• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can UFC f*** off with broadcasting tweets in the middle of fights?

UFC has hired "attention engineers" just like Major social networks such as Facebook , instagram etc. Expect more obnoxious , intrusive, eye raping ads and more comments from "influencers" around the world.

Lol David Spade is a fucking MMA sage or something.

If they insist on having tweets then keep it to UFC fighters. Even though I like Daniel Ricciardo, he's an F1 driver so it's not really relevant.

But betting lines? Yeah. Fuck those. Not everyone who watched sports is a gambler. Does the UFC have a stake in a bookmaker business or something? They really like to push it.

They should show some content off the PBP instead... classic shit like @Wadtucket 's hairline posts
045.gif

Why not just have it scroll across the bottom like a sports ticker instead

Same. I think it was when Ion Cutelaba ate a headkick or it was when he was dropped before the finish but it was really irritating
Yes, that was it! When he got dropped before the finish
Very irritating

Freakin' David Spade... lmao

Hey UFC, get rid if the ********* twirppy popups. They are extremely annoying, pointless, and most of your audience are not 11 year old twitter jockies. F**** twitter.

During the Whittakeer fight, those fuckers poped up every second - hugely distracting, and honestly who gives a flying fuck what a A or B or C level hasbeen celebrity thinks the score is?

Awful marketing idea, whoever thought of that should have been ignored or financially punished, for thinking social networking in the middle of the fights is what's going to elevate UFCs popularity with the general public..

Fight themselves are interesting enough - no need to distract them with huge pop ups like it was a damn internet ad on a shitty website

Just look at this horseshit:

cQ0y6TL.png

xhUTiQ8.png

Thank you for saying what needed to be said!

I hate it. Some of these tweet pop-ups take up 15% of the screen. I remember it looked like someone landed a nice body kick, but I couldn't see it because some asshole tweeted something that no one cares about. ESPN's programming is absolute garbage.

You know something that irks me too

The whole
Betting thing.

why is their odds now some sort of stat like ‘height’

oh wow Walt Harris is +110 interesting.

then during the fights they push how the lines have moved?
Yeah no shit.. he’s getting his arse kicked, I’m not blind?
I'm on board with this complaint, not so much the tweets. They don't bother me near as much as this shit.
I hope they don't start using that creepy Gianni "The Greek" guy on DWCS with the teeth that are way too white to be real, that tells us the betting lines on the no-name fighters fighting for a contract in the UFC. Dude is way cringe.
maxresdefault.jpg

I am old school I hate this shit, I noticed this more and more recently. Give me an option to turn the tweeting shit off. No I don't want to go on social media. I want to sit in peace and take in the fights. Fucking terrible.

Yep. Leave it to in between rounds, do not include betting, and have it not too obtrusive, perhaps a scroll along the very bottom only at maximum

I've never seen a tweet in any live fight and thought, "that was worth reading right now". I barely care what anyone's opinion is regarding a fight, let alone getting it in real time like that and blocking up my screen like a fucking tetris game.

I also have this annoying habit of reading every bit of script on a screen, which is why I hate having subtitles on unless needed. It's a shitty gimmick that needs to be canned.

Back