Can we have an in depth discussion about Rumble vs Glover?

I just realized that Glover has only lost to Jones and Davis. It kinda jacks up my hyperbolic statement about him losing to guys that have a glimmer of greatness ... I stand by the rest of my post, though, ATM.
And Rumbles been finished by Koscheck and Clementi

And Rumbles been finished by Koscheck and Clementi
I hear you but it was 'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away'.

YEARS ago, in different weight classes ...

I still call Rumble over Glover at 205 in 2016.

I found this fight so much more intriguing with Jon Jones in the mix.

Still a good fight, but I just don't get pumped up at the idea of either of them fighting DC.

One does not play lets punch the face with The Rumble

I found this fight so much more intriguing with Jon Jones in the mix.

Still a good fight, but I just don't get pumped up at the idea of either of them fighting DC.
The shit he hit DC with would knock an elephant dead , DC one tough Mofo , but i don't see a different outcome either.

The shit he hit DC with would knock an elephant dead , DC one tough Mofo , but i don't see a different outcome either.

Exactly. We've seen that show.

I don't really care about belts or rankings - just compelling fights.

Like this?

1454276966811.jpg

lol at comparing Bader to Glover

I gave that a 'like' because what the hell is there not to like (unless you are RB).

That's not how Rumble plays, though. He's twice as fast as Bader, hits a lot harder and throws from way trickier angles.

There are books and videos about how to counter the things Bader is throwing here. There aren't any on how to counter Rumble during his '5 minutes in heaven'. I mean there are but he's WAY less predictable and counterable. Staying in the pocket like that with Rumble is double dose Ambien.

The guy has his weaknesses, no doubt but if Glover beats him in that range I'll spontaneously combust.

Glover is really underrated on here.
Rumble can definitely get it early but his odds should diminish as the fight goes on.

I hear you but it was 'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away'.

YEARS ago, in different weight classes ...

I still call Rumble over Glover at 205 in 2016.
They were a long time ago, and Rumble really is a different fighter at 205 than he ever was at WW, so I cant really hold those losses against him. It really comes down to the first round and who controls the fight. If Glover can survive the first round and make Rumble work, I think it will turn into an easy fight for him relatively quickly.

However Rumble has shown he is an absolute animal in the first 1-2 rounds, and could easily knock out any LHW or even HW fighter in the world if he lands. Going to be a very interesting fight

They were a long time ago, and Rumble really is a different fighter at 205 than he ever was at WW, so I cant really hold those losses against him. It really comes down to the first round and who controls the fight. If Glover can survive the first round and make Rumble work, I think it will turn into an easy fight for him relatively quickly.

However Rumble has shown he is an absolute animal in the first 1-2 rounds, and could easily knock out any LHW or even HW fighter in the world if he lands. Going to be a very interesting fight
Great post! Them's da facts.

Just for fun, I am taking the hard line 'Rumble gonna get it done within 2!'. It's just a bit of silly fun, though, because of everything you said.

I just have a feeling ... Yeah, I've said that before - SMH

One interesting thing about rumble that often gets overlooked because he was so huge as a ww and mw is that he isn't a particularly huge lhw. He gave up significantly to size to bader.

I think the winning plat for glover is to impose himself physically in the clinch along the fence and stifle rumbles ability to generate power. Really make him work and slow the fight down.

Rumble needs to stay in the open and make glover pay every time they enter range. Don't just headhunt, but light him up to the body to to keep him guessing.

I fully expect glover to win the fight if he can get on top of rumble with time to work for even one round. I am not confident rumble comes back from a beating.

I can also see Glover getting lit up in the first and never getting back into the fight.

Really interesting match on paper.

I just don't see glover having anything to offer here. Rumble is the best striker in the division by a good margin and anything short of fantastic wreslting isn't going to be good enough to get him down.

Tbh I think glover is pretty overrated in general though.

Back