Can Trump run again in 2024 if he loses in 2020?

Should Donald Trump run again in 2024 if he loses the 2020 election?

• Yes

Votes: 46 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 78 62.9%

• Total voters
Are we asking if he *can* run, or if he should? He certainly can. But he won’t. He’ll be old AF then. Plus I think the country will move on past his shit.

pretty sure he will either be in jail or dead by then from a drug overdose or stroke

Yes, because he was not convicted.

Convicted of what? Do you know how impeachment works? He was impeached by the house. It was then up to the senate to remove him from office. They did not. Impeachment isn't a legal hearing. It does not take place in a court of law before a judge. There is no conviction to convict him on. Conviction has nothing to do with impeachment.

Convicted of what? Do you know how impeachment works? He was impeached by the house. It was then up to the senate to remove him from office. They did not. Impeachment isn't a legal hearing. It does not take place in a court of law before a judge. There is no conviction to convict him on. Conviction has nothing to do with impeachment.
You have no idea what you are talking about. At all.
Being impeached is like the presidential equivalent of being indicted. It means that it has been determined (by the House) that there is enough evidence for a trial. The Senate holds the trial, with the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS presiding. The president ends up either being acquitted by the Senate, or convicted by the Senate. “Convicted” is the correct term.
FDF715D2-1C2D-4656-83BD-1D0D10902EEA.jpeg

I voted No because i predict him and Biden are Senile or dead by then.

Full disclosure, i think both are already senile.

He literally got impeached for attempting to blackmail a foreign country by withholding congressionally approved aid until they aggreed to help manufacture fake news that would help Trump interfere with the US election.

The only reason he wasn't convicted is that Mitch Mcconnel, backed by the Senate Republicans, literally refused to have an impeachment trial.
They refused to review any evidence, talk to any witnesses, or do their duty to the nation in any way. They immediately moved to vote him not guilty using their majority which was sufficient enough that Romney's vote to convict did not matter.

Did you just completely forget about what actually happened and the full sequence of events?

You don't seem to know what getting impeached means.

vhttps://www.10tv.com/article/news/verify/trump-can-run-2024-if-loses-2020/507-144cfc36-f62b-4f30-b747-ef5642af38f7

THE QUESTION
Can Donald Trump run again in 2024 if he loses the 2020 election?

THE ANSWER
Yes. While the 22nd Amendment limits presidents to two terms, it doesn’t say that those terms have to be back to back. Since President Trump has only served one term at this point, he’s legally eligible to serve again in the future if he loses in November.

WHAT WE FOUND

The 22nd Amendment was ratified and added to the Constitution in 1951. It officially established that “no person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.” But it doesn’t say anything about those terms being consecutive and no other laws or rules are preventing it.

This actually has happened in U.S. history. Democrat Grover Cleveland won the presidency in 1884, but lost his reelection campaign to Benjamin Harrison four years later. Cleveland ran again against Harrison in 1892 and won. He served two terms as president but they weren’t consecutive.

So what say you Sherdog? If Trump loses in 2020 should he run again in 2024? Discuss....
Of course he can.

I don't understand how there are so many dumb assholes who voted "no."

Four years is a LONG way away. You need a war chest of damn near a billion dollars to have a legit chance, and who at this point would bankroll him? Trump is up to his eyeballs in debt and white collar crimes. Even if he gets people to fall on the sword to protect him, there will be intense legal heat on his kids. Combine all that with the inevitable flood of tell-all books, movies, and TV shows that will come out from former employees and administration officials...within a couple years, no one will admit to supporting him the first time around!

Yes he can but he’ll also be like 81 or 82 or something right?

So that’s a no from me dog

I’ll take the Crenshaw/Owens ticket in 2024

If Lyndon Johnson had run and won a 2nd term, he could have had 10 years in office under current rules. Two years from Kennedy, 4 years of his own, and he was still eligible.

He can, but won't. You're already seeing some of the party distancing themselves and moving on.

My guess is Nikki Haley is the nominee, but 4 years is a long way off.

Lolol. Who actually thinks Trump running again is a good idea?

vhttps://www.10tv.com/article/news/verify/trump-can-run-2024-if-loses-2020/507-144cfc36-f62b-4f30-b747-ef5642af38f7

THE QUESTION
Can Donald Trump run again in 2024 if he loses the 2020 election?

THE ANSWER
Yes. While the 22nd Amendment limits presidents to two terms, it doesn’t say that those terms have to be back to back. Since President Trump has only served one term at this point, he’s legally eligible to serve again in the future if he loses in November.

WHAT WE FOUND

The 22nd Amendment was ratified and added to the Constitution in 1951. It officially established that “no person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.” But it doesn’t say anything about those terms being consecutive and no other laws or rules are preventing it.

This actually has happened in U.S. history. Democrat Grover Cleveland won the presidency in 1884, but lost his reelection campaign to Benjamin Harrison four years later. Cleveland ran again against Harrison in 1892 and won. He served two terms as president but they weren’t consecutive.

So what say you Sherdog? If Trump loses in 2020 should he run again in 2024? Discuss....
It really will just depend on whether he's out of jail by then. Seriously though I don't see him stopping his hustle even out of office. He'll continue to rail against Biden and the establishment and rile his supporters against the other half of the country. How many of you guys would still go to rallies and buy his merch?

Oh fuck Ted Cruz

They need to bring in some new folks

What happened to Paul Ryan ?

He can if he wants. But he'll never win the Republican primary again.

And he's likely to be heading on up the river here shortly......made too many enemies in his four years. Whatever shifty shit had been hidden previously is about to be is downfall.

Back