Can we stop blaming everything on CTE?

while I agree that It's silly to blame CTE as the sole cause for such issues

this is a fairly Ignorant and short sighted thread.

Mental illness and CTE are synonymous

while I agree that It's silly to blame CTE as the sole cause for such issues

this is a fairly Ignorant and short sighted thread.

Mental illness and CTE are synonymous
“Mental illness and CTE are synonymous” do you realize how absurd that statement is? Not all mental illness is caused by head trauma, and not all head trauma leads to mental illness.

Aye y’all really dropped the ball in this one . It has me laughing though

“Mental illness and CTE are synonymous” do you realize how absurd that statement is? Not all mental illness is caused by head trauma, and not all head trauma leads to mental illness.

You have no idea what you are talking aboit. Mental illness is often caused by an environmental factor. To say that brain damage, or CTE have no impact on this is stupid. It's the same as saying that someone's use of drugs doesn't play a part in their development of psychosis.

TS knows fuck all about CTE, confirmed.

CTE is real. We need to wake up to the immense trauma we inflict on each other as children. That's where it all starts. Sure that Dodge ball hitting you in the face seemed innocuous, BECAUSE YOU ARE BRAIN DAMAGED YOU IDIOT YOU DONT KNOW ANY BETTER. PILLOW FIGHT? BRAIN DAMAGE. WATER BALLOON, YOU BETTER FUCKING BELIEVE THATS BRAIN DAMAGE. WHERE DOES IT END.
Ends by death via chronic trauma to your encephalon.

You have no idea what you are talking aboit. Mental illness is often caused by an environmental factor. To say that brain damage, or CTE have no impact on this is stupid. It's the same as saying that someone's use of drugs doesn't play a part in their development of psychosis.
What you're missing is that they are almost always combined. No doubt he was on a binge that whole time. He was out of his fucking mind and wasted drunk, I thought he beat her actually.. shit. He has a good heart. I actually like him more now. He still probably terrorized the shit out of her did you see that TUF episode? Give the man some lithium, a nap, and a sandwich and he'll be just fine.

Tbh, if he has been in a hypo-manic delusional unbeatable state for the last few years... one dose of lithium could mentally cripple Tony forever. Oh he didn't even get arrested? Pfft, not really much here but.. he should not take Anything that could change whatever the fuck that man believes in right now. This a do not fix if broken situation. He needs more money first. Health.... Wealth... Fuck...

Last edited:
Are you saying CTE is the male version of a woman's period?

I am not chalking it up to CTE but I'm also not excluding it.

There are several possibilities.
He could be smoking meth, faking it(highly doubt that but not outside the realm of possibility), be suffering from CTE effects , or could of simply just reached the peak of a mental illness like bi polar disorder or schizophrenia which was developing over time and was or wasn't a result of brain damage due to fighting.

Its just disheartening to hear and I really hope he fully recovers.

CTE? Most people on here are blaming his wife.

People who choose to have their heads punched by another highly trained fighter for a living, usually have a screw loose to begin with.

That's not a normal career path.

The easiest way to see if it's CTE or a previous mental health issue, is to look back at his character ans behaviours before his career progressed.

Do you genuinely think Tony was a bland, office worker type with zero 'quirks' before he started in the fight game?

Is getting hit in the head healthy? Of course not. But sometimes, people get afflicted with mental illness and it has nothing to do with fighting.
tumblr_ntyrowGQk11s3y9slo2_500.gif

Tyson's coach Cus D'amato used to say the same thing.

How do you know boxing causes those mental problems? How do you know those individuals didn't already have mental problems to begin with?

That's denial for you.

I am not chalking it up to CTE but I'm also not excluding it.

There are several possibilities.
He could be smoking meth, faking it(highly doubt that but not outside the realm of possibility), be suffering from CTE effects , or could of simply just reached the peak of a mental illness like bi polar disorder or schizophrenia which was developing over time and was or wasn't a result of brain damage due to fighting.

Its just disheartening to hear and I really hope he fully recovers.
Bingo. It could easily be the last option you mentioned. Lots of things contribute, MOSTLY genetics, not solely how many times you’ve been hit

Tyson's coach Cus D'amato used to say the same thing.

How do you know boxing causes those mental problems? How do you know those individuals didn't already have mental problems to begin with?

That's denial for you.
Oh, so you do know? How do you know exactly? How about the millions of non-mma fighters with psychosis? Please, grace us with your knowledge

Back