Can we have an in depth discussion about Rumble vs Glover?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Or should we stick to Conor vs Nate?

Have a feeling that Rumble will wilt under the pressure Glover brings and should set up a late round TKO or sub.

I can see a submission by Glover if he can survive the storm.

If.

Glover isn't doing a damn thing except getting knocked out. His striking is inferior and if Phil Davis couldn't get Rumble down once then Glover certainly won't.

Glover is overrated but Crumble could crumble.

Rumble panic wrestles and Glover chokes him out.

First things first
Glover has to survive the initial onslaught

if he can do this
Rumbles odds diminish

Rumble panic wrestles and Glover chokes him out.
Like this?

1454276966811.jpg

Both are home run hitters but I don't see Rumble have much issue here. As much as I like the idea of a Glover/DC fight I think Rumble is more precise with his shots and with his power, it only takes one. Pulling for Glover but I don't see it

Obviously, Rumble csn end his night with one punch, but I think Glover wins- and potentially dominates him.

I'm picking Rumble. I respect Glover - he's very well-rounded, skilled and strong but it seems like anytime he fights somebody who has even a glimmer of greatness in him, he fails.

Rumble has holes but he's a fucking beast. I'm picking Rumble T/KO rnd 1 or early rnd 2.

Rumble will prove that there are only two real contenders in the division. When he wins, I'd like to see him rematch Gus and the winner fights for the strap.

Glover has too much mileage. Rumble is too ... Dynamite-like and 'physical' ... Lol.

Last edited:
I'm excited for this fight... I feel like Rumble wins by KO/TKO in 1-2 rounds, but Glover is so under rated on this forum its insane. He's in any fight at 205.

I'm picking Rumble. I respect Glover - he's very well-rounded, skilled and strong but it seems like anytime he fights somebody who has even a glimmer of greatness in him, he fails.

Rumble has holes but he's a fucking beast. I'm picking Rumble T/KO rnd 1 or early rnd 2.

Rumble will prove that there are only two real contenders in the division. When he wins, I'd like to see him rematch Gus and the winner fights for the strap.

Glover has too much mileage. Rumble is too ... Dynamite-like and physical ... Lol.
Rumble is pure Dy No Myte!

If Bader can hurt Glover, Rumble most certainly can

I think rumble will have to end it in the first to win.

I just realized that Glover has only lost to Jones and Davis. It kinda jacks up my hyperbolic statement about him losing to guys that have a glimmer of greatness ... I stand by the rest of my post, though, ATM.

I have no idea why people are underestimating Glover so much here. Is it because he got stunned by Bader and Maldanado? Guys he went on to finish in brutal fashion? He's only lost one fight via strikes (his first fight) and is just as dangerous with his submissions as he is with his hands. He also has good grappling.

Rumble is definitely much improved with his takedown defense but he wilts. Glover will finish him via submission after a tense first round. Rumble has one way to win and it's KO in the first round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back