Can we talk about overrated bands?

It's one thing to have an opinion, it's quite another to be a bigot when giving it.

SlyStone60 calls ME the prick when literally all he does on here is shit on everything that's been released within the last 32 years and says the younger generations ruined everything.

Old man yells at cloud.

I'm just giving the piece of shit a taste of his own garbage that he spews.

For the record, I listen to damn near everything, no matter when it was released.

SlyStone60 obviously hates everyone younger, because his heyday is over and he can't stand that new generations have taken over. Like I said in the above post, it's been a problem for humanity since the start.

But whatever. Keep being an idiot Sly.

Tool are hideous. Foo Fighters. Lots more ai could be here all day.

First few posts in the thread are spot on.

That shit will never be overrated.
Written simple, musically speaking ? Yeah possible, but Japanese polish to the max the most simple things in the world and it is plain awesome and everybody love them for that

Lyrics all over the place ? Yeah possible, still brings the feelings in and better than the "I am the best I got money" rap stuff - otherwise I think it's a song written when he was with his proto vegan/hipster girlfriend, listening to all her bullshit and thinking back to when he was a kid sometimes sleeping outside, under a bridge cause well, he was something in the way in his fucked up family

Globally the guy wrote this song, played and sang it masterfully, when you have boys band on one side and modern rap on the other you have to be a dull deaf retard to call Nirvana the most overrated

Oh, and to answer the OP's question.

Guns N Roses.

They have like 5 good songs. And one of those is a Paul McCartney song.
There are a lot of people in this thread who are dead to me now, but you, in particular, are at the top of that list.

Beatles
Eagles
Grateful Dead
AC/DC
Kiss
the grateful dead is absolutely underrated in maybe the most grossly negligent way there is in the music world. most people cant even comprehend what they were actually doing and dont have the depth to ever get it.

Last edited:
I told one of my friends that I only liked the album "Undertow".
He said why (he's a huge Tool fan), and I said all the other albums sound exactly the same.
Oh boy, he went on a 20 minute rant about how and why they were so good.
As soon as he finished I doubled down and said "Dude they fuckin suck, get over it"... He was sooo pissed lol.

You're right though sir, they are vastly overrated.

It may have been a less unique and more commercially viable sound but A Perfect Circle's first album was better than any Tool album, imo.
Tool is a technically apt, but somewhat boring band. I liked and own their first few albums, but they got to a place where I felt the newer albums offered nothing new or different and they got to a place where they fell into their own tropes. I've lost track with several bands that way over the years (though I love AC/DC and The Ramones despite their repetition in sound, but hey they have great energy and know how to put together a good song). I'm not a pothead or into psychedelics either, which seem to be two things some of the most loyal Tool-heads have in common as I guess the music grooves with their high or trip. I have nothing against anyone that likes them, nor the band itself though.

It may have been a less unique and more commercially viable sound but A Perfect Circle's first album was better than any Tool album, imo.
Tool is a technically apt, but somewhat boring band. I liked and own their first few albums, but they got to a place where I felt the newer albums offered nothing new or different and they got to a place where they fell into their own tropes. I've lost track with several bands that way over the years (though I love AC/DC and The Ramones despite their repetition in sound, but hey they have great energy and know how to put together a good song). I'm not a pothead or into psychedelics either, which seem to be two things some of the most loyal Tool-heads have in common as I guess the music grooves with their high or trip. I have nothing against anyone that likes them, nor the band itself though.

Perfect Circle sounds exactly the same as the rest of their shit.
Undertow is by far their best album as it shows the most promise, only to fail to match that potential forevermore.

I smoke bud, and have done psychedelics a million times and still think they suck tbh. AC/DC and The Ramones are iconic and Toll doesn't even belong in the same sentence as them sir.

There are a lot of people in this thread who are dead to me now, but you, in particular, are at the top of that list.
Cool. Glad I never got to know you! Lulz.

best thing Nirvana gave us was more people liking The Melvins.

Nirvana are boring and over rated, and their fans are annoying.

I never liked Faith no More so today i decided to give them another shot and my God do they suck! How where these guys so popular. lol They suck worse than Anthrax @axhand1e
lmao

I never liked Faith no More so today i decided to give them another shot and my God do they suck! How where these guys so popular. lol They suck worse than Anthrax @axhand1e
lmao

to each their own mang… i like faith no more, but not nearly as much as Mr Bungle

im more of a Mike Patton fan, thana fan of his bands tbh… if the guy could even one other musician on his level and/or wavelength, we would have the supergroup of all supergroups on our hands the guy has been gifted with an increfible 2nd-to-NONE vocal capability, and a genius mind along with it…

we will sadly probably never see him find a compatriot on his level (let alone several) he is already getting pretty old…

to each their own mang… i like faith no more, but not nearly as much as Mr Bungle

im more of a Mike Patton fan, thana fan of his bands tbh… if the guy could even one other musician on his level and/or wavelength, we would have the supergroup of all supergroups on our hands the guy has been gifted with an increfible 2nd-to-NONE vocal capability, and a genius mind along with it…

we will sadly probably never see him find a compatriot on his level (let alone several) he is already getting pretty old…
OMG members of Faith no More and Anthrax in the same band :confused: talk about Supersuck. lmao

His vocals aren't even good and the music is worse.
o_O

lolz… shaddup, who you got up there besides Rush, April Wine, Loverboy and Celine Dione whatchu talkin bout mang

the grateful dead is absolutely underrated in maybe the most grossly negligent way there is in the music world. most people cant even comprehend what they were actually doing and dont have the depth to ever get it.

i get their music… Jerry and Bob were about as legit as they come, and their music is defintely complex

Id be curious to see what they woulda done with today’s tech

but i never really enjoyed their music that much, because it just isnt my style

I can say i have a huge appreciation for them musically… most people dont give them that much of a chance imo because they arent really into that style of music… which is a style all their own, a mixture of their influences, like many bands

Back