Canelo GGG 2 is on

Who wins?

• Total voters
Glad to hear the fight is on. As good a split as GGG is ever going to get. Now let's do this!

Boxingscene says Golovkin turned it down.

https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-declines-golden-boys-final-offer-canelo-rematch--129077

Gennady Golovkin has turned down what Oscar De La Hoya has said was his final financial offer for a rematch with Canelo Alvarez.

Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promoter, told Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez of Golovkin’s decision before the deadline of noon PT Wednesday that Gomez and De La Hoya gave Loeffler on Tuesday.

Golovkin declined a 57.5-42.5 revenue split that would’ve favored Alvarez, more than the 65-35 split Golovkin initially accepted for a lucrative middleweight championship rematch that was supposed to take place May 5.

Fake news. No chance he turns that split down. And it's fair, too. Let's do this!!!

The Clen may be one thing, but no one should say shit about Canelo’s resume or wanting to fight the best ever again. They kicked Golovkin more money than anyone would say was necessary to get the fight done.

Good shit.

Nice, Golovkin is getting more what he deserves. Go Golovkin!

Glad that this has got made. Thought the vultures might be circling at the news this wasn't going to happen. Glad to see that we get the fight we want.

Hory shit.

Though, if I were Golovkin, I'd be really concerned about fighting in Nevada again.

Watch them put Adalaide Byrd back on the judge's panel, lol.

The Clen may be one thing, but no one should say shit about Canelo’s resume or wanting to fight the best ever again. They kicked Golovkin more money than anyone would say was necessary to get the fight done.

Good shit.
he delayed the first GGG fight by nearly 2 years because he wasn't "ready" to fight at 160 despite being the champion there.

he delayed the first GGG fight by nearly 2 years because he wasn't "ready" to fight at 160 despite being the champion there.
Im sure Golovkin is crying in his millions of dollars about the buildup raking them in more piles of cash.

Im sure Golovkin is crying in his millions of dollars about the buildup raking them in more piles of cash.
Perhaps, but perhaps a win over Canelo in early 2016 would've been enough to get Andre Ward to agree to a bout with GGG with the marketability of that fight instead of Ward facing Kovalev or even after. You never know.

Perhaps, but perhaps a win over Canelo in early 2016 would've been enough to get Andre Ward to agree to a bout with GGG with the marketability of that fight instead of Ward facing Kovalev or even after. You never know.

Golovkin was never going to fight Andre Ward. Ward wasn't marketable enough to make up for the fact that Golovkin would have little chance.

That was literally never going to happen though.

Anyway, glad its all working out. Golovkin is a good dude so happy to see him get two massive pay days, and even more on this one than everyone expected. All the drama is just going to sell more.

Golovkin was never going to fight Andre Ward. Ward wasn't marketable enough to make up for the fact that Golovkin would have little chance.
yeah my bad, why even have a fight anyways? surely not to see if the outcome is different than opinion. I mean Spinks moving up to beat Holmes must've surely went against the 6/1 odds that had favored Holmes.

yeah my bad, why even have a fight anyways? surely not to see if the outcome is different than opinion. I mean Spinks moving up to beat Holmes must've surely went against the 6/1 odds that had favored Holmes.
Pretty good response lol.

I think most would favor ward tho. Too skilled inside.

But yeah a fight between the two would have been fun

Ward was already a LHW by the time fighting him would have made sense in your timeline (after Golovkin would have beaten Canelo in late 2015 or early 2016). Golovkin is an average sized MW. He was never going to move up to LHW and fight Ward (this is pre-Kovalev 1 and 2 Ward) when Ward didn't bring much to the table in terms of money and was a terrible matchup for him. This scenario would have never happened.

Back