Capoeira Video Takedown?

ShadowNINku

SANDBAGGER BELT
@purple
Reaction score
Capoeira Video with a takedown, there are a few in Capoeira, more like tangle up your opponent in rythym and take him out of his game.....some contacts is seen here too

I'm putting it here since many talk about cross training it with BJJ and It is Brazilian sooo....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8010669514988962871&q=capoeira

I would take someone down in the Roda but that wouldnt be helping my partner learn much , It's the same as doing leg locks as a white belt, you don't help yourself or opponent in the guard game

wow those were really uhhhh....... flashy?

seriously though u will never get that rythem in mma or a street fight. when your partner doesnt want to fight your cap. moves by using cap. ur cap. no longer means shit.

ill stick to boxing/thai boxing for stand up, bjj for ground, and wrestling for teh takedown, but you enjoy.

capoeira can work in a fight but not in a pure form by itself, watch some V.Silva he does some great handstand kicks mixed up with some punch combos

you can only use so much from capoeira. as minotauro said, i'd stick to boxing, muay thai, wrestling and BJJ. Oh, and Jeet Kune Do if you're a Bruce Lee nuthugger like me. :D

Minotauro said:
seriously though u will never get that rythem in mma or a street fight. when your partner doesnt want to fight your cap. moves by using cap. ur cap. no longer means shit.

So I gather you're under the impression that a) capoeira was designed for only fighting other capoeiristas and b) in order to be executed correctly, the skilled practitioner must have a Afro-Brazilian musician with a merimbau follow him around everywhere he goes in case he gets into a fight?

my friend threw a few punches and did a cartwheel thing and it hit me. it din't have much power but it was tricky.

It would be nice to learn just because you can really fly with that stuff. GSP and Loiseau would be able to land better on their victory flips.
Turns you into Spider-man.

Back