Can't help but feel awesome for Varner, Duffee, and Gonzaga

If Gonzaga keeps using his BJJ he will never get cut. Has decent stand up, ko power and some of the best BJJ in the division, I just hope he chooses to find a bit more intelligently than he has in the past, he shouldn't of lost to Schuab....ever. Has so much more talent then that guy.

Gonzaga seems like a good guy but it's just sad he wasted so much of his potential... Schaub SMH, maybe there's still time though. He gave us a great Randy moment so you have to thank him for that.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/60421505-post23.html

JonSnitchPhones said:
I've compared his (Varner's) career to Sonnen's and I'm sticking to that if he sticks with MMA.

I read in the discussion thread from last night that his record is deceptively good because he padded it off cans. The reality is it's deceptively bad because he got jobbed in decisions (Shalorus) and was leading quality opponents before succumbing to a mental lapse (Bendo, Franca, Roller). BTW, he still boasts some decent wins between Cerrone, Bongfeldt, McCullough, and Leggett.

Eventually his success throughout fights will lead to more quality and quantity on his win list. His pythagorean win/loss record, which they use to predict future outcomes in team sports based on scoring differential, has to much better than 18-6-1. A good example of pythagorean record proving valid was last year's Packers. They were 10-6 and the lowest seed in the NFC, but all 6 losses were by 4 or less points, so they still managed to have the best scoring differential in the NFC. Of course that team went on to not only win the NFC but also the Super Bowl. The turnaround for that team started when they won a close game on the final week of the regular season against the Bears. Similarly, I think Varner is poised to go on a tear after he gets a confidence builder from a close win or holds on for key victory.

Back