Can Usman beat Khamzat on 10 days notice? [POLL]

Can Usman beat Khamzat on 10 days notice?

• Total voters
I’m pretty sure that in all my time on SD. I’ve never seen so many ridiculous questions asked, or pathetic opinions put forward in a matter of hours.

If you know ANYTHING about mma. You would never ask this question.

Yes, of course he CAN. Did you mean..

WILL he win?
You've been here long enough to know stupidity runs in droves.

Nah

He was so timid in the Leon fight because he was scared of being a highlight reel again

Usman has been training so this is possible.

Chimaev was actually training for MW, Usman was at home, not off the couch but never the same, i got Chimaev here.

Funny thing is Chael said Usman should be the backup in case someone pulled out of this fight.

Any top level fighter can beat any other top level fighter, within some weight limit with any amount of notice, on the right day. I'm not picking him, but this is MMA and Usman is a great fighter.

I don't understand this at all... How is Khamzat better at everything than Usman? People are forgetting how good Usman is because of a crazy ko and a quick comeback after getting his lights shut off.
Khamzat hasn't fought anyone nearly as good as Usman

Khamzat has shown better wrestling and submissions (he’s also much more accomplished in the sport of wrestling than Usman) and he is bigger and taller. Usman is def more polished as a striker, with better cardio, and twice the experience.

No he can't, but he's not supposed to. This fight is happening just to get khamzat his title shot. Maybe Usman is ready to retire and this was the biggest payday he could end on.

Can he is a silly question. Of course he CAN.

He won't. Khamzat is going to tuck him into bed.

Volk and Charles are polar opposite fighters.

Kamaru and Costa are polar opposite fighters.

So credits to Islam and Khamzat for accepting these bouts as they were not prepared for these types of fighters.

Usman probably in a straight boxing match could beat Khamzat. Then you add in their wrestling could cancel out. And before this fight was put together people were saying his cardio was better than Khamzat. I've never seen a short notice opponent that has good cardio ever lose it because of a short notice fight. Also Usman has KO power, so could clip and win.

Khamzat was training to take down Costa and finish him, his gameplan is competently different now most likely. Should be a great fight.

Last edited:
Usman knew 6 weeks ago this was a possibility.

Still gonna lose, but no camp won't be the reason.

Unless hes brutally washed I dont see why not. Khamzat is very inactive and has only ever had one fight at the elite level, and it was tough for him. On paper Usman has the ability, like Gilbert, to make this a stand up fight, and he hits fucking hard.

Anyone can beat anyone in MMA on any day. Which is why this is such a fun sport! However...I don't think he would.

Back