Can't finish warmup

as long as your giving everything you have im sure your instructor will see that and be fine with you taking a break if it is absolutely necessary set some conditioning goals for yourself, check out the conditioning form for help! good luck

Could also be your diet is too "strict"

Unless you are entering a beauty pagent, may want to cut back on a "weight loss" diet and just focus on "eating right"

i was in the same boat as you were when i first started, i was on a rigid diet and to be honest, i lost a great deal of weight but i was at a loss for energy because i was not eating a lot of carbs. I did not have the energy for intense rolls. as someone else mentioned, its not about not eating carbs, but the right carbs, no processed flour or sugar, but whole grain, brown rice, sweet potatoes etc

Thanks for all the helpful tips. I'm definitely going to include some good carbs in my diet. And i'm going to be going to BJJ atleast 3 times a week with the gym on the days I don't go.

All your post have helped incredibly, if not with new idea, then just with pure confidence.

Thanks to all of you who replied.

I'm really just going to echo whats been said.

Do the most you can each week and the fitness will increase and you will be able to do more.

Congratulations on quitting smoking

Quitting smoking was a must. I realized tonight, since i decided to run on the treadmill instead of do a non-inpact cardio workout, that before I even become too out of breath or tired, my feet just plain out cramp up and are in pain.

I figure this is because i'm overweight by about 50-60 lbs, and i'm hoping this will only get better as I lose weight.

BJJ day 3 tomorrow and i'm going to push as hard as I can.

this is my problem except i get tired after rolling for awhile. it sometimes feels embarassing getting tired so fast when everyone else seems in much better shape.

Trust me I know how you feel.

I'm just hoping the people where I train feel the same way as the people who have responded to this thread.

if not i'm in some real trouble!

haha.

i reckon half the problem is your diet, you get your energy from carbs, without em you will be lethargic and have no gas. Stick to unprocessed carbs from fruit and vegies and plenty of lean protein

Not to be reduntant, but the get off the no carbs bs diet. Carbs are energy! In fact, processed carbs 1/2 hour before workout and even during and after are good, so long as you are putting in work. Eating a Powerbar while drinking Gatorade will only hurt you if you do it while watching Oprah in your Lazy Boy.

Personally, I eat non-processed carbs (whole wheat breads, fruits, etc), during the day. Then, 1/2 hr before class (on my drive there) I eat 1/2 of a Cliff Bar and drink Gatorade. I bring a 50/50 mix of water and Gatorade with me to class that I drink during and directly after. This gives you all the "quick release" carbs you need for instant energy, plus you have "slow release" carbs in your body from eating the whole wheats and fruits (rice is good too, but I f'n hate rice). Drinking some Gatorade afterwards is good too as you need those carbs to replenish your body. Oh, and don't forget protein in every meal. No carb diets are only for inactive people who want a quick fix to there problems. Not for athletes or people serious about making a lifestyle change.

Good luck bro. I love it when people take initiative to get themselves in shape. Don't quit. If you feel like not training for whatever reason, just call yourself a pussy and tell yourself "Man, STFU and Train!".

i think after every session its gonna get easier and easier

so keep at it

You might feel better if you talk to your instructor about this issue. I can't imagine that he'd say anything but "just do as must as you can, of course it's cool if you need to take a break or sit out during parts of the workout."

Also, the no-carbs thing is a killer. You can't do an anaerobic workout while in ketosis.

My current diet is also a no-carb diet. I suppose that could be effecting my energy levels in the high intensity workouts?

of course this will effect you, have carbs before the workout, you still should have some after the workout, but not too much, just some brown bread with almond butter should do, maybe with a banana before the workout

I'm sorry I didn't read anything except the first post but this is what my coach mentioned:

Stop when you are 80% exhausted and rest a short time until you are ready to start going again. Everyone got a different condition level and everyone should just do what he can, so keep your gas tank for the drills and sparring.

Excellent advice.

I'm going to eat a cup of brown rice today about 45 mins prior to training for the carbs I may need.

I'm gonig to switch up my diet next week and incorporate carbs back into it.

If the no-carb diet is really for inactive people like some of you have said then I made a bad choice picking it. It has been working, since i'm losing around 5lbs a week. But if i have no energy it's no good.

Thanks and keep the advice coming =)

Do not stop going! Regular attendance in class is going to get you in shape. Just keep giving it all you've got, and you'll get there one day.

Exactly. Just have faith in your eventual improvement, and stick with it.

Excellent advice.

I'm going to eat a cup of brown rice today about 45 mins prior to training for the carbs I may need.

I'm gonig to switch up my diet next week and incorporate carbs back into it.

If the no-carb diet is really for inactive people like some of you have said then I made a bad choice picking it. It has been working, since i'm losing around 5lbs a week. But if i have no energy it's no good.

Thanks and keep the advice coming =)

At 5lbs/week that's...That's ~15,000 calories a week. You're losing more calories a day than some people take in. Unless you're in a rush, especially at the start, I wouldn't worry about losing weight through diet at all. Also, you want to lose fat...not necessarily weight. If you eat right and train right you're potentially going to build muscle and get heavier.

If you do insist on cutting calories, 500 a day is probably maximum. (And that still gives you 1lb/week not counting actual excersize)

Nobody (worthwhile) is going to disrespect you if you push yourself to the limits of your own abilities. Only if you are lazy will they look down on it.

i almost basically got thru the whole warmup today by pushing myself as hard as possible.

I also had a cup of brown rice before training and brought some 50/50 gatoraid with me. I think i'll incorporate some carbs back into my life and eat properly.

All your words of encouragement and advice has helped played a huge part is me going back tonight. And now that I went back, im not going to stop.

Thank you all.

Dude keep it up i started judo at 248 pounds and iam 5 '9 i have had bad asthma growing up but it has gotten better over the years and i used to get really bad chest infections .

But now after about a year and a half or more of judo/grappling i am down to 230 ( lost the fat and gained a crap load of muscle ) and i get no chest infections anymore and hardly get sick .

Just a matter of time man dont worry . I lost alot of weight cutting out beer on weekends and taken in 1800 to 2300 calories a day if you want it you will get there .

Mind you i always finish a warm up cuz i was always active no matter how big i was I played rugby beforei did judo .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back