyone will fight Nick like Penn did-- back up to the cage and eat shots. Even then, Penn handled him in the first round.

If Condit did nothing to attempt to finish or win, Nick did even less.

I'd like to see him rematch Diaz and this time KO him via head kick.

Big fan but I think he is mentally checked out.

Seems he has a real concern about brain damage and has options and a bit of money in the bank.

Shit fight to go out on but Maia is a gentleman and a beast.
Well said. I think that Lawler fight was the straw that broke the camels back. Mentally checked out after that.

He shouldn't retire, he is more than capable of winning the belt.

49-46 Albuquerque what?

Look, you can spin the fight from your rose colored glasses and no one can convince you otherwise, but you're retarded.

Daley and Gomi are two of the hardest punchers of all time. Both lost those fights, btw.

Condit landed more, landed harder, and easily outstruck Nick. Nick had no answer for lateral movement. Not everyone will fight Nick like Penn did-- back up to the cage and eat shots. Even then, Penn handled him in the first round.

If Condit did nothing to attempt to finish or win, Nick did even less.

"Daley and Gomi are two of the hardest punchers of all time".

....Just letting that sit......

Diaz threw his punches as hard as he always does(when he gets finishes).

Carlos did not.

If you can show me one punch that Carlos threw against Diaz as hard as he threw the hook at Hardy, I'll fly to Whocares, USA and suck your dick right now.

"Daley and Gomi are two of the hardest punchers of all time".

....Just letting that sit......

Diaz threw his punches as hard as he always does(when he gets finishes).

Carlos did not.

If you can show me one punch that Carlos threw against Diaz as hard as he threw the hook at Hardy, I'll fly to Whocares, USA and suck your dick right now.
If you can come up with a reason as to why Diaz won that fight, other than walking forward in a straight line like he was practicing for a sobriety test, then you can have the dick sucking.

I dont really care how the Diaz fight was hyped or what was expected. But most of us can agree, the true objective of fighting is to incapacitate or submit your opponent.

When you go into a fight with no intention whatsoever of even attempting to do that, and you win a title, it's hard to stay a an. And its reeeeeeeeally hard to say Natural Born Killer.

...except that this is a sport and the objective is to win. One of those ways is by decision. If it was just a "fight" there would be no ref or time limits/rounds, judges, etc. Of course it's more entertaining to see a finish but again, it's still a sport and sometimes with some fighters you just have to do what you gotta do to win.

With that said, Condit has one of the highest finish rates (93%) very evenly split between subs and kos. As a matter of fact, his finishing rate is higher than nick's (81%)....and that's over a 40 fight career...not just a flash in the pan career with a few fights.

People need to get their heads out of their asses and stop hating on a great fighter and finisher.

...except that this is a sport and the objective is to win. One of those ways is by decision. If it was just a "fight" there would be no ref or time limits/rounds, judges, etc. Of course it's more entertaining to see a finish but again, it's still a sport and sometimes with some fighters you just have to do what you gotta do to win.

With that said, Condit has one of the highest finish rates (93%) very evenly split between subs and kos. As a matter of fact, his finishing rate is higher than nick's (81%)....and that's over a 40 fight career...not just a flash in the pan career with a few fights.

People need to get their heads out of their asses and stop hating on a great fighter and finisher.

Maybe it was before you jumped in, but I said in my original post that it was hard to STAY a Condit fan after that fight. I was probably one of the biggest Condit fans on this site when he signed with the UFC, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

Gsp beat nick, bj lost like a warrior.

Nobody will remember, or at least praise, Condit's victory over nick. But hey, he'll have that W on his record as a "sportsman".

I bet Condit himself wouldn't even say that's the most important thing.

If you can come up with a reason as to why Diaz won that fight, other than walking forward in a straight line like he was practicing for a sobriety test, then you can have the dick sucking.

I don't necessairly think nick won.

But I think Condit is the one responsible for it being a fight with no real winner.

The NBK is a true veteran of MMA,
Been a pro since 2002
40 pro fights
93% finish rate
Fought in UFC, WEC, ROTR, Pancrase, KOTC among others.

He was a dynamic fighter before signing to the UFC
2006-01-20_Carlos_Condit_vs_Renato_Verissimo__28Rumble_on_the_Rock_8_29_1_medium.gif

and while making a run in the UFC.
ufc154-gsp-condit-rd3-CONDIT-halved2x-400-3rd-sg.gif

Condit's always been a real fighter and it'll be sad to see him retire. He's been hinting at retiring since the Lawler war and the Maia fight furthered this thought.

But, before he does call it a career, he should have one last fight, like we saw with Faber getting that retirement fight with Pickett.

So the question is, who would be the perfect final opponent for The Natural Born Killer? Who should play the Pickett to Condit's Faber? Tim Means? Matt Brown? Rick Story? Mike Pyle?
condit-alves-fight-night.jpg

Who'd you like to see?
93% finish rate... That's impressive for such a long career.

Matt Brown would be a great fight, major throw down

Maybe a rematch with Lawler. he beat Lawler imo

Back