Canelo actually did better than I thought he would

spiderRico

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
he lost pretty wide, though I had it closer than a lot of people here, still I had it wide and clear as day for floyd.

but at least earlier in the fight, floyd had to resort to using his jab more often than he usually does, and his combos. Canelo at points brought out the best in floyd.

The judges scorecards reflected the true score of the fight. Don't care what everyone on here says. 116-12 is fine. 117-111 is fine.

I can't take anyone seriously who scored it 120-108.

Agreed this fight was a lot more competitive than 90% of he people are saying. Floyd ate some really good shots. Extremely high level fight. People calling this fight boring are idiots. 117-111 s how I saw it with some of Floyd's winning rounds being pretty close. Canelo faded hard at the end of the fight.

It panned out the way I thought it would. Mayweather pretty much outboxed him from beginning to end.

Floyd won every round

Floyd did not win every round and most rounds were pretty close scoring wise. Floyd was clearly the better fighter though.

I thought Canelo actually did pretty good. He played Floyds game most of the fight and often he was just short of being on par.

I wish he could have trapped Floyd more on the ropes though. I think that is were he would be able to win that fight. However, thats easier said than done.

Canelo didnt unload when he chance against Floyd he could not push the pace against Floyd .

Maybe Canelo didn't have the Cardio

Canelo got a great payday and he should be thankful for that

I didn't know anything about Canelo before this fight. I even thought he was like.. Irish or something non-hispanic (forgive my ignorance).

Anyways, judging from the Prime Time thingy on Canelo and the posts on Sherdog, I thought Canelo would give 'Money' a lot more trouble than that...

It was a good fight and I really did enjoy it, but it wasn't very "exciting" until the later rounds.

I thought he was poor, expected more from him

I think khan would even put up a better fight than canelo

i didn't know him, but that was a very poor performance by the challenger imo
outclassed in every aspect

Floyd won the MAJORITY no doubt, but not EVERY round.

In my opinion, at least

I don't get that 114-114 shit at all

The judges scorecards reflected the true score of the fight. Don't care what everyone on here says. 116-12 is fine. 117-111 is fine.

I can't take anyone seriously who scored it 120-108.

I can because that's how I scored it. I might have been influenced by Col Sheridan who was doing the international broadcast though.

The fight went pretty much as expected. I thought Canelo might have had just a little more success than that, but I think Mayweather took this fight more seriously than he has taken some others. He was incredibly focused for 100 percent of the fight.

There's no shame in being ineffective against Mayweather.

Canelo did extremely well. He was very competitive throughout the first half of the fight. I do think that gap widened as frustration and fatigue set in. Mayweather began to land the more impressive combinations and stole the show.

Most would likely say Cotto which is fine but Ortiz actually gave Floyd more of a fight up until he went braindead then any of his last few opponents.

But Canelo's slow flat-footed patient way of boxing just isn't good enough to beat Floyd doesn't have the speed,reflexes or stamina to pull it off once the early adrenaline wore off it was a forgone conclusion.

i thought canelo did everything he could and i remain a big fan of his,but being at your very best no matter who you are aint enough to beat floyd

this should not be a poor reflection on canelo at all

I scored two rounds in favor of Canelo and a couple others were pretty close as well but Floyd convincingly showed he was the better boxer. A few things from the fight that were clear...

-I liked Canelo's patience in the fight early on. He didn't bite when Floyd baited him with his head. He waited until Floyd put his hands back up, which was probably a better move.

-Floyd was extremely hard to find. It seemed like Canelo wanted to push him against the ropes and do damage there but he could simply not find Mayweather.

-Canelo has speed, but Mayweather still made him look slo mo. No shame in that though.

It was a good fight, and Canelo is a hell of a fighter, but Mayweather is a terrible match-up for his style. I think Danny Garcia would be interesting though. He impressed me a lot last night.

he had no answer for that jab it was just too quick

he had no answer for that jab it was just too quick

It's not just the speed, it's the way Floyd throws it. I mean, he totally threw off Canelo's rhytm with that jab. He has this way of throwing it out of pattern and constantly keeping the opponent guessing and freezing up. It's amazing how well he does that with all his moves really. So hard to predict.

He is quite amazing that Floyd.

Back