can we stop saying that Max Holloway "chickened" out the fight with Aldo

Please stop with this blatant lying nonsense.

BEFORE the fight against Pettis:

Right after the fight, on his interview with rogan:

Then Aldo confirms the fight was set for UFC 208 in Brooklyn, so it confirms what Holloway knew.

Then the backpedalling started:

Then he complains about being too soon:

Now, note he never said anything about ANY injury!

If that was the case (and worse, an OLD injury that predates Pettis fight), he would have said something about it way before talking about his kid, two consecutive training camps or any other weak excuses he spewed while claiming Aldo was running from him.

So please use your brain (if you have any)!!

Aldo merely accepted a fight Holloway himself knew it would happen, when and where.
If Aldo would ahve refused, he would have gone postal with accusations.

So forgive me if I don;t give him any benefit of the doubt. There isn't any!
Holloway ducked Aldo. Proved by his own words!!

Plain and simple.
If holloway ducked Aldo by not agreeeing to fight on short notice, then Aldo ducked Conor when he refused to fight on short notice.

It's perfectly reasonable to have the fight in March/April, the fact Aldo doesn't want to do that is ducking. plain and simple

If holloway ducked Aldo by not agreeeing to fight on short notice, then Aldo ducked Conor when he refused to fight on short notice.

It's perfectly reasonable to have the fight in March/April, the fact Aldo doesn't want to do that is ducking. plain and simple

Look, I did ask you to use your brain, so forgive me for being blunt!

Holloway knew the date, time and place of this fight before his fight against Pettis and agreed to it. Look at the quotes I put and when they were made!!

Aldo was on vacation and was called to fight at a different WC, not for the belt, and it would hinder his chance to get his belt back.

So if you can;t see the difference between the two, please go search for your brain! You obviously lost it!

Max just beat the former LW champion. Let that sink in.
You know.. LW, the most stacked dev in he UFC..

Holloway knew the date, time and place of this fight before his fight against Pettis and agreed to it. Look at the quotes I put and when they were made!!

Aldo was on vacation and was called to fight at a different WC, not for the belt, and it would hinder his chance to get his belt back.

So if you can;t see the difference between the two, please go search for your brain! You obviously lost it!
before his fight with Pettis. You don't think getting injured in a fight is extenuating circumstances?

you don't think that would hinder his chance to get the belt?

if you don't think that matters, clearly you lost it.

I guess you've never gotten a date wrong in your life. Max made a mistake and even at the post fight presser was like "I didn't realize it was that close I may not be able to do 208 on that short of notice"

Any way it doesn't matter. Max has the interim title so if Aldo fights against at 145 it's going to be against him next.

I guess you've never gotten a date wrong in your life. Max made a mistake and even at the post fight presser was like "I didn't realize it was that close I may not be able to do 208 on that short of notice"

Any way it doesn't matter. Max has the interim title so if Aldo fights against at 145 it's going to be against him next.
again, lack of thought on your part.

He knew the venue
He knew the place!!!
He knew the date!!!
He said so in his own interviews before and after the fight!!

Stop making ridiculous excuses that shows you are just reaching and trying desperately making excuses!!

before his fight with Pettis. You don't think getting injured in a fight is extenuating circumstances?

you don't think that would hinder his chance to get the belt?

if you don't think that matters, clearly you lost it.
I do think it matters.
But I think it is just another excuse.
If injury was the reason, it would have been THE ONLY reason he would have given
Not about two camps of his son's birthday!
The very fact he said about BOTH before he gave the injury excuse shows it is just an excuse and not real.

He knew the venue
He knew the place!!!
He knew the date!!!

Stop making ridiculous excuses that shows you are just reaching and trying desperately making excuses!!

What excuse? Max said he screwed up and can't do 208( he's injured anyway so he couldn't do 208 if he wanted to)
There is no reason for Aldo to not be ok with doing the fight in March instead of February unless he is trying to fight Max when he isn't fully prepared for him.

Any way. Like I said. Max had the interim title so Aldo has to fight him next anyway.

Anyone who believes that Max is afraid of Aldo is a moron. The guy's foot is fucked and he just fought 10 times over the past three years. What difference does it make if he needs an extra month? Moreover, Aldo is the one who should have fought Max instead of Pettis, but Aldo is too busy making up fantasy land stories about fighting other people.

He knew the venue
He knew the place!!!
He knew the date!!!

he didn't know he would be injured.

like I said, Aldo is trying to get out on a technicality, "oh I can't fight a month after February so I'm taking the belt and running"

What excuse? Max said he screwed up and can't do 208( he's injured anyway so he couldn't do 208 if he wanted to)
There is no reason for Aldo to not be ok with doing the fight in March instead of February unless he is trying to fight Max when he isn't fully prepared for him.

Any way. Like I said. Max had the interim title so Aldo has to fight him next anyway.
Max made up 3 excuses not to fight this date.
That is AFTER he had already said he would and making claims Aldo was running from him.

Sorry if I don't have much sympathy for him.

You reaching son.

Max called out a time and place
Aldo accepted
Now max doesn't want to fight.

He may not be ducking Aldo, but he's looking dumb as fuck right now.

Exactly, all that talk about "where is jose waldo" and jose being a bitch, jose accepted the first chance he could and now Max is backpedaling. I don't care if he's injured, if it was Aldo who said he was injured and couldn't make the date, Max would continue talking all this shit and calling him a whiny bitch.

Max only called Aldo out in the post fight because Dana told him to promote a fight in Brooklyn. He was just minutes out of his fight with Pettis and wasn't given a moment to process things. He isn't chickening out on anything. The guy has been fighting while Aldo has been contemplating retirement. Let's not forget the only reason Max even fought Pettis was because Aldo wouldn't fight him.

You reaching son.

Max called out a time and place
Aldo accepted
Now max doesn't want to fight.

He may not be ducking Aldo, but he's looking dumb as fuck right now.
Why did Max say no though.

I have a feeling Aldo purposely asked the fight to be on his son's birthday so Max rejects it.

Max only called Aldo out in the post fight because Dana told him to promote a fight in Brooklyn. He was just minutes out of his fight with Pettis and wasn't given a moment to process things. He isn't chickening out on anything. The guy has been fighting while Aldo has been contemplating retirement. Let's not forget the only reason Max even fought Pettis was because Aldo wouldn't fight him.
GETS IT

So Max calls out Aldo, says he's hiding, ducking, scared and knocks Aldo for getting injured alot.
Aldo accepts the fight, signs. Max backs out, cause he's injured.
Somehow this is still Aldo's fault? Signing the fight contract is somehow, "ducking and running" from Max?
What is wrong with some of you people?
thank you.

Anyone who believes that Max is afraid of Aldo is a moron. The guy's foot is fucked and he just fought 10 times over the past three years. What difference does it make if he needs an extra month? Moreover, Aldo is the one who should have fought Max instead of Pettis, but Aldo is too busy making up fantasy land stories about fighting other people.

I don't think Max is afraid to fight Aldo, but you have to be an even bigger moron if you think Aldo is afraid to fight Max.

Max just beat the former LW champion. Let that sink in.
You know.. LW, the most stacked dev in he UFC..

that's one way to look at it, another way would be to say that max just beat a former LW champion who was 1-3 in his previous 4 fights and dropped a weight class because he knew he couldn't win

that's one way to look at it, another way would be to say that max just beat a former LW champion who was 1-3 in his previous 4 fights and dropped a weight class because he knew he couldn't win
doesn't mean shit, that weight class gets more and more stacked exponentially.
That one win ur talking about is his last fight before Holloway beat him up too, and it was a dominant finish against a top 10 opponent.

Back