can we stop saying that Max Holloway "chickened" out the fight with Aldo

Aldo was finished faster but he's till far better then alvarez. Aldo is usually much more disciplined then he was in the first connor fight, to the point people hated on him for never coming forward. Eddie always has low fight IQ.

If we're judging it off of she speed of the finish, would you say siver is a tough match then aldo? Or poirer? Or brimage?

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, Id pick connor by ko against either one in a rematch but Aldo simply has more skills and physical tools.
Aldo is a better fighter than Eddie for definite, he just matches up horribly against Conor.

My English must be slipping.
"Where's Waldo?, See you in February".
I guess that actually means: 'let's fight in March'

how on EARTH can you POSSIBLY turn this into "Aldo doesn't want to fight Holloway"? I get that it's pretty clear oyu hate Aldo, whatever, but if Holloway says this date, Aldo agrees to that date, and then Max says "Actually i didn't think about this date too much", how is that on Aldo? Aldo has done nothing in the exchange besides agree to fight

Max Holloway called out Aldo after his win, in the heat of the moment he said February. When the smoke cleared, turns out he's injured and can't make the February date, the logical thing to do is reschedule the fight for March/April, which is what Max wants. Ironically, Aldo, the man who reschedules 5 fights out of 10, finds this unacceptable and is ducking/running with the belt.

This is not about Max pulling out vs Aldo. this is about Aldo being afraid to lose the paper belt after he already lost the real one

It's not the fact that Max is injured, which I have no problem with.

It's the fact that Max called Aldo out for February, said he was ducking, and then once Aldo confirms that he already knew he would be fighting the winner of Max/Pettis, Max starts backtracking saying, "well, I want time off with my kids" "it's too soon" "who knows if Aldo will show up" and now "my ankle is swollen". How the hell is this Aldo's fault all of a sudden?

And wtf would Aldo be scared of? He has fought people much more skilled than Max over the last 10 years.

Jesus Christ, just say you hate Aldo, but don't pretend like you are being at all objective about the situation.

Fighters are all playing hardball on the money side now when it comes to getting fights made, it's unfortunate for fans as we'll miss out or wait longer for fights, but it is a product of the taking advantage of these guys for so long and them suddenly now having a figure on their worth...

I in a fight between ducks only the vultures win.

WTF you talking about Max Holiday backtracked on Brooklyn date in the post fight press conference before he even knew he was injured
54dad19e999c70e0a583573f776646922304883377381f4f947127fa7b55e7a8.jpg

Aldo is a better fighter than Eddie for definite, he just matches up horribly against Conor.
I guess I just disagree. Aldo is better then eddie at everything including grappling. Aldo got caught so early we didn't get to see how he might do with a more measured (his typical) game. Eddie tried everything he always tried and was embarrassed. Don't get to caught up in the speed of the finish

I guess I just disagree. Aldo is better then eddie at everything including grappling. Aldo got caught so early we didn't get to see how he might do with a more measured (his typical) game. Eddie tried everything he always tried and was embarrassed. Don't get to caught up in the speed of the finish
I've had a harder time swatting flies than Conor did swatting Aldo

Aldo Champ LOL. Only Fighter in history to be destroyed quicker then any champion ever to be handed his title back.
2015 and 2016 Pussy of the year. Any real Champion would be like fuck you I earn it back thank you.
So much hatred lulz. Why?

It's not the fact that Max is injured, which I have no problem with.

It's the fact that Max called Aldo out for February, said he was ducking, and then once Aldo confirms that he already knew he would be fighting the winner of Max/Pettis, Max starts backtracking saying, "well, I want time off with my kids" "it's too soon" "who knows if Aldo will show up" and now "my ankle is swollen". How the hell is this Aldo's fault all of a sudden?

And wtf would Aldo be scared of? He has fought people much more skilled than Max over the last 10 years.

Jesus Christ, just say you hate Aldo, but don't pretend like you are being at all objective about the situation.
Holloway isn't saying he doesn't wanna fight aldo, he is saying postpone the fight for a month so he can be ready. which is perfectly REASONABLE. Aldo trying to get off on a technicality. The man is the OJ Simpson of the sport

in the heat of the moment he said February.
The UFC/Aldo decided February before Max and Pettis even fought. Max said 208 in Feb. because that is when he was told the fight would be. He very quickly realized, that same day, that he was getting taken for a ride.

