Canadian government considering full ban on handguns and assault weapons.

I'm sure it will work as well as the Federal Assault Weapons Ban did in America. Meaning it will curtail the rights of private citizens as laws only affect law-abiding people and have no impact on shootings or crime.

Definitely some of truth to this. If you want a law to work, it has to significantly alter new weapons manufacture and production. Otherwise you are simply changing the legal status of an ever growing number of weapons.

I still think the problem is from the US, no doubt, but the numbers arent trending well. More and more are from canada. Easy money for these guys.
But it's not easy money, well, at least I don't think so. This is my reasoning:

-Everything costs less in the US, including sidearms.
-Sure, you can report your gun as stolen, then sell it, but most criminals aren't well known for their honour so it's likely the original buyer would get sold down the river once a bust is made.
-The above two points lead me to believe it would be more economical to buy guns from south of the border.
-Every gun owner I know is responsible and cognizant of their responsibilities as owners.

Having said that, hanging around dirtbags hasn't been part of my lifestyle in decades so the mechanics of acquiring illegal firearms is unknown to me.

All in all I'm a proponent of dangerous freedoms and know enough that criminals will criminal (dumb, but apt phrase) no matter what we do. It would be nice if we had Canadian LEOs to chime in on this topic.

Bringing poor people into a country, that have no skills, causes them to continue living in poverty. Those people living in poverty in their own country is no less of a humanitarian problem. It's just being transferred to Canada. It sucks that such a large amount of the world's population lives in poverty. Canada can shut the door on people, but doesn't fix the overall issue. If you are someone that doesn't care about your fellow many then of course shutting the door is the easiest fix.

I care about my fellow man. I also care about my fellow countrymen and country/society. Shutting the door (not completely) will fix Canada's social issues. Canada at the moment shouldn't be promoting multiculturalism, progressive liberalism and disarmament. Canada has a culture and that shouldn't be replaced with multiculturalism.

A solution will never be found if certain countries are overwhelmed. What everyone really needs is good infrastructure, food, water and less Islam.

I care about my fellow man. I also care about my fellow countrymen and country/society. Shutting the door (not completely) will fix Canada's social issues. Canada at the moment shouldn't be promoting multiculturalism, progressive liberalism and disarmament. Canada has a culture and that shouldn't be replaced with multiculturalism.

A solution will never be found if certain countries are overwhelmed. What everyone really needs is good infrastructure, food, water and less Islam.

I'm not really advocating for an open bored policy, just wanting to find ground that we can agree on. Poverty is a major problem world wide. The worse countries for violence tend to be very poor.

Islamic countries are not the only ones with high rate of violence. We can look at South America for proof of that. I believe when people come to western countries they need to be will to adopt our culture. People unwilling to do so shouldnt be allowed to come to our countries.

The US is responsible for a lot of the problems with the M.E. IMO. I would expect refugees from war torn countries to be upset at the foreign countries responsible for some of their situation.

I'm a supporter of the 2nd amendment here in the US. So I'm not in favor of them banning guns in Canada, unless that is what the citizens want. If the government try to with out it being the will of the people I would support the people of Canada not the government.

I hope the media wouldn't be referring to the "assault weapons" in Canada as AR-15s, because we all know you cheapskates up north are big fans of Chinese knockoffs from Norinco!

I'm not really advocating for an open bored policy, just wanting to find ground that we can agree on. Poverty is a major problem world wide. The worse countries for violence tend to be very poor.

Islamic countries are not the only ones with high rate of violence. We can look at South America for proof of that. I believe when people come to western countries they need to be will to adopt our culture. People unwilling to do so shouldnt be allowed to come to our countries.

The US is responsible for a lot of the problems with the M.E. IMO. I would expect refugees from war torn countries to be upset at the foreign countries responsible for some of their situation.

I'm a supporter of the 2nd amendment here in the US. So I'm not in favor of them banning guns in Canada, unless that is what the citizens want. If the government try to with out it being the will of the people I would support the people of Canada not the government.

It's sad because you don't have to be violent when you're poor. You can still keep your area clean and tidy and you don't have to be so materialistic. You can still be a good person.

Islam is special because of its tendency to jihad. Sharia is never a good thing and you do not want it for your country.

I believe in order for people to fully integrate they need to be around the people of that country instead of in an ethnic enclave. Letting in just the right amount is key when bringing in people from countries with a totally different culture.

No ethnic enclaves and no special treatment. They adopt our culture, customs and language and everything is all good. This is how it should have been done.

I think it's a bit foolish to bring thousands of people that hate you into your country. Just help them out in their own country. How much money has been spent already on refugees? All that money could have been spent on protecting areas with refugees until the war is over in that country. The US has complete control of Northern Syria and are practically untouchable. With the help of the international community they could have created an area large enough in Syria to protect and temporarily house all those refugees. No refugee crisis would have happened and no North Africans would be flooding Europe right now.

The problem in Canada is that the progressive libs are carving it up. All they need is close to 50% to say the majority of Canada wants progressive liberalism, multiculturalism and disarmament. You see a lot of anti gun propaganda news segments and articles by our mostly liberal controlled media. The progressive machine is something else.

Last edited:
I hope the media wouldn't be referring to the "assault weapons" in Canada as AR-15s, because we all know you cheapskates up north are big fans of Chinese knockoffs from Norinco!
Buddy, have you seen how inflated gun prices have gotten? Even fucking Rugers are going for an arm and a testicle.

Back