Can Usman beat Khamzat on 10 days notice? [POLL]

Can Usman beat Khamzat on 10 days notice?

• Total voters

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, Usman is coming off back to back losses at 170... Now he's moving up to MW on 10 days notice to fight a young and hungry Khamzat, who is known for being very big and strong.

Not to mention, Usman is going to have to fly to Abu Dhabi and cut weight, assuming he's at around 200 to 210 pounds. Usman didn't even have any fight lined up. So nobody knows what kind of shape he's even in.

With Volk, he knew he was going to have to defend his belt. He was in some kind of good condition at least, even if it isn't Full training Camp conditioning.

With Usman, who knows.
We know Khamzat has been bulking up now that he doesn't have to cut to 170.

But, Karma has come full circle. Usman got gifted Masvidal who was fighting on a week's notice, so have the whole Fight island thing in Abu Dhabi. Now, Usman gets to repay the favor.

I just can't believe that the winner of this last minute fight will be next in line for the MW Title Shot.

Any how, what say you, Sherbros?
Can Usman beat Khamzat at MW on 10 days notice?

Can he? Sure. He should probably be the underdog, though. He brings a high level of experience to the fight, and I think he has better hands than Khamzat, but that’s about it. The size, speed, power, wrestling etc goes to Khamzat. Usman would have to pull off a great gameplan to win this.

Usman not in camp, but he has been training, you can bet on that. He is a hard worker. Its also been over a year since then and there have been rumors that he is about to sign a contract, multiple times.
And dropping 15 pounds in 10 days will not be an issue for him, since he usually drops 30. Most of those 15 pounds will be water weight, and that can come off in a few days. Something tells me that all of this hoopla with Costa was known to UFC a lot earlier than being reported, so they most likely contacted him at least a few days ago initially. He will be fine.

Now, how he looks at new weight is definitely an unknown, but I reckon extra weight and less weight cutting might actually benefit his physical conditioning. He did not look good physically in his last fight.

Last edited:
khamzat-chimaev-everybody-i-come-for-everybody.gif

I’m pretty sure that in all my time on SD. I’ve never seen so many ridiculous questions asked, or pathetic opinions put forward in a matter of hours.

If you know ANYTHING about mma. You would never ask this question.

Yes, of course he CAN. Did you mean..

WILL he win?

I feel like usman and khamzat are on two different trajectories. Usman is 36 with no knees coming off two losses, while khamzat is 29 and his star is rising. I think it being a 3 round fight favors chimaev also. Then again the one time in the ufc khamzat wasn’t able to blow his opponent out of the water was against burns who made him look very human. Usman has great takedown defense and good boxing with a decent front kick, so it’s possible usman pulls it off, but I favor khamzat pretty heavily

I wonder if betting odds will reflect this poll. I would seriously buy in.

Can he? Sure. He should probably be the underdog, though. He brings a high level of experience to the fight, and I think he has better hands than Khamzat, but that’s about it. The size, speed, power, wrestling etc goes to Khamzat. Usman would have to pull off a great gameplan to win this.
I don't understand this at all... How is Khamzat better at everything than Usman? People are forgetting how good Usman is because of a crazy ko and a quick comeback after getting his lights shut off.
Khamzat hasn't fought anyone nearly as good as Usman

I’m pretty sure that in all my time on SD. I’ve never seen so many ridiculous questions asked, or pathetic opinions put forward in a matter of hours.

WILL he win?
I see my elemantary school teacher has a sherdog account

Hi Miss Miranda

It all depends on how his legs are doing. If his knees are good not being overtrained could work in his favor.

But let's ask the man himself. What do you think Usman?

upload_2023-10-11_21-0-7.png

Kamaru just got off the phone with Dana.

Last edited:
Vote yes cause it’s mma, he can catch him via a fluke shot, a defensive lapse by khamzat or khamzat might just hurt/injure himself too in a fight.

but under normal circumstances forget ten days usman can’t beat khamzat even with an year long camp

He's 36. Doesn't bode well. Khamzat's lack of high level competition in the UFC will help Usman hopefully, but, this certainly changes the dynamic. Usman is in theory a superior striker by a fair margin and with his wrestling pedigree... can he keep it standing/away from the cage?

WILL he win?
You’re too smart for us bros

10 days and halfway around the world. Definitely not the ideal conditions. I made a trip from the U.S. to the "sand box" in my military days and it takes a couple of days just to adjust time zones, sleeping, etc.

Back