Can you do more pull-ups than Lindsey Vonn?

Yeah I can do more but she is strong for a girl obviously. Pull ups are tougher than chin ups.

Bout 8 strict.. I'm 248lbs tho so I consider it an achievement.

Some of you guys put up the numbers. BEAST.

Thick. Solid. Tight.

I love the pullup form police as if it's a deeply competitive lift.

Yup.

And I'm out of training and fat as hell.

Well, here's a vid of an apparently 60yr old woman, doing pull-ups full ROM with relative ease so...yeah, I'm not that impressed by an Olympian cranking out 6 reps.

Edit: if what Lindsey is doing constitutes pull-ups, I can do about 20.

Last edited:
Yes I can but 6 is good for a girl. My wife can just do 2.

Honestly 6 isn't a big amount for an athlete even for female standards.
Actually 6 full pull-ups is impressive for female pro athlete; especially when that female specializes in a sport that draws almost entirely from leg/core strength.

Lindsey probably squats around 350 lbs at her bodyweight of ~160 if we refer to other elite female skiiers as an indication of where she is at.

Actually 6 full pull-ups is impressive for female pro athlete; especially when that female specializes in a sport that draws almost entirely from leg/core strength.

Lindsey probably squats around 350 lbs at her bodyweight of ~160 if we refer to other elite female skiiers as an indication of where she is at.
Source? Not saying it's not true, but a hard time picturing a >2x bw squat from a handful of Valley chicks who compete in sport that nobody competes in.

I can do 12 on my first set. then 6. Then from there it's like ... half.

I used to be able to do 30 in high school. You know, before puberty and shit.

I came across this video and was impressed by her upper-body strength. Looks like she repped out at least 6 pull-ups, which is really great for a female being that the average female cannot complete a pull-up.

It's really sad that this is considered a world class female athlete. I can easily do ten times that

fellas, stop bragging about those 20 pullups unless youre at least 200 lbs. If youre under that, hang weights to compensate and try it as a full sized man.

fellas, stop bragging about those 20 pullups unless youre at least 200 lbs. If youre under that, hang weights to compensate and try it as a full sized man.

Usually I'll start off to warm up no weight. I weigh 180. 10. Then go to 45 lbs for 10. Then 90 lbs for 10. Then 135 lbs for 8. Then finish of with a burn out hit around 30. Used to hitting 170 lbs on me when I was younger no joke. I'm too told for that shit. Right now could easily hit 60 pullups. Partially because of being a life long waterskier, used to be a gynmast and boxing nerd.

Usually I'll start off to warm up no weight. I weigh 180. 10. Then go to 45 lbs for 10. Then 90 lbs for 10. Then 135 lbs for 8. Then finish of with a burn out hit around 30. Used to hitting 170 lbs on me when I was younger no joke. I'm too told for that shit. Right now could easily hit 60 pullups. Partially because of being a life long waterskier, used to be a gynmast and boxing nerd.
you pulled with 170 lbs of weights on you?

I was doing 30 straight when I was in the Marines. Since then I usually can do between 16-20. I have been lazy the last 6 months, so my guess is around 10 right now.

Yeh that's okay, good but its not super impressive.

There are much stronger women out there.

Back