• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Canelo vs Bivol DAZN

Didnt RJJ go down and beat Trinidad?
yeah i suppose he did butt that was sorta a circus fight no?

trinidad at 175 was a little bit ridiculous

lalonde actually is a good example above of a guy fighting most of his career at 175 and trying 168 unsuccessfully but he wasn’t that talented

btw for eddie most likely more lucrative might be to get belt for Buatsi and gave him fight vs Canelo.
$$$$$$.

yeah i suppose he did butt that was sorta a circus fight no?

trinidad at 175 was a little bit ridiculous

lalonde actually is a good example above of a guy fighting most of his career at 175 and trying 168 unsuccessfully but he wasn’t that talented
They were well past it regardless I was just going over fights of guys going down in weight.

They were well past it regardless I was just going over fights of guys going down in weight.
So Dawson Ward
Jones-Trinidad
Lalonde-Leonard
mmmmmm

guys who had a long career at a weight than dropped……

oh you know what two examples come to mind

Carlos Ortiz! probably the gold standard. 140 to 135. undisputed champ at both weights

and then didn’t glen johnson go to 168 late in his career with some success. beat green and tough fight with froch

I feel like if it was Beterbiev going down it would be a problem for him but I'm not as concerned about Bivol. He's not that big at LHW and often comes in below the limit. He was 173 and a half against Joe Smith. I don't think it will effect him too much.

So Dawson Ward
Jones-Trinidad
Lalonde-Leonard
mmmmmm

Carlos Ortiz! probably the gold standard. 140 to 135. undisputed champ at both weights

and then didn’t glen johnson go to 168 late in his career with some success. beat green and tough fight with froch

Margarito bounced around between WW and JMW a bit, too.

Nonito recently drained himself back down to give Inoue his first real test, it was a losing effort but he looked better than 90% of Inoues other victims.

Seano is a White American boxing fan that has a bias against White European/Eastern European fighters in favor of Black American and Hispanic fighters. It’s really weird

Even if you find examples of fighters going down in weight and winning, it does not prove their performance level did not diminish. Its pretty well accepted that going down divisions is a negative for fighters which is why its as rare as hens teeth. The fact Canelo is asking Bivol to do this, despite previously fighting at 175, proves my point.

So Dawson Ward
Jones-Trinidad
Lalonde-Leonard
mmmmmm

Donaire has to be mentioned here, if only because his return to Bantamweight was so recently. Flash Elorde also moved down to 130 after a run at 135 and had a dominant reign.

Hasegawa came back down from FW to fight at SBW and won a vacant title (then promptly retired). Of course Tank never seems to have decided where he's really going to be at weightwise too.

Even if you find examples of fighters going down in weight and winning, it does not prove their performance level did not diminish. Its pretty well accepted that going down divisions is a negative for fighters which is why its as rare as hens teeth. The fact Canelo is asking Bivol to do this, despite previously fighting at 175, proves my point.
BIVOL ASKED FOR IT. Since youre intentionally being stupid Ill help you out and quote it for you.
Dmitry disagrees with your narrative.

Worth noting that it isn't just Canelo that Bivol has talked about facing at 168. IIRC he offered ot fight Callum Smith at 168 too. He's a big dude but maybe he's just one of those guys that handles weight cuts well.

Seano is a White American boxing fan that has a bias against White European/Eastern European fighters in favor of Black American and Hispanic fighters. It’s really weird
Why’s that? Is it strange to have a bias in favor of your countrymen?

BIVOL ASKED FOR IT. Since youre intentionally being stupid Ill help you out and quote it for you.

Now go ahead and explain how him asking for it, invalidates my argument at all. I will give you some help. It doesn't.

Worth noting that it isn't just Canelo that Bivol has talked about facing at 168. IIRC he offered ot fight Callum Smith at 168 too. He's a big dude but maybe he's just one of those guys that handles weight cuts well.

He's offered it before. Not that it excuses pulling a guy down from weight, but it was a common refrain when Bivol struggled a tad in his last fight that he should be down at SMW instead of LHW. Again, if Canelo wants full credit, it needs to be LHW, but SMW Bivol is still something (as in like a top 5 win in the last 2 years across boxing).

Bivol at 168 would be GGG’s best win by an absolute country mile but because it’s Canelo it’s shite.

Back