Capoeira vs Street Fighter?

Don't feel to bad about getting suckered. I still get people coming in to the gym talking about that clip. they always feel bad when they find out it was from a movie.

lol i cant believe the ts thought it was real.lol.

its a scene from never back down.

lol i cant believe the ts thought it was real.lol.

its a scene from never back down.

Did you watch the movie before you saw the clip? I did, and to be honest if I hadn't I don't know if I would immediately rule it out as staged...

It was not blatantly obvious.

Did you watch the movie before you saw the clip? I did, and to be honest if I hadn't I don't know if I would immediately rule it out as staged...

It was not blatantly obvious.

I have to agree with you there. It was fairly well done for a viral video. I ran across it while surfing Youtube for some MT and K-1 fight video of Saenchai Sor Kingstar. I have never seen the movie, and only dropped down on the Youtube page far enough to get the link code, so I didn’t read any of the comments, and nothing was left by the person who posted it.

The only thing that sticks out as unusual is the size of the crowd, and the antics of the Capoeira fighter, but hell, I have seen some pretty weird stuff done by people in actual street fights over the years. The guy playing the Capoeira fighter actually does a decent job of a backwards head snap, while off balance to fake taking the punch, and with the low resolution, somewhat shakey footage, they did a fair job to pull it off. They got me though, I have to take ownership over that. :icon_lol:

:icon_chee

Last edited:
I may get flamed for this, but I kinda enjoyed the movie. It reminds me of the old kickboxing based movies from the eighties and early nineties.

Any good capoeira fighter knows that you don't do that kind of move in a real fight.

Back