Social Canadian Oil Executive Forced to Turn Shirt Inside Out on Family Tour

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...sing-love-for-canadian-oil-might-be-offensive

"At the time he was wearing a shirt that says “I love Canadian oil and gas” on the front (using symbols for words), and “The world needs more Canadian energy” on the back. The shirt is produced by a group called Canada Action.

“The guard looked at me and he said, ‘Sir, I’m gonna have to ask you to remove your shirt because some people may be offended by the message,’” Lacey said. He said the guard gave him two options: turn the shirt inside out, or leave."

william-lacey-1.png

Ugh, you posted a picture of that shirt!! ?? I'm offended. Mods can you make the TS edit his post or remove that picture? And please card him.

This shit is offensive

He was not forced to remove his shirt. You made that up. He specifically says he had two options, either turn it inside out or leave.

Also, the guard made a mistake, apologies were made and things are being corrected. All-in-all well handled by all sides.

was not forced to remove his shirt. You made that up. He specifically says he had two options, either turn it inside out or leave.

Please explain how you can turn your shirt inside out without first removing it?

He was not forced to remove his shirt. You made that up. He specifically says he had two options, either turn it inside out or leave.

Also, the guard made a mistake, apologies were made and things are being corrected. All-in-all well handled by all sides.
“Apologies” are made because the people are pushing their shit in with criticism.

Please explain how you can turn your shirt inside out without first removing it?

It's doable. Arms out then reverse through neck hole. My daughter and several others girls did this at an athletic event where she was put on the "inside-out" jersey team because the colors between the teams were too similar.

To the security guards mental process, you just know that some special snowflake would have made a giant scene about the shirt. Is there any doubt?

It's doable. Arms out then reverse through neck hole. My daughter and several others girls did this at an athletic event where she was put on the "inside-out" jersey team because the colors between the teams were too similar.

Still don't see how that doesn't cause a flash of everyone around you? Kudos for having an answer tho.

Gonna guess this middle aged man doesn't know a middle school girl trick like that.

Still don't see how that doesn't cause a flash of everyone around you? Kudos for having an answer tho.

Gonna guess this middle aged man doesn't know a middle school girl trick like that.

Arms out. Hold front of shirt down while friend tucks back through neck. Spin shirt and repeat.

Also, sports bras make it unnecessary but middle school girls are weird.

Also, I still don't understand how girls change shirts without taking one off.

No context for where the tour was?

At the Senate in Ottawa. It was only one guard, and the man toured other government buildings and wasn't hassled for his shirt.

There are rules against wearing clothing with visible political messages, which I suppose you could argue his shirt does portray. But at the same time, I doubt someone wearing a "I love clean energy" shirt would have been hassled.

I’m Canadian and the Canadian oil and gas industry is dying.

We have legions of unemployed in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

I wish something would change. I’m in mortgages but I also do homes in those regions and people are suffering.

I wish we did something else in Canada other than pull resources out of the ground

As much as I am anti oil (and Canadian), I do not understand how anyone could possibly be offended by the shirt. There is nothing remotely controversial about it.

Weird call by security guard.

Also, not sure why this is newsworthy?

A reasonable outcom edoes not fit the anti PC outrage narrative.

As much as I am anti oil (and Canadian), I do not understand how anyone could possibly be offended by the shirt. There is nothing remotely controversial about it.

Weird call by security guard.

Also, not sure why this is newsworthy?

What if there were American oil companies there.

What if there were environmentalists there who don’t like oil and gas.

I would say they don’t want to piss of rich foreign guests.

Never seen it on a shirt, but here in Alberta half the cars on the road have that bumper sticker.

The divide between eastern and western Canada is starting to get ridiculous. The people over there really don't understand us at all.

I did see a lady in a jacket that said 'fuck Trudeau' on the back though lmao.

At the Senate in Ottawa. It was only one guard, and the man toured other government buildings and wasn't hassled for his shirt.

There are rules against wearing clothing with visible political messages, which I suppose you could argue his shirt does portray. But at the same time, I doubt someone wearing a "I love clean energy" shirt would have been hassled.
Yeah man no idea why a specific lobbying message for a single type of company/industry would be construed as political. Weird.
If us geniuses can't figure it out we must be right.

Never seen it on a shirt, but here in Alberta half the cars on the road have that bumper sticker.

The divide between eastern and western Canada is starting to get ridiculous. The people over there really don't understand us at all.

I did see a lady in a jacket that said 'fuck Trudeau' on the back though lmao.
Yeah man bumper stickers are never political signage. That's the last place I'd look for outlandish political tirades :rolleyes:

Back