Can we all agree that Raphael Assuncao deserves the next Bantamweight title shot?

HootyMcBoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
We all know its between Raphael Assuncao, Marlon Moraes and Dominick Cruz. But I think Assuncao should be the clear cut number 1 contender.

He's won 4 in a row. He's won 11 of his last 12. He has a win over the current champion (and a loss). He has a win over Marlon Moraes who is the other potential contender. He's been a top 5 fighter for years. And he's never been rewarded a title shot. He deserves it.

Agree or disagree?

It's a weird situation since he's already fought TJ twice and TJ won convincingly the second time. If I were booking I'd do Cruz vs Assuncao, Moraes vs TJ.

Moraes over Assuncao when Assuncao beat Moraes and has a longer streak? I don't know about that.

Marlon Moraes for sure. Robbed against Assuncao and beat BETTER competition in more IMPRESSIVE fashion.

Give it to the Ass man. Ass man has earned it.

I'd rather see it go to Moraes, given Assuncao's risk-free, questionable decision win over him.

a win is a win. It was a close fight. But at the end of the day Assuncao got the W. Thats all that matters.

Cruz dosen't deserve shit...

Either Assuncao or Moraes. Moraes vs TJ is a fresh match up, so I’d rather see that. But I wouldn’t complain if Assuncao got it. Cruz needs a fight before getting another title shot.

It's a sad situation for the guy but the reality is it won't bring in ppv numbers

He isn't really a finisher, doesn't trash talk, polite, he just does not bring interest or intrigue into a title fight.

If him and TJ had 2 wars and a beef I could see it but sometimes nice guys finish last.. This is the case here.

UFC doesn't want Asunciao near that belt. Too risk averse in his fighting style and he has little charisma. You can make a case he deserves it, and i wouldn't disagree, but he's not gonna get it.

Assuncao already fought TJ and lost decisively to him, it's really not an interesting fight.

Hands down, Marlon and Cejudo has no business asking for such a fight.After watching fight, hes lucky he got split cause I don't agree with decision

Maybe, maybe not. It will be put on hold though because TJ is going to fight Cejudo

Moraes over Assuncao when Assuncao beat Moraes and has a longer streak? I don't know about that.
Quality counts bro,
KTFO Rivera is >>>>>>>>>>> avoiding Font enough to get decision. And TJ beat his ass just in 2016.

Back