Canelo vs Kovalev will it be similar to Cotto vs Martinez?

If everyone picks Kovalev and then pretends they knew he'd lose all along when he does, then yes.

If everyone picks Kovalev and then pretends they knew he'd lose all along when he does, then yes.
Knowing Sherdog that's probably what happens other than a few of us Old guys picking Canelo.

Old cat and phatv , myself and you vs everyone else

Is there any reason to believe that this fight happens? Canelo was just throwing out names to avoid GGG - like when he got busted for PEDs for the same reason.

I'd favour Canelo to win and a few old timers would agree with me. So, yeah lots of reason to make it. Win another World title at another weight.

Is there any reason to believe that this fight happens? Canelo was just throwing out names to avoid GGG - like when he got busted for PEDs for the same reason.
Team Canelo supposedly offered step aside money to Yarde for this fight.

The question mark about Martinez wasn’t much about the matchup. It was about his fighting shape. Kovalev has both decline and matchup issues against Canelo. I’d say more people are convinced that Canelo wins this than those who were believing that Cotto would beat Sergio.

Last edited:
i imagine a prime kovalev hurts canelo, badly.

he seems to be well over his prime though, and canelo doesn't look like he's slowing down. if the ginger wants a belt at 175, kovalev is the best bet. the other belt holders trample him, but kovalev could fold under the body assault, and canelo moves his head really well so i could see him avoiding the really big shots from sergey.

so a few years ago it would've been a one-sided beating for the russian. now, it's an interesting fight.

i imagine a prime kovalev hurts canelo, badly.

he seems to be well over his prime though, and canelo doesn't look like he's slowing down. if the ginger wants a belt at 175, kovalev is the best bet. the other belt holders trample him, but kovalev could fold under the body assault, and canelo moves his head really well so i could see him avoiding the really big shots from sergey.

so a few years ago it would've been a one-sided beating for the russian. now, it's an interesting fight.

Bivol talks about moving down. I could see Canelo beating him at 168.
Gvosdyk is too big.
Beterbiev is just too physically strong for Canelo
Canelo would be a slight fav versus Kovalev

Do you ever post anything worth a fuck?

Bivol talks about moving down. I could see Canelo beating him at 168.
Gvosdyk is too big.
Beterbiev is just too physically strong for Canelo
Canelo would be a slight fav versus Kovalev
even moving down, i'd heavily favor bivol. maybe canelo could beat him if bivol was completely drained from the cut, but if he shows up in anything resembling his top shape, he puts a beating on canelo. gvozdyk and beterbiev run through him like a truck. none of these three guys would be hurt by canelo's best shots, and they can all hurt him. he isn't foolish enough to take on any of them.

we have weight classes for a reason, and the top of LHW is beyond canelo's reach. i don't see why anyone would want it anyway, there's plenty of fun fights to be had at 160.

Canelo beats any version of Kovalev

His bodywork and durability would make Sergey quit

Not really the same

Martinez was a small 160 and didnt cut a lot of weight, plus he would have lost to Cotto with or without the bad knee

Cotto’s skills were a step above all of Martinez’ previous opponents

Kovalev looks completely done. Canelo will stop him in 7 or 8 easily.

Team Canelo supposedly offered step aside money to Yarde for this fight.

A million, right? To be honest, in the 8th round it looked like he made the right decision and was going to finish Kovalev with body shots once he finally went downstairs. Then he stopped going to the body as he gassed. Good fight, but that was very odd. His corner.

A million, right? To be honest, in the 8th round it looked like he made the right decision and was going to finish Kovalev with body shots once he finally went downstairs. Then he stopped going to the body as he gassed. Good fight, but that was very odd. His corner.
if he would have went to the body one rounder earlier or had a fight inbetween.

Yarde threw and landed the same left upperct to the body about 5 times in a row in the 8th.
It started to look like a videogame where someone just starts spamming the same button in a last ditch effort and it happens to work and the other guy starts freaking out because he cant stop it.

Yarde threw and landed the same left upperct to the body about 5 times in a row in the 8th.
It started to look like a videogame where someone just starts spamming the same button in a last ditch effort and it happens to work and the other guy starts freaking out because he cant stop it.
basically he cheated off Stipe's homework.

Back