Can we all agree that Raphael Assuncao deserves the next Bantamweight title shot?

Depends.

If UFC wants TJ to headline, they should do TJ vs Marlon Moraes. With Assuncao as backup if anyone falls out.

If UFC wants to put TJ as co-main on a big card, do TJ vs Assuncao. With Moraes as back up if anyone falls out.

I really like Cruz but he needs to get healthy and show that he can stay consistently healthy. Rebook Cruz and Rivera.

Yes, Assuncao deserves the next shot. But when has the UFC given out title shots based upon who "deserves" it?

The UFC has showed no interest in pushing Assuncao, and I expect that to continue.

Give it to the Ass man. Ass man has earned it.
giphy.gif

We all know its between Raphael Assuncao, Marlon Moraes and Dominick Cruz. But I think Assuncao should be the clear cut number 1 contender.

He's won 4 in a row. He's won 11 of his last 12. He has a win over the current champion (and a loss). He has a win over Marlon Moraes who is the other potential contender. He's been a top 5 fighter for years. And he's never been rewarded a title shot. He deserves it.

Agree or disagree?
Personally I’d rather see moraes because Tj and assuncao have already fought but assuncao is arguably more deserving

It's a weird situation since he's already fought TJ twice and TJ won convincingly the second time. If I were booking I'd do Cruz vs Assuncao, Moraes vs TJ.

I like it. I agree with TS that Assuncao deserves it based on his wins, but Moraes (though he lost to Assuncao) probably looks to be the next in line based on highlight finishes and willingness to trash-talk (thiugh it’s most likely Ali Abdel-Azuz doing the talking).

All this being said, Cruz has a bigger name and will get a shot as soon as he’s healthy. Cruz may now be entering Faber territory, getting title shots based on star power / past accomplishments.

We all know its between Raphael Assuncao, Marlon Moraes and Dominick Cruz. But I think Assuncao should be the clear cut number 1 contender.

He's won 4 in a row. He's won 11 of his last 12. He has a win over the current champion (and a loss). He has a win over Marlon Moraes who is the other potential contender. He's been a top 5 fighter for years. And he's never been rewarded a title shot. He deserves it.

Agree or disagree?
Imo he lost to tj 2 times and Marlon

Marlon does.

He got robbed against Assuncao, is fresh and unlike Raphael, he finishes his opponents in exciting fashion. I can’t see Assuncao having more for TJ than at UFC 200

The problem is we already saw how TJ dominated him in the 2nd fight. But his resume in UFC alone speaks volumes

The problema for Assuncao is that he recently lost a clear cut UD to TJ and he does not have much of a finishing threat to Dillashaw, no real KO power or submission threat, so his chances for victory are thin at best. The same problema with Mighty Mouse (Up until now), if you already know the outcome of a fight, it loses most of its interest

Depends on how you look at it.Assuncao got an EXTREMELY lucky decision vs TJ in the first fight,that was absolute bullshit and TJ easily won the 2nd fight and then add in that he should have lost vs Moraes imo and the opinion of 16 out of the 17 media scores.Raphael has been very inactive in the past and even sat out waiting for a title shot at one point that never came,no one that does that should get a title fight.On paper Assuncao looks like he should maybe be next in line but that's not how I look at it at all,that's for fight finder studying noobs.Moraes should fight for the title next no question.

Back