Can we all agree now: in 2 years time Bellator > UFC

What are you talking about? That Bellator ppv was as boring as watching paint dry... I can't remember the last time a UFC was boring... Maybe one fight, but not ALL of them... The only fighter that tried to make it exciting was Rampage.

You need to watch more UFC, plenty of boring fucking PPVs and Fight Nights.

You need to watch more UFC, plenty of boring fucking PPVs and Fight Nights.

Not plenty... occasionally yes it happens, no way around it. You can't control how the fighters perform. But you can control how you pace a show that was the big fail from what I hear.

Might not be better but Caldwell, Jenkins, Page, LaRue, Neves Jr are just as good as any prospect out there and they should be fun to watch, I think they just landed one of the top heavyweights too, but I don't really follow the heavies too closely.
LaRue Burley is not a prospect.

Doesn't Viacom own like half of all of television? They could take it serious and pump money in and pick up some top UFC stars when their contracts are up or they could completely cut their losses and bail. So I mean it's essential Viacom vs. the Fertitta (sp?) bros.

In America unfortunately UFC = MMA and I don't think MMA is a big enough gold mine for a bunch of mcpromotions yet. People want what they want I mean look what happened to the XFL.

Not plenty... occasionally yes it happens, no way around it. You can't control how the fighters perform. But you can control how you pace a show that was the big fail from what I hear.

you heard wrong

There is a better chance that I will take over as head of Bellator, than there is of Bellator surpassing the UFC.

I guess it depends on how you measure them.

Right now bellator has the better product as the fights are more entertaining and the general production quality of the shows is slightly better too. Theyve also got the more exciting prospect pool too whereas ufc is heavily betting on ronda rousey and female fighters to be their future stars.

If we are measuring it by profit, then obviiously the ufc makes way more $ than bellator. What will have t happen for bellator to surpass them is a combination of fox cancelling their contract and the ufc ends up without a tv deal which will probably happen plus their ppvs stop selling. I can definately see both happening while bellator slowly gets better sponsors, prospects like.mvp become the next anderson silvas and get more mainstream attention, and more people warm up to the bellator brand. Will they surpass the ufc in profit around the 2 year mark? I think its very realistic if fox dumps the ufc and they have to spend a ton of $ advertising their ppvs while ticket sales keep ging down and bellator saturates the market with a better product thats free of charge

Better production?... better prospects? LOL, your buffoonery truly knows no bounds.

tumblr_lpdeyyBmM61qe29wao1_500.gif

Better production?... better prospects? LOL, your buffoonery truly knows no bounds.

In case you havent figured it out yet goldie and rogan arent that great. Miletich, jimmy smith, frank Mir, and others are way more interesting to listen to. The camera work is about the same, and the ufc walkouts are a little better. Announcers are more important than ring entrances to me so yeah, bellator production is better.

As far as the prospects go, bellator has some olympic calibur wrestlers, a 2X world.sambo champ and elite judo talent, guys like raphael butler with legit boxing making the transition to mma, along with the possible next anderson silva michael page. Meanwhile the ufc has tuf, women, and whoever their gym alliances (jacksons, blackzillians, alpha male, aka etc.) Offer them. Half of your prospects are from tuf dude ie they look like.stars in the house but are on a tier or.2 under the elite prospects in the game. Whos gonna be this years uriah hall looking like a worldbeater on the show and suddenly when he faces decent competition loses and people.are.wondering "what happened?" Duh, you bought the hype and marketing is what happened

Could happen. Dana needs to get off the nuts of streamers, pirates, and bars showing events. Less options to view the UFC, the less fans there will be. My dad used to go to bars to watch all the time, now he cant find any that show the events so has ultimately stopped watching altogether.

Could happen. Dana needs to get off the nuts of streamers, pirates, and bars showing events. Less options to view the UFC, the less fans there will be. My dad used to go to bars to watch all the time, now he cant find any that show the events so has ultimately stopped watching altogether.
Why do people keep saying Bars... Bars pay a premium for the event and the UFC even has a list of bars showing the event on their website. As far as streamers every media company goes after piraters, If Bellator is making the move to PPV they will be targeting piraters just the same. Maybe your dad is in a bad MMA area or just a place with not enough people to justify a bar paying the cost of the PPV otherwise UFC.com has a list.

Yeah its not like the UFC isnt signing the best prospects in the sport every other day.

Holdsworth
Sterling
Kevlin
Choi
Tanaka
Backstrom
Muhoz
Ortega
Khaliev
Jan
Drysdale
Joe Ellenberger
Hamilton
Hobar
Magomedov
Pettis
Rosholt
Derrick Lewis
Oleksiy Oliynyk
Braga Neto
Laflare
Gunnar Nelson
Siyar
Alex Garcia
Rhodes
Sullivan
Yakovlev
Fili
Hacran Dias
Bektic
Stoneface
Alers
Alex White
Skelly
Horiguchi
Scoggins
Sampo
Alp
Montague

In case you havent figured it out yet goldie and rogan arent that great. Miletich, jimmy smith, frank Mir, and others are way more interesting to listen to. The camera work is about the same, and the ufc walkouts are a little better. Announcers are more important than ring entrances to me so yeah, bellator production is better.

As far as the prospects go, bellator has some olympic calibur wrestlers, a 2X world.sambo champ and elite judo talent, guys like raphael butler with legit boxing making the transition to mma, along with the possible next anderson silva michael page. Meanwhile the ufc has tuf, women, and whoever their gym alliances (jacksons, blackzillians, alpha male, aka etc.) Offer them. Half of your prospects are from tuf dude ie they look like.stars in the house but are on a tier or.2 under the elite prospects in the game. Whos gonna be this years uriah hall looking like a worldbeater on the show and suddenly when he faces decent competition loses and people.are.wondering "what happened?" Duh, you bought the hype and marketing is what happened

CC27 gave you a list of almost 40 prospects on the UFC roster. You can't even come up with more than 5 on the Bellator roster. LOL.

As far as better production... get back to me when Bellator starts actually lighting their fights to a point where they don't look like they are in a dungeon.

CC27 gave you a list of almost 40 prospects on the UFC roster. You can't even come up with more than 5 on the Bellator roster. LOL.

As far as better production... get back to me when Bellator starts actually lighting their fights to a point where they don't look like they are in a dungeon.

I didnt see his list and tbh I wouldnt recognize their names anyways because I dont watch tuf, wmma, and I get tired and boored after 5 minutes or so whenever I watch that brand and I end up changing the channel.

I didnt see his list and tbh I wouldnt recognize their names anyways because I dont watch tuf, wmma, and I get tired and boored after 5 minutes or so whenever I watch that brand and I end up changing the channel.

You wouldn't know the names because you simply don't know shit about MMA, not because of TUF or WMMA.

This list had maybe a couple TUF guys on it and NO women. Way to show you're blatant ignorance.

What are you talking about? That Bellator ppv was as boring as watching paint dry... I can't remember the last time a UFC was boring... Maybe one fight, but not ALL of them... The only fighter that tried to make it exciting was Rampage.

serious question, are you being paid by Dana to post here?

serious question, are you being paid by Dana to post here?

Maybe he just likes the UFC better and expresses his personal opinion on the matter. When people bash the UFC I wouldn't assume they work for a competitor. When people say the Bellator PPV was better I don't assume they are being paid, just that they don't recognize good MMA.

Back