Canelo vs Plant Nov.6th PBC Showtime PPV

It's just the recurring theme. When Canelo easily dispatches Plant we'll still have people saying he's beaten nobody, that's just how it is.
In his last 6 fights, he's had 2 gimmees. That's much better ratio than most guys.

This describes how I feel about Canelo rn:

PS: all boxers should turn free rn.

"2-time champion" means literally nothing when the opposition is Gavril. You say Dirrell is "good" when he went life-and-death with Yildirim, whereas Groves clearly beating Eubank, who destroyed Yildirim easily, makes him "medicore". There's no coherence to anything you're saying, you're just throwing stuff together.

You've been informed that Smith's WBSS win and taking the title from Groves put him at #1, with the Ring Magazine belt. If you can't accept that fact, it's not my responsibility to forcefeed you. You have to come to terms with that on your own.

Direct cross fighter comparisons are generally not taken too seriously because styles make fights, but you are actually going one step further, and comparing Dirrel's opponent to the opponent of another opponent. Someone who Groves defeated, beat up someone Dirrel fought, therefore that makes Groves better than Dirrel. And you are claiming my argument lacks coherence? lol.

Your argument is basically Callum Smith was viewed the best because he had X belts. That's it, and anyone who knows boxing knows that is laughably casual. In contrast I actually analyzed the actually performances of Callum smith and his opponents, which clearly demonstrate there is no genuine justification for him to be regarded as the best fighter in the division. If you can't separate that from the person who simply who holds the belt then I can't help you.

Ps. Can you answer my question. How could you rate Callum as No 1 after his performance vs Ryder?

Glad the nerdy Liam Gallagher-looking white guy is there to educate Porter on boxing.

I haven't seen the video, but shut up man... Elite boxers are rarely good boxing experts. Certainly not better than boxing fans.

Quite a step up for Plant, but not a bad fight.

Another step down for canelo. 3 in a row now. Funny how you don't wanna see canelo fight Charlo but you enjoy him fighting nobody's. Scared.

This is a great fight, dont understand any criticism for it. Also can't pick against Canelo at this point. I expect Plant to have some good moments, but won't be consistent enough due to being concerned of canelo's offense

Another step down for canelo. 3 in a row now. Funny how you don't wanna see canelo fight Charlo but you enjoy him fighting nobody's. Scared.
And what has Charlo done to offer more than Plant?

Both of those strike me as wishful thinking. It’ll probably be either GGG or a move up to 175 to take care of his unfinished business. Charlo is a step back - old division, old belt - and Benavidez has nothing to offer. No strap and not bringing any fans to the table who would probably be watching Canelo fight anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back