The UFC/Aldo decided February before Max and Pettis even fought. Max said 208 in Feb. because that is when he was told the fight would be. He very quickly realized, that same day, that he was getting taken for a ride.
Jose Waldo had the Peking Duck cooking from the very beginning

Holloway isn't saying he doesn't wanna fight aldo, he is saying postpone the fight for a month so he can be ready. which is perfectly REASONABLE. Aldo trying to get off on a technicality. The man is the OJ Simpson of the sport

What technicality is Aldo trying to get off on?

Maybe I missed something in the news? Last I heard all Aldo did was give an interview where he confirmed that he would be fighting the winner of Pettis/Max in February...???

No one can say for certain what Aldo is thinking, but based on his recent interviews Aldo seems to be more of a " I see how the UFC is run now. I'll pick and choose what is most profitable for me now because that's how it's done ."

Max Holloway called out Aldo after his win, in the heat of the moment he said February. When the smoke cleared, turns out he's injured and can't make the February date, the logical thing to do is reschedule the fight for March/April, which is what Max wants. Ironically, Aldo, the man who reschedules 5 fights out of 10, finds this unacceptable and is ducking/running with the belt.

This is not about Max pulling out vs Aldo. this is about Aldo being afraid to lose the paper belt after he already lost the real one

Please stop with this blatant lying nonsense.

BEFORE the fight against Pettis:
"At the end of the day, Aldo had the chance to fight," he said. "There were rumors of us fighting at [UFC] 205, and there were rumors of us fighting here at [UFC] 206, but the motherf*cker kept saying no, so we’ll see what happens. With all these things going on this makes it super-clear, whoever wins gets Aldo next. And everybody knows how vocal I’ve been with Aldo, so everything go good, the road is straight, and Aldo is going to be next, and they say it’s for undisputed.

"Worse comes to worse, I don’t really care. All I want to do is prove I’m the best in the world, and come Dec. 10 it’s going to be one more step towards greatness."

Holloway has continuously challenged — and lambasted — Aldo since McGregor has been roaming in other weight classes. He didn’t hold back from taking one more shot when discussing whether or not Aldo would go through with the fight, should he get by Pettis.

"I don’t know man, if everything go real good I’ll get my hand raised," he said. "And everybody know what I’ve been saying, he got that disease, pussyitis, and there’s one guy that’s got the vaccine and his name’s Max Holloway. So he can come see me if he ever wants the vaccine, but if not he can do whatever the hell he wants to do. He said he wants to go play soccer or something? Good for him. But at the end of the day, if he wants to see me, he can see me.

"But first thing’s first, it’s Pettis. The guy is a former champion in the world, and he knows what it takes to this position, and I’m fully focused on him. And everything all goes good, then I’ll have some words for Aldo after the fight."

Right after the fight, on his interview with rogan:
Jose Aldo, meet me in Brooklyn in February. Let's get the f****** real one!' he roared into the crowd with his title held aloft.

Then Aldo confirms the fight was set for UFC 208 in Brooklyn,
This confirms what Holloway knew:
The venue
The date
The place
There's really no escape that Holloway was aware this fight would be in February and that ALdo already knew! He mentions it even before the fight with Pettis take place!
So let us stop pretending he didn't know and was confused!

Then the backpedalling started:
“It's news to me. I guess we found where Waldo is so I'm glad. It's time to see what happens. We're going to talk to the UFC, see what UFC says or see if he's just trying to (expletive) start some (expletive),” Holloway told FOX Sports.

“Like I said, I'm not planning on giving up Christmas and my son's birthday for something that's going to be booked and Feb. 11 comes up and we're going to be (expletive) looking at where's Jose Waldo.”

Then he complains about being too soon:
“That guy is crazy. I just looked and it's eight weeks out already. That's why that mother (expletive) wants to fight,” Holloway said. “He wants me to be all drained out from two training camps in a row but that (expletive) ain't going to happen.

“Like I said, first things first, we're going to talk to the new owners and Sean Shelby and we're going to go from there. We'll see what happens.”

Now, note he never said anything about ANY injuries!

If that was the case (and worse, an OLD injury that predates Pettis fight), he would have said something about it way before talking about his kid, two consecutive training camps or any other weak excuses he spewed while claiming Aldo was running from him.

So please use your brain (if you have any)!!

Aldo merely accepted a fight Holloway himself knew it would happen, when and where.
If Aldo would have refused, Holloway would have gone postal with accusations of ducking.

So forgive me if I don't give him any benefit of the doubt. There isn't any!
Holloway ducked Aldo. Proved by his own words!!

Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Back