Can't help but feel awesome for Varner, Duffee, and Gonzaga

I've always liked Gonzaga. I think he's in the top 5 of all HWs in the world as far as skill sets go, but has always had difficulty putting it together mentally. For almost two years he forgot he has world class BJJ because he KOd Cro Cop. It's nice to see him putting together wins again.

He caught that Gurgel syndrome. I hear that shits hard to get over :icon_lol:

maybe he had no respect for defries's gnp because he did absolutely nothing to defend himself when he was working his way back up. it could have been by design, i'm not sure, but it's something to think about.

Well, at that point he had got his back up to the fence and made the commitment to use his free arm to post up, and PDF simply just capitalized on the opening. It's a fight, guys are going to get punched in the face...

I really disliked Varner for awhile. His comeback was nice to watch however. The guy put on exciting fights this year and you have to respect that.

Duffee also really fell off the map so quick. I think he still is a good prospect and can get into the top 10 in 2013 if he really pushes himself.

Gonzaga is where I always thought he was at. I think people feel like he feel apart for much because they overhyped him. He's a good fighter but not as much as people think. He was the first guy who derailed CC on his long path downhill which helped GG's career a lot.

I hope for 2013 to be a good comeback year for Leben. He's coming off two loses and a long suspension from drug abuse.

I'm pretty sure that gif is of Gabe choking out a really tall skinny-fat 220 HW. I knew that guy was screwed the second I saw him. He was skinnier than Jones, but with jiggly fat.

Those three are somewhere in the middle of the pack.

ok you proved you're a dick and nothign else - worthless thread, not sure what the point was

i at least tried to be respectful and happy new year to you - and everyone else here! great year for mma

Those three are somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Varner, having taken out BOTH Barboza and Guillard, and then battling Lauzon to the bitter end with a broken hand in an epic FOTY, is clearly higher than "middle of the pack."

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up in a few top 10 rankings soon, especially with Edgar and Guida gone, and Alvarez and Aoki not having top competition to fight...

ok you proved you're a dick and nothign else - worthless thread, not sure what the point was

i at least tried to be respectful and happy new year to you - and everyone else here! great year for mma

Well jesus christ dude, what do you think? That I have every thread that I've ever clicked on in my bookmarks?

You're basically asking me to do your searching for you. Who is the dick?

Go flame somewhere else please.

Well jesus christ dude, what do you think? That I have every thread that I've ever clicked on in my bookmarks?

You're basically asking me to do your searching for you. Who is the dick?

Go flame somewhere else please.

again - your thoughts and opinions are worthless..... and happy new year!!!!!! 3...2....

LOL, ok...

So, you were entirely interested until I wouldn't go ahead and do your bidding to search for old threads for you? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should use your NY resolution to try and be less emotional on an online forum...

Varner seems like he's in a much better place mentally. I know that gets said a lot about lots of different fighters, but he's seemed to handle both his wins and losses much better in the last year than he has in the past.

Here you go man: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/212-martial-arts/61251568

The thread got deleted, which happens enitrely too often on that board, and is just one of the many reasons why searching for threads over there is pointless. In fact, if the URL hadn't been posted on another board, then I imagine I never would've found the link.

Took me all of about two seconds (first hit on Google).

Here you go man: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/212-martial-arts/61251568

The thread got deleted, which happens enitrely too often on that board, and is just one of the many reasons why searching for threads over there is pointless. In fact, if the URL hadn't been posted on another board, than I imagine I never would've found the link.

Took me all of about two seconds (first hit on Google).

since you started a thread about it, i appreciate that you provided proper info - you didnt have to start a thread unless you wanted to be helpful - doesnt matter what hit it was on google, if you're trying to start a thread, hook people up

interesting stuff though

glad to see Duffee back, he is a machine at HW

Back