Can Usman beat Khamzat on 10 days notice? [POLL]

Can Usman beat Khamzat on 10 days notice?

• Total voters
I don't think so but it would at least show us what type of competitor Khamzat is. If he really has issue with a short notice Usman at a higher weight class then maybe he doesn't belong in MW.

He has one submission (RNC) loss on record but it was his 2nd fight. He also has one of the highest TDDs in the UFC. I'm way more intrigued by this fight than the Costa one even if it's short notice.

Usman is gonna dominate Khamzat from start to finish.... 30-27 for the Nigerian Nightmare.

usman is sneaky
if he stuffs the td he could blitz kamzat with a solid punch
we know kamzat is hittable and usman throws hard

Yes, he can but not saying he will.

Usman is taking this on late notice. He is much older than Khamzat. Usman may be past his prime. Usman has bad knees. He has lost his last 2 fights while Khamzat is on upward trajectory.

Also, the fight will be at 185 and Khamzat is probably bigger so this will benefit him more. (If he does indeed have a higher walk around weight than Usman) He will be able to come in bigger and stronger and have a size and strength advantage possibly. Had the fight been at 170, I think that would have been benefitted Usman more, as Khamzat would have had to cut a lot more. Also, Usman is a master weight cutter for 170. He was one of the biggest, strongest and had some of the best cardio out of a Welterweight I have ever seen.

He has one submission (RNC) loss on record but it was his 2nd fight. He also has one of the highest TDDs in the UFC. I'm way more intrigued by this fight than the Costa one even if it's short notice.
Yes, I am very fascinated with their strategies.

How amazing would that be if Khamzat ragdolled Usman? (Like when Usman ragdolled Woodley)

But what if he can't take him down? Usman was willing to throw down with Colby for 50 minutes. Usman has also stopped Burns and Masvidal with strikes.

Time to find out how good Khamzat really is. (But even if he wins, there may still be questions because Usman came in short notice, is older, past prime possibly, bad knees for sure..?)

We never stopped living in barbarian times. It just gets hidden these days.

Wow, so you are just shameless about it?

You think stealing other people's land is perfectly okay and that is why you proudly wave around the flags of the two most evil countries in the world?

(ps: RIP to the Israeli civilians, Palestinian civilians, and the Ukrainian civilians).

Wow, so you are just shameless about it?

You think stealing other people's land is perfectly okay and that is why you proudly wave around the flags of the two most evil countries in the world?

(ps: RIP to the Israeli civilians, Palestinian civilians, and the Ukrainian civilians).
All land is stolen land.

Usman not in camp, but he has been training, you can bet on that. He is a hard worker. Its also been over a year since then and there have been rumors that he is about to sign a contract, multiple times.
And dropping 15 pounds in 10 days will not be an issue for him, since he usually drops 30. Most of those 15 pounds will be water weight, and that can come off in a few days. Something tells me that all of this hoopla with Costa was known to UFC a lot earlier than being reported, so they most likely contacted him at least a few days ago initially. He will be fine.

Now, how he looks at new weight is definitely an unknown, but I reckon extra weight and less weight cutting might actually benefit his physical conditioning. He did not look good physically in his last fight.

Costa made it clear he's kept the UFC in the loop. So I'm sure Usman had more time than 10 days. How much more? I don't know.

I really don't think Usman is going to look good. He didn't look good against Edwards the first time and looked a LOT worse the second time. He was due for a Woodley-style fall off at his age, and it happened.

Khamzat is younger, healthy, hungry, and bigger.

This is a bad match up for Usman.

If Kamaru has been taking it easy, then probably no, he won't beat Khamzat.

But can he beat Khamzat on short notice?

Yeah, absolutely he fucking can.

Khamzat is okay on the feet, but is he a better wrestler than Colby, who Kamaru shut down a couple of times?

It's a shame we aren't getting Khamzat-Colby, to be honest, but baldy thinks he knows best.

khamzat-chimaev-everybody-i-come-for-everybody.gif
so crnigey.. i hope usman knocks him stiff

I really don't think Usman is going to look good. He didn't look good against Edwards the first time and looked a LOT worse the second time. He was due for a Woodley-style fall off at his age, and it happened.

Khamzat is younger, healthy, hungry, and bigger.

This is a bad match up for Usman.

I mean you say he looked A LOT worse the second time (I'm guessing you mean the third time right?)

It was still a close and competitive fight that went to a decision.

People writing off Usman like he's a bum these days is crazy.

Usman is on the decline but still has at least a few advantages in the fight; he has experience and a strong ability to dictate the fight pace (at least historically, against admittedly smaller opponents). If he can drag Khamzat into deep waters, he may be able to exhaust him. In order to do that I would expect a lot of dirty boxing up against the cage attempting to mitigate Khamzat's speed and wrestling ability.

Back