Can we all agree now: in 2 years time Bellator > UFC

only because SF wanted to sell!

i hope viacom dont sell. i want bellator to be a good competitor

competition is good!

Viacom has a lot of money and didnt purchase Strikeforce, that was their only hope to actually challenge the UFC.

only because SF wanted to sell!

i hope viacom dont sell. i want bellator to be a good competitor

competition is good!

SF's investors wanted to sell because it wasn't making any money for them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bellator fan, and like that we have an org with a tournament format. Just don't see it replacing the UFC anywhere in the foreseeable future.

But I also don't see why it needs to. It's a good product, let it be what it is instead of projecting some org centric fantasy onto it.

They'll swallow both the UFC and the WWE, having 20 million viewers on monday night on Spike

I would say Bellator is currently further ahead right now than SF ever was. And, although I would love to see your prediction come true, it's HIGHLY unlikely. I'd love to see Dana White crumble though.

I like their business model, at least. They've grown slower over time without overspending. Enjoyed Strikeforce, but they were crazy with their expenditures.

I would say Bellator is currently further ahead right now than SF ever was. And, although I would love to see your prediction come true, it's HIGHLY unlikely. I'd love to see Dana White crumble though.
Bellator hasn't come close to matching the gates SF use to pull. Strikeforce had gates that broke 7 figures whetr Bellator's best are low 6. Strikeforces annual revenue was close what Viacom paid for it's controlling share of Bellator.

Bellator hasn't come close to matching the gates SF use to pull. Strikeforce had gates that broke 7 figures whetr Bellator's best are low 6. Strikeforces annual revenue was close what Viacom paid for it's controlling share of Bellator.

I did not know that. I thought sponsorship wise, Bellator was doing better. W/e.

Less than 2 years, I say 6 months.

If the reports are true that Bellators PPV did 50k buys then I think its just a matter of time before the run right over the UFC.

UFC cant compete with those kinds of numbers.

Less than 2 years, I say 6 months.

If the reports are true that Bellators PPV did 50k buys then I think its just a matter of time before the run right over the UFC.

UFC cant compete with those kinds of numbers.
What about the other rumors the gate was a whopping $127,000... which for Bellator's sake I really hope isn't true.

Once the PPV's start poppin, ther'll be no stoppin.
Bellator is gonna overrun the UFC. UFC's days as the premiere MMA org are getting numbered. Bellator is on the rise, nothing can stop them.
The only thing i can see buying time for the UFC is TUF.

Wait wait wait. So because old Rampage and Tito are actually able to get wins they are the premiere organization? The company has no depth at all.

The show reminds me of what happens to WWE wrestlers when they are cut. They end up in some dive, working because they have to. It's no longer about striving to be the greatest, but now just about getting a paycheck. It's actually sad.

I can't see it, but I can only hope they push the UFC to do better. Don't care if they overtake the UFC or not, just hope for a good competitive MMA world.

Fighter sharing/teaming up with OneFC would be good too - one can wish ;)

What about the other rumors the gate was a whopping $127,000... which for Bellator's sake I really hope isn't true.

On the plus side, Tito's last ppv contract with Bellator stipulated shares for any number over 50k. So maybe, they don't have to pay him much.

They have a unique approach but they have to keep improving I think they have lots of great fighters that can put on exciting fights, it's just they don't know how to promote them as well yet. If they concentrate on that they could be good competition for UFC.

They are very deep at HW with Minakov, Volkov, Ivanov
young talent like Brooks, Chandler, Alvarez, Dantas
skilled roster with Page, Lima

Last edited:
Frank Shamrock locker room interviews FTW!

I hope he never drops the "Back to you guys" line and does it even more ridiculously dramatic over time. Like turn silently to the camera, and not say anything for several seconds until it starts to become a little uncomfortable and just before Jimmy tries to break in frank drops the bomb "Now back to you guys" and every breathes a sigh of relief and stands and applauds.

Viacom does have money but they can't take a $40 million loss like the UFC, it's one of the disadvantages of being a public company. They have a responsibility to their share holders, Bellator is going to have to grow without large amounts of cash being dumped into it so there is no way they are passing the UFC in two years.

I guess it depends on how you measure them.

Right now bellator has the better product as the fights are more entertaining and the general production quality of the shows is slightly better too. Theyve also got the more exciting prospect pool too whereas ufc is heavily betting on ronda rousey and female fighters to be their future stars.

If we are measuring it by profit, then obviiously the ufc makes way more $ than bellator. What will have t happen for bellator to surpass them is a combination of fox cancelling their contract and the ufc ends up without a tv deal which will probably happen plus their ppvs stop selling. I can definately see both happening while bellator slowly gets better sponsors, prospects like.mvp become the next anderson silvas and get more mainstream attention, and more people warm up to the bellator brand. Will they surpass the ufc in profit around the 2 year mark? I think its very realistic if fox dumps the ufc and they have to spend a ton of $ advertising their ppvs while ticket sales keep ging down and bellator saturates the market with a better product thats free of charge

Bombers dropping a "better prospects" line. Got to love it.

Bellator surpassed UFC in Bombers eyes back at Bellator 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back